2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

Valley view wins by a few scores, could be close for a half maybe. Waynesville - Brookville game will be a battle. I'll take Waynesville in this one and set up a rematch with VV. something like 24-20.

Carlisle Head Coach Retired/resigned last night at the banquet I was told. I'm hearing Franklin job will be open Monday. That makes three teams looking for coaches for next season. Carlisle, Franklin and Monroe.

Valley view wins by a few scores, could be close for a half maybe. Waynesville - Brookville game will be a battle. I'll take Waynesville in this one and set up a rematch with VV. something like 24-20.

Carlisle Head Coach Retired/resigned last night at the banquet I was told. I'm hearing Franklin job will be open Monday. That makes three teams looking for coaches for next season. Carlisle, Franklin and Monroe.
Those are three tough places to coach right now. Parent expectations are high in all of those places..... in my opinion, higher than what the team can perform. Good luck to all three districts. I would assume that some candidates may apply for all three jobs. Very similar clientele

Those are three tough places to coach right now. Parent expectations are high in all of those places..... in my opinion, higher than what the team can perform. Good luck to all three districts. I would assume that some candidates may apply for all three jobs. Very similar clientele
Agreed tough places to coach and hopefully they find the right fits for the programs.

The offense hums better when there is an athlete in there . Benetis is a great kid and comes from a great family , his dad is a hell of a coach man. But , big but here , the offense was more explosive in the past when we had quarterbacks that were mobile , the older Benetis got the less mobile he became back there and his passing is inconsistent to say the least , ala Alter game and others. When you had labenski and westbrock navigating this offense they averaged 40 a game , go back and look at the scores and outcomes . Putting 50+ on cj and trotwoods of the world . Benetis again, is a great kid ans was great in his own right , in no way do I want to take away from that. It’s about flavor , I think we hum better and we are harder to prepare for when we have an athlete back there .
the freshman ans sophmore classes both have those caliber of players . Bellbrook is growing in numbers in leaps and bounds, the fresh and jv were really good and numbers at middle school are high , there’s a kid in there for Jenkins to put a qb.

in Jenkins we trust lol

this is just my 2 cents , not worth much. 🤣

I heard a rumor that there's a kid coming back into the program after taking a year off and played golf. He played golf and football as a freshman...my thoughts are he didn't want to play JV as a sophomore, but now that the QB slot is open he's coming back. If that's the case they'll be in good hands as he's a hell of an athlete who can run and throw.

For the Waynesville/Brookville fans, what was their first matchup like? Being a 21-14 WV win, I feel like the score shows more of a Brookville style pace, but a Waynesville win. If that's the case, that's probably not a good sign for Brookville. I know the Blue Devils would rather run the ball, slow the game, and control the time of possession. If that didn't work that first time, it'll be even harder to control tempo the second go around. I will say, Hetrick is a great coach and should game plan well in a rematch.

Monroe has been winning. If Ryan Miles doesn't go down week one, Monroe doesn't go 2-8 this year. He was arguably the best offensive player on the big half of the league at the most important position. You don't just replace that guy. They lost 3 of their top 4 offensive weapons between weeks 1-4. They played a ton of juniors and sophomores this year and a couple of freshman. They will bounce back.

Monroe has been winning. If Ryan Miles doesn't go down week one, Monroe doesn't go 2-8 this year. He was arguably the best offensive player on the big half of the league at the most important position. You don't just replace that guy. They lost 3 of their top 4 offensive weapons between weeks 1-4. They played a ton of juniors and sophomores this year and a couple of freshman. They will bounce back.
I absolutely agree with you. They were bad this year because of all the injuries.

Will those 3 districts create jobs for their new coaches? If not it's an even bigger up hill climb.

I heard a rumor that there's a kid coming back into the program after taking a year off and played golf. He played golf and football as a freshman...my thoughts are he didn't want to play JV as a sophomore, but now that the QB slot is open he's coming back. If that's the case they'll be in good hands as he's a hell of an athlete who can run and
I heard a rumor that there's a kid coming back into the program after taking a year off and played golf. He played golf and football as a freshman...my thoughts are he didn't want to play JV as a sophomore, but now that the QB slot is open he's coming back. If that's the case they'll be in good hands as he's a hell of an athlete who can run and throw.
That would be grea, he’s a stud , I’ve heard a lot about the kid , was disappointing when he chose golf over football from a fan perspective.

Our qb and rb chose golf after freshman year back in the day , had ptsd flashbacks 🤣🤣

That would be grea, he’s a stud , I’ve heard a lot about the kid , was disappointing when he chose golf over football from a fan perspective.

Our qb and rb chose golf after freshman year back in the day , had ptsd flashbacks 🤣🤣
He's a hell of a golfer too...actually won the club championship at SVGC this year! If he wants to play golf in college I've no doubt he can do so without playing HS golf as there's enough summer tournaments, junior tours etc. Still has to be seen if he does come back, but I had a feeling going into this year it's what was going to happen...which I have my opinions about, you're either part of the program or your not, just because there likely wasn't varsity reps is a BS excuse...there have been plenty of kids that grind it out until they get their shot.

I think the running game will be solid all featured RBs from this season will be back, there will be some questions on the line losing two multi-year starters, but the center is back and they've got some big strong underclassmen that should fill in. TE is back, he'll be a 3-year starter and 4-year letterman. Two of the featured WRs are back...the two that are back though HAVE to want to block on the outside, with the way the backs like to run (not 48) it's imperative for the WRs to be able to block so they can get the corner at get up field. All in all they should be quite good with all those skill guys coming back and they always seem to fill the holes vacated on the line.

I don’t think Franklin coach will be replaced. I think he gets another year. Some younger kids that are coming up plus getting some of the injured kids back.

I don’t think Franklin coach will be replaced. I think he gets another year. Some younger kids that are coming up plus getting some of the injured kids back.
Yeah heard they are in talks and decision will be made on Monday. Personally I don’t think he has had enough time there. Has to have everyone on board, it’s a tough place to get everyone on board though. Hopefully the tide turns at Franklin and they can get back to being in the discussion for league title.

It's sad that people aren't as patient as they used to be. It takes more than 2 years to build a competitive team at best. Monroe went 8-3 in Mullins 3rd year for example. The win now mentality parents and community members is ridiculous. It doesn't happen in most smaller high schools. That's the world we live in. Patience is a thing of the past.

For the Waynesville/Brookville fans, what was their first matchup like? Being a 21-14 WV win, I feel like the score shows more of a Brookville style pace, but a Waynesville win. If that's the case, that's probably not a good sign for Brookville. I know the Blue Devils would rather run the ball, slow the game, and control the time of possession. If that didn't work that first time, it'll be even harder to control tempo the second go around. I will say, Hetrick is a great coach and should game plan well in a rematch.
Brookville led 14-0 early then had a few turnovers. Waynesville’s offense really took off in the second half and the defense played well. Will take a total team effort to repeat Friday.

I am not sure what will happen. I do know we have an AD who is fully invested in making sure we have the best option at head coach. I agree that Franklin is a tough place to coach with expectations always high. Whatever the decision is I hope the community supports the decision and is fully behind whoever it is that leads the program. Better days are ahead for Franklin football

I am not sure what will happen. I do know we have an AD who is fully invested in making sure we have the best option at head coach. I agree that Franklin is a tough place to coach with expectations always high. Whatever the decision is I hope the community supports the decision and is fully behind whoever it is that leads the program. Better days are ahead for Franklin football
So are you saying that the AD thinks he doesn't have the best option at head coach right now?

So are you saying that the AD thinks he doesn't have the best option at head coach right now?
Not at all. I am not sure what the AD thinks. Everyone is speculating on what is going to happen with the current coach. The AD has coached this sophmore class since pee wee and has a kid on the team. I was just simply saying I think he will do his homework and make the best choice for the program

Anyone know why the Monroe coached was let go? Does seems odd that they were on the up swing and because of injuries had a rough reason. Was 7-5 last season and then 8-3 the season before. Just seems odd for sure.

I feel like the Franklin and Monroe football programs in particular should be good coaching jobs to hold. There's an overwhelming amount of potential in both schools.

Anyone know why the Monroe coached was let go? Does seems odd that they were on the up swing and because of injuries had a rough reason. Was 7-5 last season and then 8-3 the season before. Just seems odd for sure.
We wasn't let go, he resigned. Said he just thought it was time and he has three young sons of his own.

You can read between the lines there.
I don't know. I was at the award's banquet for the team and it seemed legit. If he was forced to resign, I would guess it would have to do with discipline problems surrounding the team. They had a couple of starters kicked off the team and a few more suspended for multiple games. I think with the injuries, the disciplinary issues, and the constant jabbering from the stands, it took a toll on him and he had enough.