2023 Elder Football

$60/hour for a non-profit ain't bad.

Even Princeton gets $100/hour.

Nippert by comparison is either $2500/game or $300/hour

It’s certainly better than some of the other venues Moeller has used for home games in the past.
For sure - and it's probably 10-15 minutes from most of Elder fans' houses. For an Elder fan, they would LOVE to have a Moe home game right down the street.

I’ll be the first to admit that high school football isn’t as well attended as it was 20 years ago but I think a doubleheader of the R4 and R8 championship games played at Nippert would draw a crowd that exceeds the combined crowds of playing those games in high school stadiums and make the rental costs well worth it.

However, the OHSAA would rather take the cheap and easy route and make their extra money from Spectrum.

I’ll be the first to admit that high school football isn’t as well attended as it was 20 years ago but I think a doubleheader of the R4 and R8 championship games played at Nippert would draw a crowd that exceeds the combined crowds of playing those games in high school stadiums and make the rental costs well worth it.

However, the OHSAA would rather take the cheap and easy route and make their extra money from Spectrum.
I thought it was stated earlier that the Big 12 forbids their stadiums to be rented out for high school games to eliminate the appearance of recruiting.
If true, then Nippert is off the table.

Love this idea!
I thought it was stated earlier that the Big 12 forbids their stadiums to be rented out for high school games to eliminate the appearance of recruiting.
If true, then Nippert is off the table.
If so, have it at Miami.

I’m surprised Pboy didn’t point this out earlier, the plan is as obvious as the purple nose on his face… I think Moeller wants to play at MSJ to enhance their recruiting of westside grade school kids. I’m sure Moeller will make it a grade school night if they play Elder at MSJ. Maybe Elder needs to give up some of their games at The Pit and rent out Taft’s stadium to work some recruiting magic in the center of the city! Or rent Withrow’s field to break into the east side.

Last edited:
I think Moeller wants to play at MSJ to enhance their recruiting of westside grade school kids. I’m sure Moeller will make i a grade school night if they play Elder at MSJ. Maybe Elder needs to give up some of its games at The Pit and rent out Taft’s stadium to work some recruiting magic in the center of the city! Or rent Withrow’s field to break int the east side.
If you intended this to be funny. It’s hilarious. Awesome! Good work.

I’m surprised Pboy didn’t point this out earlier, the plan is as obvious as the purple nose on his face… I think Moeller wants to play at MSJ to enhance their recruiting of westside grade school kids. I’m sure Moeller will make it a grade school night if they play Elder at MSJ.
:rolleyes:

There's that inferiority complex, loud and clear.

Again, why does Moeller get in the Elder crawl so much? Elder has a much better situation with tradition, facilities and coaches.

:rolleyes:

There's that inferiority complex, loud and clear.

Again, why does Moeller get in the Elder crawl so much? Elder has a much better situation with tradition, facilities and coaches.
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Was it really a joke? I'm not convinced as there are definitely people who would make this claim about Moeller. Lots of them, because there is a massive inferiority complex when it comes to Moeller.
West Hi seats more than 2,000. Moe could have baseball tryouts before the game.

Another Ramsey on the coaching staff, shocker.

Heard the JV head coach is out, who is probably their best underclassmen coach. Hoping it wasn't another Jason Murphy situation, where Murphy won too much and was threatening to the legacy coaches wants and needs.

I would love to know where some of these facilities get their capacity numbers. I know for a fact MSJ has had way over 2000 just in the stands and it definitely isn't less than half of what Norwood holds. Norwood's Shea stadium supposedly holds over 5000. This must be some new common core math..... The math simply isnt mathin'.

I would love to know where some of these facilities get their capacity numbers. I know for a fact MSJ has had way over 2000 just in the stands and it definitely isn't less than half of what Norwood holds. Norwood's Shea stadium supposedly holds over 5000. This must be some new common core math..... The math simply isnt mathin'.
Shea has a lot higher stands. It has been a long time since I was at MSJ, but I remember them not being very high. Shea goes Goal line to opposite 10 yard line. MSJ goes Goald to Goal, but not as high. I would be willing to bet both numbers are off.

Taylor Swift paid $75,000 per night. The Bengals promotion company paid the $150k and then raked in big dollars from Swift for promoting the event. A Moe/Elder. X/LaSalle doubleheader would draw 30,000 at an average of $8/ticket or $240,000. Each school nets over $40k.
I know it will never happen- but it would be great for the fans and the players to say they played at Paul Brown Field.
20-25 years ago sure. That double header would be hard pressed to get 20k these days.

Another Ramsey on the coaching staff, shocker.
I'm wondering why this bothers you so much? Drew was an excellent player. Doug is a great coach. Why would this be a problem as it seems you're implying.
Heard the JV head coach is out, who is probably their best underclassmen coach. Hoping it wasn't another Jason Murphy situation, where Murphy won too much and was threatening to the legacy coaches wants and needs.
What nonsense are you on about now? He won too much, give me a break. Coaching football at any level is unbelievably hard and terribly time-consuming. It's amazing any non-teacher is able to make coaching high school football work at all.

What nonsense are you on about now?
Just stating the fact that their best coach at the younger levels is no longer coaching, and hoping he wasn't blind-sided like Murphy was.

Kind of odd that no one will discuss or has mentioned the JV head coach's departure, just like no one gave the details of Murphy's departure.

Because like I said, there are about 4-5 families that truly run the show in Elder athletics, and it's somewhat been set up for the benefit of them, their families, and their buddies. Watching everyone suck the teet of those 4-5 families is hilarious.

Last edited:
What nonsense are you on about now? He won too much, give me a break.
He won alot, then was told he wasn't the coach anymore. Why? Tell the truth.

If I remember correctly, even guys like @JElder said it was a bunch of political BS. Just hoping the same didn't happen to the JV coach.

Last edited:
He won alot, then was told he wasn't the coach anymore. Why? Tell the truth.

If I remember correctly, even guys like @JElder said it was a bunch of political BS, but I may be mis-remembering. Just hoping the same didn't happen to the JV coach.
I am very good friends with Jason Murphy, he was totally shocked when they took the head coaching job from him and told him he could be Whitmers assistant. But beyond that, I can't get any info from him what the reason was. It still a mystery.

The same reason only certain coach's kids get to dress varsity as freshman. The same reason only certain coach's kids play up their entire careers. The same reason certain people handle and control the little panthers program, the same reason all of the little panther coaches are part of a connected family and friend circle, the same reason why certain kids get picked to sit on the bench during playoffs runs. The same reason family members are added to the coaching staff each year. It's well past the point of obvious, and it all goes on unabated.

It's an amazing and wild coincidence that the kids getting all of these opportunities come from the same connected friend and family group. What are the odds!!! It's their playground, the rest of you are just pawns and don't even realize it.

Unfortunately, it continues to be enabled.

Last edited:
The same reason only certain coach's kids get to dress varsity as freshman. The same reason only certain coach's kids play up their entire careers. The same reason certain people handle and control the little panthers program, the same reason all of the little panther coaches are part of a connected family and friend circle, the same reason why certain kids get picked to sit on the bench during playoffs runs. The same reason family members are added to the coaching staff each year. It's well past the point of obvious, and it all goes on unabated.

It's an amazing and wild coincidence that the kids getting all of these opportunities come from the same connected friend and family group. What are the odds!!! It's their playground, the rest of you are just pawns and don't even realize it.
JV coach left due to his day job. He is not a teacher. Stop trying to allude Or insinuate anything else you dope.

JV coach left due to his day job. He is not a teacher. Stop trying to allude Or insinuate anything else you dope.
Yet the topic is taboo, just like it was when Murphy exited. We all know why it happened with Murphy, but no one is willing to say it or type it. Why is that?

And it's not shocking you have the inside scoop as you're likely part of the inner circle based on your posting history, or one of the daddies that continues to suck on the teets of these families so your kid gets his entitled opoortunity. You can't help yourself but to respond when I talk about this stuff, which is telling.

It's amazing how many people talk about this in their real life circles, and then everyone here won't dare talk about it for fear of being outed. Just be honest about what's going on.

Last edited: