2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the 7v7 on Friday and to be honest if the Qb race is close, I'm not sure what that speaks to, but I was impressed with Owens and Slaughter the little bit that I saw. If it is close and we factor in that Slaughter got a lot of play time since his Freshman year and he's been playing in this offense, with the same group of kids for years, you'd think that he'd be well ahead of Owens and maybe he is? I do like to think about the possibilities that a Qb that can play the position good enough in the traditional sense of distributing the ball intelligently and adds the dimension of being a true threat to run the ball, that you have to account for him every play brings to the offense, in my mind that added dimension would make this already potent offense absolutely lethal...TIG

Bingo. Similar to couple years ago with McElroy. Just an added dimension/skill set that WILL come in handy.

Love the shadow crew ❤️ IMG_1821.jpeg

Massilon/ Glenville/ Hoban/ St Ed’s/ nordonia/ Medina/ avon/ Chardon/ Hudson/ wadsworth/ kenston/ Luthern west/ Cleveland hts/Kirtland all going to be powerhouses in their conferences. So much hate on these threads. On know it’s fun to talk smack. But the reality is those programs I mentioned will all be very good. Probably missing a few

One thing I have always wondered about "offers".... Who says that a certain player got a "D1 offer"? Is it announced to the world - "Hey Player X just got a D1 offer from the X University".... Do the colleges announce it - "Hey we just offered player X"..... Does the HS coach announce it? Does the player/family announce it? How does anyone know it these offers are legit?

One thing I have always wondered about "offers".... Who says that a certain player got a "D1 offer"? Is it announced to the world - "Hey Player X just got a D1 offer from the X University".... Do the colleges announce it - "Hey we just offered player X"..... Does the HS coach announce it? Does the player/family announce it? How does anyone know it these offers are legit?
Players usually announce after talking with the coaches. Some are definitely not committable offers like when a mid level guy announces an offer from Bama and Ohio state isn’t even looking at him

How many WR’s are on the Ohio St roster from St Ig ?
How many WR’s are on the Ohio St roster from Massillon ?
So you are saying Hartline had NO IDEA what he was getting with Ballard ? That they just decided to give him a full ride worth well over 100k just because he was tall and could run ?
You get dumber by the post.
At one point we had 2 ..

Players usually announce after talking with the coaches. Some are definitely not committable offers like when a mid level guy announces an offer from Bama and Ohio state isn’t even looking at him
So if the player announces it then couldn't they say they got an offer from, oh let's say 50 Power Five programs when they are a 5'10" 200 lb offensive guard....

I think Glenoak’s qb a few years ago claimed a Michigan offer. I don’t think it materialized. Maybe I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.