2023 Bengals

Did Matt Canada take over play calling for the Bengals?

outside of a few more runs to protect Burrow, the playcalling is fine. It's just an easy scapegoat. Even the Oline is playing well enough. Burrow's just missing guys and not extending plays like he normally does. He checked down to backs on a number of plays yesterday. It's easily to think it's by design, but it's Burrow not letting plays develop. He's not playing like the Burrow we've come to know. He's not extending plays with his legs like he normally would.

That said, I will say they could scheme a couple more easy completions just to help get things moving and extend drives.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but the Bengals should have sat Burrow till he was 100% sure they would have been 0 - 2 but they are 0 - 2 by letting him play. Now the Bengals have the Rams and Aaron Donald to contend with, if Burrow can't scramble or throw deep sit him out till he is 100%. Bengals need Burrow to be 100% cause this team is not good enough to beat the Rams or almost any other NFL team without Burrow being 100%.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but the Bengals should have sat Burrow till he was 100% sure they would have been 0 - 2 but they are 0 - 2 by letting him play. Now the Bengals have the Rams and Aaron Donald to contend with, if Burrow can't scramble or throw deep sit him out till he is 100%. Bengals need Burrow to be 100% cause this team is not good enough to beat the Rams or almost any other NFL team without Burrow being 100%.

They should have signed Teddy Bridgewater the second Burrow got hurt.

Bengals Defense not on same level they have been last couple years. Burrow calf injury gonna be a talking point all season. I’d like to know what’s wrong with the Bengals Defense these last 2 weeks and see them improve quickly.

as with all 32 teams in the NFL. If you QB 1 sucks or doesn't play well the team isn't going to win many games. you can throw blame every which way you want, but if JB plays bad the bengals will struggle, even with one of the best rosters in the NFL. And, yes, according to the nfl experts their roster is elite by nfl standards.

jtk
()

Only 5 teams since 1980 have started 0 - 3 and made the playoffs making this almost a must win for the Bengals. Will this also influence the Bengals in playing Joe Burrow if he is less than 100%? Hopefully not but most likely yes.

as with all 32 teams in the NFL. If you QB 1 sucks or doesn't play well the team isn't going to win many games. you can throw blame every which way you want, but if JB plays bad the bengals will struggle, even with one of the best rosters in the NFL. And, yes, according to the nfl experts their roster is elite by nfl standards.

jtk
()
Well the browns beat the Bengals with their QB sucking. The Bengals oline is not elite better than what JB has had yes but Williams and Volson are not good at best average. Bengals offensively are Joe Burrow, some teams like Eagles, 49ers, Ravens, even Browns can run the football if the QB is struggling, the Ravens almost beat the Bengals in the playoffs with a backup QB. Robbins is dead last in punt avg. which does not help a struggling defense. Defensively the Bengals miss Vonn Bell lot more than I thought they would he was an enforcer defensively.
Edit: Bengals also miss Jessie Bates unfortunately he priced himself out of Cincy.

Last edited:
Bengals Defense not on same level they have been last couple years. Burrow calf injury gonna be a talking point all season. I’d like to know what’s wrong with the Bengals Defense these last 2 weeks and see them improve quickly.
I have faith in LA to turn the defense around, fortunately the Rams are a passing team and are not a run heavy team like browns or ravens.

Well the browns beat the Bengals with their QB sucking. The Bengals oline is not elite better than what JB has had yes but Williams and Volson are not good at best average. Bengals offensively are Joe Burrow, some teams like Eagles, 49ers, Ravens, even Browns can run the football if the QB is struggling, the Ravens almost beat the Bengals in the playoffs with a backup QB. Robbins is dead last in punt avg. which does not help a struggling defense. Defensively the Bengals miss Vonn Bell lot more than I thought they would he was an enforcer defensively.
Edit: Bengals also miss Jessie Bates unfortunately he priced himself out of Cincy.
i forgot. you know everything. if you could read, i said the nfl experts said they have an elite roster. you really should find another team to root for. better find one thats perfect though otherwise you will bitch and moan about them endlessly.

jtk
()

i forgot. you know everything. if you could read, i said the nfl experts said they have an elite roster. you really should find another team to root for. better find one thats perfect though otherwise you will bitch and moan about them endlessly.

jtk
()
No i do not know everything and people can disagree without getting personal. I am not a suck up; I state things the way I see it and I also state facts to back up my claims if you disagree so be it. Who are these NFL experts that say the Bengals have an elite roster. Is it a good roster yes but not elite esp. the Oline IMO.
Edit: The Bengals have an "elite" wr group and elite QB and Reader and Hendrickson maybe you could throw CTB and Awuzie in there before his injury. Along with Orlando Brown.

Last edited:

This isn’t meant to put down Bates, but Dax Hill has been great. Bell I’d agree with. I don’t think they ever intended to let him go.

That said, losing Bell allowed them to keep Pratt.

Only 5 teams since 1980 have started 0 - 3 and made the playoffs making this almost a must win for the Bengals. Will this also influence the Bengals in playing Joe Burrow if he is less than 100%? Hopefully not but most likely yes.
IMHO, Burrow shouldn't have played in the first two games if he wasn't 100% healthy. When will they ever learn that. At this rate now, he could 60% or more of the season.

Will Grier signed off Bengals P.S. by Patriots. Not sure why Bengals did not put Grier on the active roster in case Burrow cannot play Monday night or reinjures his calf.

That's the fear. You absolutely cannot let this turn into Rodgers and the achilles.
I would be very afraid Bengals fans. The last 3 Monday night games:
- Hamlin cardiac incident
- Rodgers achilles
- Chubb knee

So this Monday's curse figures to affect either Burrow, Chase or Aaron Donaldson.