2023 Elder Football

ElderHSfan02

Elder will be breaking in basically an entire new offensive skill unit as well - QB, RB, three WRs, also a couple OL I'm sure.

Elder will return only 3 starters on offense and they are all offensive lineman. LT Schoster, RG Weidner, RT Roth all return.

QB Schoster senior
RB Flowers senior
FB M. Autenrieb senior
WR Re senior
WR L. Autenrieb senior
WR Collins senior
TE/WR Browne senior
TE Rolfes senior
LT Schorsch junior
LG James senior
C Onorato senior
RG Weidner junior
RT Bass(injured) senior and Roth junior

Elder will return only 3 starters on offense and they are all offensive lineman. LT Schoster, RG Weidner, RT Roth all return.

QB Schoster senior
RB Flowers senior
FB M. Autenrieb senior
WR Re senior
WR L. Autenrieb senior
WR Collins senior
TE/WR Browne senior
TE Rolfes senior
LT Schorsch junior
LG James senior
C Onorato senior
RG Weidner junior
This is discouraging

This is discouraging

It's not great, but they will be fine. Here's what the offense could look like next year. Class is listed as next year.
QB Ryan Schachleiter(senior), Eli Roden(junior), Carson Smith(sophomore)
RB Evan Meier(senior)
FB No underclassman listed on Varsity roster. Elder is never short of hard nosed fullbacks who can block. Not worried here, but Autenrieb tough to replace.
WR Drew Murphy(senior), Josh Mirus(senior), Stefon Harmeling(junior), Tyler Beckenhaupt(senior)
TE/WR Brayden Boeing(junior)
TE Tyler Richie(senior)
LT Jacob Schorsch(senior)
LG Cameron James(junior)
C ???
RG Dominic Weidner(senior)
RT Tommy Roth(senior)
Other Offensive Lineman candidates: Yerian(senior), Watson(senior), Holiday(senior), Zimmer(senior), Caminiti(senior), Goettke(senior). That is 7 offensive lineman battling for 2 open offensive line spots assuming the returning starters keep their positions.

It's not great, but they will be fine. Here's what the offense could look like next year. Class is listed as next year.
RB Evan Meier(senior)
FB No underclassman listed on Varsity roster. Elder is never short of hard nosed fullbacks who can block. Not worried here, but Autenrieb tough to replace.
WR Drew Murphy(senior), Josh Mirus(senior), Stefon Harmeling(junior), Tyler Beckenhaupt(senior)
TE Tyler Richie(senior)
LG Cameron James(junior)
C ???
RT Tommy Roth(senior)
Other Offensive Lineman candidates: Yerian(senior), Watson(senior), Holiday(senior), Zimmer(senior), Caminiti(senior), Goettke(senior). That is 7 offensive lineman battling for 2 open offensive line spots assuming the returning starters keep their positions.
3 other JV OL guys (Tucker, Hoffmann, and Vetter) should compete with those others Srs you listed. I expect Roth to move back to Center which is what he played on the frosh and jv level and his natural position. So I’m really expecting RT to be a battle between several people.

RB Evan Meier(senior)
TE Tyler Richie(senior)
LG Cameron James(junior)
C ???
RT Tommy Roth(senior)
Soph Re will be on Varsity. IDK if he’ll play, but certainly dress. Same with Uran and Broxterman.

3 other JV OL guys (Tucker, Hoffmann, and Vetter) should compete with those others Srs you listed. I expect Roth to move back to Center which is what he played on the frosh and jv level and his natural position. So I’m really expecting RT to be a battle between several people.

Just guessing on the line. Height/weight from this year roster.

LT Schorsch(senior) 6'5" 295
LG James(junior) 6'1" 225
C Roth(senior) 6'0" 225
RG Weidner(senior) 6'0" 245
RT Caminiti(senior) 6'3" 280

Thoughts on the 2023 schedule? I'm assuming Cov Cath, Pickerington Central, Lou. St. X were all 2 year home/away contracts. I see Pickerington North week 1 at home, and I'm assuming Springboro and Chatard were 2 year contracts with Springboro coming to Elder and Elder traveling to Chatard next season. Week 2 should not be difficult to fill. Week 5 and 8 will be more difficult.

Week 1 Pickerington North home
Week 2
Week 3 Springboro home
Week 4 St. Ed's home
Week 5
Week 6 St. Xavier away
Week 7 Moeller home
Week 8
Week 9 Chatard away
Week 10 La Salle away

Brutal schedule once again.

The positives are the returning offensive line. If Elder has a line that can execute, historically, they will plug other pieces and find a way to score effectively.

The defense likely takes a step back.

Just guessing on the line. Height/weight from this year roster.

LT Schorsch(senior) 6'5" 295
LG James(junior) 6'1" 225
C Roth(senior) 6'0" 225
RG Weidner(senior) 6'0" 245
RT Caminiti(senior) 6'3" 280

I’d bet a lot of $, James will be a good deal bigger weight wise starting next yr.

Brutal schedule once again.

The positives are the returning offensive line. If Elder has a line that can execute, historically, they will plug other pieces and find a way to score effectively.

The defense likely takes a step back.
IDK. It’s possible, but the Front 7 is pretty loaded. They’ll miss Freeman & Voelkerding but they’ve got talented players to replace them. I think they’ll really miss Gutenkust in the Secondary. He was a baller that didn’t get a lot of credit for how good he really was.

Thoughts on the 2023 schedule? I'm assuming Cov Cath, Pickerington Central, Lou. St. X were all 2 year home/away contracts. I see Pickerington North week 1 at home, and I'm assuming Springboro and Chatard were 2 year contracts with Springboro coming to Elder and Elder traveling to Chatard next season. Week 2 should not be difficult to fill. Week 5 and 8 will be more difficult.

Week 2
Week 3 Springboro home
Week 4 St. Ed's home
Week 5
Week 6 St. Xavier away
Week 7 Moeller home
Week 8
Week 9 Chatard away
Week 10 La Salle away
Confirmed Pick North week 1? That’s a nice add. I hope they can get at least 1 Tri state area team to fill one of the openings. I imagine week 8 will be out of state.

Who all returns for the Panthers??

Offense

QB Schoster senior
RB Flowers senior
FB M. Autenrieb senior
WR Re senior
WR L. Autenrieb senior
WR Collins senior
TE/WR Browne senior
TE Rolfes senior
LT Schorsch junior
LG James senior
C Onorato senior
RG Weidner junior

Defense

Elder will return only 3 starters on defense. DE McKenna, LB Dugan, LB Arnold. A number of players played/rotated and will fill in nicely. Look for Heitz to step in for Hulen at DE and Ginn to step in at NG for Freeman. Cowans to step in MLB for Voelkerding. Fortkamp played some safety when Morgan was at CB for injuries. Summers started at CB when Morman was hurt. Priestle was starting at CB when Finley got hurt.

McKenna, Dugan, Arnold returning starters and Heitz, Ginn, Forkamp, Summers, Priestle, and Cowans all got reps with 1st team either rotating or filling in due to injury.

DE Hulen senior
NG Freeman senior
DE McKenna junior
LB Horenschmeyer senior
LB Voelkerding senior
LB Dugan junior
LB Paff senior / Arnold sophomore
CB Morman senior
CB Finley senior
S Gutekunst senior
S Morgan senior

Defense

Elder will return only 3 starters on defense. DE McKenna, LB Dugan, LB Arnold. A number of players played/rotated and will fill in nicely. Look for Heitz to step in for Hulen at DE and Ginn to step in at NG for Freeman. Cowans to step in MLB for Voelkerding. Fortkamp played some safety when Morgan was at CB for injuries. Summers started at CB when Morman was hurt. Priestle was starting at CB when Finley got hurt.

McKenna, Dugan, Arnold returning starters and Heitz, Ginn, Forkamp, Summers, Priestle, and Cowans all got reps with 1st team either rotating or filling in due to injury.

DE Hulen senior
NG Freeman senior
DE McKenna junior
LB Horenschmeyer senior
LB Voelkerding senior
LB Dugan junior
LB Paff senior / Arnold sophomore
CB Morman senior
CB Finley senior
S Gutekunst senior
S Morgan senior
DE McKenna
NT Ginn
DE Heitz

OLBs- Selle, Arnold
ILBs- Dugan, Cowans

CBs- Summers, Priestle
SS/Rover- Fortkamp
FS- Sandhas

Confirmed Pick North week 1? That’s a nice add. I hope they can get at least 1 Tri state area team to fill one of the openings. I imagine week 8 will be out of state.

Elder-Pickerington North is on the arbiter site for week 1. August 18th, 2023 at Elder.

DE McKenna
NT Ginn
DE Heitz

OLBs- Selle, Arnold
ILBs- Dugan, Cowans

CBs- Summers, Priestle
SS/Rover- Fortkamp
FS- Sandhas
Long shot but will have to wait and see if Stallmeyer would consider coming back out. Stud in JV year. The other one is Lyons not sure where he fits in but played safety and was at LB this year. Owens CB got some quality time on specials this year too.

RB Evan Meier(senior)
TE Tyler Richie(senior)
LG Cameron James(junior)
C ???
RT Tommy Roth(senior)
Goettke is listed t 6'4 220 and has a good frame for the OL. Neville would be the other WR if he comes back from his injury.

Long shot but will have to wait and see if Stallmeyer would consider coming back out. Stud in JV year. The other one is Lyons not sure where he fits in but played safety and was at LB this year. Owens CB got some quality time on specials this year too.
I’d like to see how Uran develops before next season. Right now, he’s kind of a tweener bw LB & S.

Week 2
Week 3 Springboro home
Week 4 St. Ed's home
Week 5
Week 6 St. Xavier away
Week 7 Moeller home
Week 8
Week 9 Chatard away
Week 10 La Salle away
I sent a message to Ohio Scheduler on Twitter https://twitter.com/ohioscheduler

He responded with the same schedule you posted minus the Chatard game, but we both agreed it would make sense to be up in Indy.

He will also post a list of schools that are still open for weeks.

Here are some of the possible games I see Elder picking up.

Week 2 Upper Arlington, Big Walnut, Canton McKinley, West Hi, Chaminade-Julienne
Week 5 Walsh Jesuit, Ignatius
Week 8 Ignatius

LaSalle is also open week 5 so that game could be moved to Week 5 and have week 10 open.

I sent a message to Ohio Scheduler on Twitter https://twitter.com/ohioscheduler

He responded with the same schedule you posted minus the Chatard game, but we both agreed it would make sense to be up in Indy.

He will also post a list of schools that are still open for weeks.

Here are some of the possible games I see Elder picking up.

Week 2 Upper Arlington, Big Walnut, Canton McKinley, West Hi, Chaminade-Julienne
Week 5 Walsh Jesuit, Ignatius
Week 8 Ignatius

LaSalle is also open week 5 so that game could be moved to Week 5 and have week 10 open.

An easy game at home for senior night week 8 after a tough game against Moeller would be perfect. That might come from an out of town opponent probably.

Week 2 Upper Arlington would be great. Week 5 at St. Ignatius would not be bad since they have Ed's at home this year.

I’d like to see the LaSalle game moved out of week 10 permanently so it’s never anticlimactic for the GCL. Or see all of the GCL games moved to weeks 8-10.

But I know there’s about the same chance of seeing Elder-Oak Hills and Moeller-Princeton in week 10 again as either of those happening.

I think the GCL games are set, but moveable. Only Moeller plays their three games straight. I think the teams agree to move them around to try and get everyone 10 games.

I miss the Oak Hills/Elder, Moeller/Princeton, and Colerain/LaSalle week 10 games too. I remember X playing either Andeson or Hamilton week 10, but we need leagues with 9 week schedules.

I’d like to see the LaSalle game moved out of week 10 permanently so it’s never anticlimactic for the GCL. Or see all of the GCL games moved to weeks 8-10.

But I know there’s about the same chance of seeing Elder-Oak Hills and Moeller-Princeton in week 10 again as either of those happening.
I don’t think the Elder/ Oak Hills game should be revived. There is too much friction between all the students. I can attest this starts in grade school and only grows worse. Things are fine the way they are now with no football game. Basketball and baseball games are heated enough.

I don’t think the Elder/ Oak Hills game should be revived. There is too much friction between all the students. I can attest this starts in grade school and only grows worse. Things are fine the way they are now with no football game. Basketball and baseball games are heated enough.
Agree, it’s toxic. I don’t even think they should be playing in basketball.