2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Part of why the Steelers continue to fall apart at the end of the year is the staff’s inability to make strong counter-adjustments.

I believe his knee is bothering more than we all know and maybe a reason why the offense has become a snap, catch and throw.

Giants - 8th - 124 yards, 0 TD
Broncos - 27th - 111 yards, 1 TD
Texans - 31st - 163 yards, 1 TD
Eagles - 24th - 72 yards, 1 TD
Browns - 9th - 120 yards, 2 TD
Titans - 17th - 95 yards, 1 TD
Ravens - 14th - 48 yards, 1 TD
Cowboys - 32nd - 30 yards, 0 TD
Bengals - 28th - 48 yards, 0 TDs
Jaguars - 30th - 107 yards, 1 TD
Ravens - 14th - 69 yards, 0 TD
WFT - 11th - 21 yards, 0 TD
Bills - 21st - 47 yards, 0 TD

Seems like maybe Pederson in Philly figured something out, then Vrabel, and the Ravens finally shut the door.

That they haven’t been able to counteract what teams have been doing since early mid-season is pretty much why this team is going nowhere until they change the staff, and that probably won’t happen till Ben retires. It’s football purgatory

Last edited:
Apparently, the only team in the league that has punted more than the Steelers is the Jets lol
Bit surprised.
offense has been tough to watch for a long time.
Most fans didnt care as a W is a W, but this ineptness was not unexpected.

Steelers magic number to clinch the North is 1. They better beat the Bengals or they might not make it.

Not sure how much it really matters with home field being a non-factor. They’re already guaranteed a playoff spot, might as well rest the guys who need it

A wild card shirt is just fine!

Finally time to truly plan for the future at the QB position.
Might be able to get Darnold fairly cheaply. What do you think of him? I don’t follow the Jets much but he seems like a guy with great potential that might just need a reset. I assume the Clemson QB is no.1 to the NYJ. Unless they trade for a bunch of picks.

Might be able to get Darnold fairly cheaply. What do you think of him? I don’t follow the Jets much but he seems like a guy with great potential that might just need a reset. I assume the Clemson QB is no.1 to the NYJ. Unless they trade for a bunch of picks.
Eh.
He is stale goods.

Can he be mobile enough for this new NFL? We dont need a guy like Jackson, but having above average mobility at the QB position is the future. hell, our offense was at its best when BR was moving around in the pocket to buy time. We need something a bit more mobile than even that if you ask me and I am unsure if Darnold can fit that bill.

Trask or Zach Wilson are probably the guys who would be available when the Steelers pick.

There should be a few vets out there to be had if they want to go that route. The problem there being the Steelers will be in a serious cap crunch next season

It will be 100% a draft pick as the next QB.
If Newton and Winston, who were bargain pickups this past year, had stepped up and played well then you know how much of a copy cat league this is, more teams would be apt to give a retread like that the keys to the offense.

I was for getting Winston/Newton as a backup/insurance this year to BR in case his elbow was not fully healed but didnt think they would be in the price range but surprisingly they were.

It is going to be a few rocky years and they NEED to hit a HR with the next QB they draft. It is ashamed too, as that WR corp may be the best ever had.
Could we be in for an early 2021 injury to BR, a tanking like the Colts to get Luck? That would be the quickest turnaround, although a painful one.

We already will be hating life the next few years at the Browns overtake us. Might as well and get that AND a high draft pick season for a QB over at the same time.

Trask or Zach Wilson are probably the guys who would be available when the Steelers pick.

There should be a few vets out there to be had if they want to go that route. The problem there being the Steelers will be in a serious cap crunch next season

Winston and Newton weren’t good QBs to begin with. Newton excelled due to his mobility but was never a top level passer. Comparing those two to Stafford or Darnold doesn’t make much sense.

Trask is the only guy the Steelers have a shot at that I’d want. I wouldn’t be shocked if they move up to get him

Winston and Newton weren’t good QBs to begin with. Newton excelled due to his mobility but was never a top level passer. Comparing those two to Stafford or Darnold doesn’t make much sense.

Trask is the only guy the Steelers have a shot at that I’d want. I wouldn’t be shocked if they move up to get him
Come on.
Darnold has shown zero ability. Winston has thrown for 5k in a season, and Cam won an MVP, right?

Stafford has been saddled with an awful organization no doubt about that, but Darnold has done nothing......

Darnold plays for Adam Gase and has absolutely nothing to work with. I think he'd be bargain and would do well to sit a year behind Ben.

I mean, if you think Winston and Newton are good QBs, I don't think there's any reasoning that can happen here. They're really, really bad.

Darnold plays for Adam Gase and has absolutely nothing to work with. I think he'd be bargain and would do well to sit a year behind Ben.

I mean, if you think Winston and Newton are good QBs, I don't think there's any reasoning that can happen here. They're really, really bad.
Were.

Putting Darnold in Stafford's category is a huge stretch. Stafford has been very productive for a long while. Darnold has shown very little and done even less.

Putting Darnold in Stafford's category is a huge stretch. Stafford has been very productive for a long while. Darnold has shown very little and done even less.
Some franchises just permanently ruin a player so I wouldnt want Darnold.

I am hopeful that by 2023 we can be a legit playoff contender again. By then the Chefs should be running into some sever cap issues in keeping all their talent, Burrough will be totally bengalized, Jackson will be too worn down from all the hits and running and all we have to contend with is the Browns.

Some franchises just permanently ruin a player so I wouldnt want Darnold.

I am hopeful that by 2023 we can be a legit playoff contender again. By then the Chefs should be running into some sever cap issues in keeping all their talent, Burrough will be totally bengalized, Jackson will be too worn down from all the hits and running and all we have to contend with is the Browns.

I don’t see that with Darnold