2023-2024 General Discussion

Stirred and Bakin’ is gonna wake up tomorrow and tie himself into a pretzel trying to rationalize why the Big East has more Sweet 16 teams than his beloved Big Ten.

Here’s guessing he ignores this fact and goes back to acting like he cares about the NIT and every Big Ten transfer-portal entry that happens to have height.
There’s nothing to rationalize. UConn, Creighton and Marquette have been highly ranked all year. Purdue and Illinois have been the top two teams in the B1G all year. A level above the rest. I would say the schools from each league that were Sweet 16 capable have all made it.

There’s nothing to rationalize. UConn, Creighton and Marquette have been highly ranked all year. Purdue and Illinois have been the top two teams in the B1G all year. A level above the rest. I would say the schools from each league that were Sweet 16 capable have all made it.
Stirred and Very Shaken claims the Big East is a mid-major conference and that Marquette and Creighton would not have made the tournament had they played in the Big Ten and Big 12, respectively.

Duquesne and Keith Dambrot knock off BYU from the best league in the nation. LeBron is probably happy.
Ok, I'm sure someone on here can clue me in, Dru Joyce Sr. was LeBron's coach that I remember, where was Dambrot in the conversation? Was he coach at SVSV before LeBron's senior year?

Tonight's games not even on CBS, NC game on TBS. This morning the lead news on ESPN Sportscenter was a Formula 1 race. Has college bball dropped that far in popularity.
Well, F1 is very worthwhile and ESPN televises. Plus this tourney has really lacked excitement minus maybe a handful of games so far

Stirred and Very Shaken claims the Big East is a mid-major conference and that Marquette and Creighton would not have made the tournament had they played in the Big Ten and Big 12, respectively.
Couldn't let it go after all could you. NCAA tourney is about getting a high seed and hoping for some upsets. Less you are NC, Duke, Purdue, Illiini a few others. 5 teams that use to be reg., almost every year NCAA teams that left the Big East (UC, Syracuse, W,W., B.C., and Pitt.), I know all of a sudden all of them just have bad coaches what a coincidence rarely make the tourney. I have no doubt the same would happen to Creighton and Marquette if they were to join a P5 conference (not happening of course). I present an opinion that is based on factual history you just opinion and you have to get petty because you have no facts to counter with.

Edit: If Marquette and Creighton been in a P5 conference they would not have had as good of record. They are no Seton Halls, Providences, St, Johns, etc., etc. in the BIG except TTUN.

Last edited:
Couldn't let it go after all could you. NCAA tourney is about getting a high seed and hoping for some upsets. Less you are NC, Duke, Purdue, Illiini a few others. 5 teams that use to be reg., almost every year NCAA teams that left the Big East (UC, Syracuse, W,W., B.C., and Pitt.), I know all of a sudden all of them just have bad coaches what a coincidence rarely make the tourney. I have no doubt the same would happen to Creighton and Marquette if they were to join a P5 conference (not happening of course). I present an opinion that is based on factual history you just opinion and you have to get petty because you have no facts to counter with.
I countered with a Palm Sunday gospel amount of facts that you have yet to acknowledge or provide any rebuttal for.

I countered with a Palm Sunday gospel amount of facts that you have yet to acknowledge or provide any rebuttal for.
Creighton plays 7 players really think they are going to keep all 7 healthy playing in a P5 conference? Can say what you want about the BIG but it is physical, and you are likely going to have some players (Blue Jays) missing some playing time if they (Creighton) were in the BIG.

Last edited:
Tonight's games not even on CBS, NC game on TBS. This morning the lead news on ESPN Sportscenter was a Formula 1 race. Has college bball dropped that far in popularity.
No. ESPN just doesn’t have the financial ties like they do F1, the women’s NCAA tourney, the SEC, etc.

The Oakland Kentucky game was the most watched first round tourney game in 5 years (or it may have been all rounds, I cannot remember).

My bracket is rough through the 1st two rounds, I picked quite a few double digits seeds to get through just so I could say I picked that! But, as does everyone, I try to make sure my bracket is strong on the back end to rise the ranks and snatch the office pool victory, and it is indeed strong with my final 4 of UConn, Arizona, Houston and Tennessee still alive. That said, it will crap the bed this Thursday and Friday.

My bracket is rough through the 1st two rounds, I picked quite a few double digits seeds to get through just so I could say I picked that! But, as does everyone, I try to make sure my bracket is strong on the back end to rise the ranks and snatch the office pool victory, and it is indeed strong with my final 4 of UConn, Arizona, Houston and Tennessee still alive. That said, it will crap the bed this Thursday and Friday.
Same, mine was terrible early on, but looks good right now to try to stack up 2nd weekend points. But, downside is I think these regionalsshould be very tight, which is great for watching, but could throw away that money

Barring a surge of upsets tonight, the Sweet 16 is looking really, really, really good.
It's a solid Sweet Sixteen. The best teams mostly survived. 12 of the top 16 seeds are still alive, including all the #1's and #2's. Unfortunately that leaves no Cinderellas, unless you count NC State or even San Diego St. (even though they are a #5 seed).

Too bad my Dayton Flyers flamed out, but realistically I was hoping for at least a first round win, which they accomplished. Now I have to pick a team to root for. Definitely not UConn. Probably Purdue.

Kelsey appears to be finalizing a deal to be the next coach at Louisville.
Aw, the Elder fans have something to talk about again. Wonder what Kyle Rudolph ate for breakfast?

How long before the Elder official twitter page congratulates him? I bet they can't wait to showcase one of the only two people they ever celebrate.

Wow! That is unexpected
Kind of seems like they had a very messy hiring process with offers falling through, candidates pulling themselves out or being rejected by boosters, etc.

No idea where he would have ultimately been at in the pecking order, but I have little doubt that if he is indeed getting it it will be due to being persistent and making it clear he'd crawl to Louisville over broken glass for it.

Richard Pitino (yes, junior) had seemed to emerge as a serious candidate over the last day or so. Guessing the boosters there said um, no, and Kelsey started becoming a lot more palatable.

I'd say it's fairly clear to me that Dusty May probably did pretty much have his choice between Michigan, Ohio State, and Louisville.

The number of open jobs really does seem to outpace the available "big name" hires available or poachable.

If IU actually moved on from Woodson, the Indiana State coach (Josh Schertz) probably would be the best available. And it seems like he's likely either headed to St. Louis or standing pat at Indiana State.

Starting to get a lot of down the line ripple effect in coaching changes.

Southern Illinois hires Wright State's Scott Nagy to replace their fired coach...who's joining Chris Holtmann's staff at DePaul. Wright State already promoted internally.

Danny Sprinkle leaves Utah State for Washington. Utah State seems poised to hire a MAC guy (Kowalczyk or Simon). Bowling Green job is kind of meh. Toledo job if it becomes available IMO would be a very good upper-end 1 bid league job that a lot of low-major head coaches and P5 assistants should be interested in.

I didn’t realize Clemson was so big and skilled. They have 3 guys that are 6’10 who can all shoot from 3 and aren’t stiffs. Also have Ian Schieffelin who is 6’8 and shoots well from 3. So Clemson can get these guys but Ohio State cannot? Makes 0 sense.

I didn’t realize Clemson was so big and skilled. They have 3 guys that are 6’10 who can all shoot from 3 and aren’t stiffs. Also have Ian Schieffelin who is 6’8 and shoots well from 3. So Clemson can get these guys but Ohio State cannot? Makes 0 sense.
As a HS recruit, Bas Leyte was ranked outside the top 400 and transferred from UNCG where he averaged 5.5 ppg over 4 years and 7.9 ppg in his last year at UNCG. You’ve already said OSU should only be getting conference POY types from schools like UNCG. You would have complained if OSU signed a player of his caliber either as a HS recruit or transfer.

As a HS recruit Wiggins was ranked outside the top 180 recruits. You would have complained about OSU signing a player of his caliber as well.

PJ Hall is the only one you might not have complained about.

Arizona chokes EVERY single year. I’m an idiot for continuing to pick them to go deep.