2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

In your dreams young buck🤣 Bellbrooks running backs are gonna get through that d line and torture badins secondary in the open field.
Hey jock didn’t work out too well tonight did it. Eventually BB guys will realize there’s a lot of talent in southwest Ohio. Not saying Bellbrook isn’t good just southwest Ohio is really good. Not sure why people don’t understand that!!

My guess is Princeton.

I just read PM had their best player ejected in the 2nd quarter tonight. Does he miss the following game?

I believe Princeton won tonight. Are all the playoff games on Friday? Princeton won't want to host if their playing is my guess

Bellbrook was in opponent’s territory 5 times last night , came away 1 touchdown . They were insides the 15 3 times , came away with 1 touchdown. They missed a field goal. They fumbled at the 1 yard line going in. Badin was the better team , but Bellbrook did not play their best football last night. 1st half was back breaker . Only gave up 3 points in 2nd half .
Junior heavy team, we will be back !
good luck to the rest of the league !!!

Any news on the locations for the VV vs PM and WV vs BV?
Waiting for sites is like Christmas Eve, lol. Not knowing who is willing to host along with the OHSAA BS state of affairs playing everybody on Friday night makes it a gamble. Bottom line, there are a lot of teams going to get screwed on the locations relative to their area and that in itself is OSHAA issue with having all games on Friday.

Just guessing, Hamilton or Monroe would be the venue for either game, with a shot at Franklin or Miamisburg being in the mix for one or the other.

Last edited:
Im wondering the same thing. I heard he got ejected which should mean he is suspended for 2 games, right?
2 games is the OHSAA rule. I am assuming there is an appeal process depending on what the player did.

To me, it should be pretty cut/dry if he was ejected. Crime=Punishment

2 games is the OHSAA rule. I am assuming there is an appeal process depending on what the player did.

To me, it should be pretty cut/dry if he was ejected. Crime=Punishment
I wonder how many times the OHSAA has overturned an ejection and let the player/coach participate the following week. I've never heard of an ejection being overturned on appeal.

I wonder how many times the OHSAA has overturned an ejection and let the player/coach participate the following week. I've never heard of an ejection being overturned on appeal.
Great question.... would love to hear some answers on that. I am wth you, I have never heard of an appeal that was actually overturned.

From my understanding, the player ejected punched an opposing player. I can't imagine that gets overturned if true.
I do not know if the ejection actually happened, but I just read the OSHA ejection rule, The ejected player must sit out the remainder of the game and at least one more game and the ejection cannot be appealed.

I do not know if the ejection actually happened, but I just read the OSHA ejection rule, The ejected player must sit out the remainder of the game and at least one more game and the ejection cannot be appealed.
The definition of fighting is found in the NFHS playing rules and reads as follows: “Fighting is any attempt by a player or non-player to strike or engage a player or non-player in a combative manner unrelated to the sport. Such acts include, but are not limited to, attempts to strike an opponent(s) with the arm(s), hand(s), leg(s), or foot (feet), whether or not there is contact.” If video is presented to the Director of Officiating, or their designee, and the video clearly shows the ejection action did not meet the NFHS definition of fighting (as written above), the suspension length may be reduced. The player(s) in question is ineligible until such time as the designee rules on the submitted video or the four-game penalty (two in football) has been fulfilled.

If PM sends the video to the director of officiating and they don't deem it to be fighting then the suspension can be revoked.

Like any government rules there always seem to be some loopholes (This is for players and Coaches)
Ejection Protocol
Following an ejection, the official that gave the ejection is required to make contact with the Athletic Director or Principal of the violator’s school to advise the administration of the ejection. The official files a report ONLINE in the myOHSAA system with the OHSAA. Upon this electronic submission:  The report is automatically sent electronically to the OHSAA and copies to the school’s Athletic Director.  The school’s Athletic Director is required to submit a reply that includes the school and coach/player side of the events/ejection  In the submitted reply from the school’s Athletic Director, he/she is required to submit the coach’s email address  Upon the Athletic Director’s submission of the “Response Form”, an email is sent to the ejected coach explaining the consequences (below) of the ejection: o An ejected coach is suspended from ALL GAMES for the remainder of the day of the ejection PLUS ALL GAMES UNTIL 2 AT THE LEVEL OF THE EJECTION ARE COMPLETED. Thus, a JV coach ejected from a JV contest cannot coach a JV OR Varsity contest until 2 JV contests have been played. o Ejected coaches must also pay a $100.00 fine and complete the National Federation of State High School Association’s (NFHS) “Teaching and Modeling Behavior” course within 30 days of the ejection. The payment of the fine is completed with an online payment per the instructions provided to the coach on the email he/she receives that is triggered by submission of the School Response Form. ALL PLAYER and COACH EJECTIONS ARE FINAL AND NOT PERMITTED TO BE APPEALED per the OHSAA’s Board of Directors

Like any government rules there always seem to be some loopholes (This is for players and Coaches)
Ejection Protocol
Following an ejection, the official that gave the ejection is required to make contact with the Athletic Director or Principal of the violator’s school to advise the administration of the ejection. The official files a report ONLINE in the myOHSAA system with the OHSAA. Upon this electronic submission:  The report is automatically sent electronically to the OHSAA and copies to the school’s Athletic Director.  The school’s Athletic Director is required to submit a reply that includes the school and coach/player side of the events/ejection  In the submitted reply from the school’s Athletic Director, he/she is required to submit the coach’s email address  Upon the Athletic Director’s submission of the “Response Form”, an email is sent to the ejected coach explaining the consequences (below) of the ejection: o An ejected coach is suspended from ALL GAMES for the remainder of the day of the ejection PLUS ALL GAMES UNTIL 2 AT THE LEVEL OF THE EJECTION ARE COMPLETED. Thus, a JV coach ejected from a JV contest cannot coach a JV OR Varsity contest until 2 JV contests have been played. o Ejected coaches must also pay a $100.00 fine and complete the National Federation of State High School Association’s (NFHS) “Teaching and Modeling Behavior” course within 30 days of the ejection. The payment of the fine is completed with an online payment per the instructions provided to the coach on the email he/she receives that is triggered by submission of the School Response Form. ALL PLAYER and COACH EJECTIONS ARE FINAL AND NOT PERMITTED TO BE APPEALED per the OHSAA’s Board of Directors
I'm even more confused now. What you posted says it's final, what I found on the General Guidelines page says it's appealable.

Straight from the 2023 OHSAA rules/ regulations

“Exception 2: A player disqualified for fighting shall be ineligible for all football contests for the remainder of that day. In addition, he/she shall be ineligible for all football games at all levels until TWO regular season/tournaments contest is played at the same level as the ejection or disqualification. The disqualification for these fouls may be reduced by the OHSAA football administrator or his/her designee. Video of these fouls shall be emailed to the OHSAA football administrator or his/her designee within 48 hours of the contest”

Bellbrook was in opponent’s territory 5 times last night , came away 1 touchdown . They were insides the 15 3 times , came away with 1 touchdown. They missed a field goal. They fumbled at the 1 yard line going in. Badin was the better team , but Bellbrook did not play their best football last night. 1st half was back breaker . Only gave up 3 points in 2nd half .
Junior heavy team, we will be back !
good luck to the rest of the league !!!

The slants and hitches were there all night, not sure why they just didn't continue to take those until Badin adjusted. 4th and 1 on their first possession and rather than go jumbo with a QB sneak as they had all year they attempted a toss sweep. Same thing on the botched snap on the direct snap play in the 4th quarter...I would've left the ball in the hands of the senior rather try to get cute with a play they hadn't run all year. Definitely had some opportunities, but what I saw was Badin not making mistakes where Bellbrook was...and ultimately Badin proved to be the better team.

Bellbrook's biggest issue next year is going to be QB. Losing a 3-year starter, regardless if most of his time is spent handing off, is going to be tough to replace. There's a lot of movement, fakes, motions, timing that has to occur. They also started throwing it more this year, and quite frankly if they would've relied more on pass became more balanced I think they win one or two more games in the regular season and would have been a top 8 seed vs bottom 8. Regardless, they don't have anyone on their roster going into next year that can throw the ball as effectively as the senior that is leaving, and my understanding is that the likely QB for next year doesn't even want to play QB and has made that known. It will be interested to see how it all plays out.

The slants and hitches were there all night, not sure why they just didn't continue to take those until Badin adjusted. 4th and 1 on their first possession and rather than go jumbo with a QB sneak as they had all year they attempted a toss sweep. Same thing on the botched snap on the direct snap play in the 4th quarter...I would've left the ball in the hands of the senior rather try to get cute with a play they hadn't run all year. Definitely had some opportunities, but what I saw was Badin not making mistakes where Bellbrook was...and ultimately Badin proved to be the better team.

Bellbrook's biggest issue next year is going to be QB. Losing a 3-year starter, regardless if most of his time is spent handing off, is going to be tough to replace. There's a lot of movement, fakes, motions, timing that has to occur. They also started throwing it more this year, and quite frankly if they would've relied more on pass became more balanced I think they win one or two more games in the regular season and would have been a top 8 seed vs bottom 8. Regardless, they don't have anyone on their roster going into next year that can throw the ball as effectively as the senior that is leaving, and my understanding is that the likely QB for next year doesn't even want to play QB and has made that known. It will be interested to see how it all plays out.
The offense hums better when there is an athlete in there . Benetis is a great kid and comes from a great family , his dad is a hell of a coach man. But , big but here , the offense was more explosive in the past when we had quarterbacks that were mobile , the older Benetis got the less mobile he became back there and his passing is inconsistent to say the least , ala Alter game and others. When you had labenski and westbrock navigating this offense they averaged 40 a game , go back and look at the scores and outcomes . Putting 50+ on cj and trotwoods of the world . Benetis again, is a great kid ans was great in his own right , in no way do I want to take away from that. It’s about flavor , I think we hum better and we are harder to prepare for when we have an athlete back there .
the freshman ans sophmore classes both have those caliber of players . Bellbrook is growing in numbers in leaps and bounds, the fresh and jv were really good and numbers at middle school are high , there’s a kid in there for Jenkins to put a qb.

in Jenkins we trust lol

this is just my 2 cents , not worth much. 🤣

I think Purcell Marian has enough athleticism and offense to make VV play four quarters. But I do expect VV to win by 2-3 TD's. Something like 42-21. As for the Waynesville/Brookville rematch, I think that game goes to whoever is able to impose their style of play. If it's a lower scoring game where Brookville can control the tempo and time of possession, the Blue Devils can win. If Waynesville came make it more of an up and down the field type game, I think they win by 7-14.