2023-2024 General Discussion

NC State is the poster child of the NCAA tourney just get invited and anything is possible. Wolfpack only made the tourney due to winning the ACC tourney. NC State has played Texas Tech, Oakland, and Marquette not exactly a murderer's row. But were helped immensely with Oakland's upset of Kentucky. NC State had a worse ACC record than Va. Tech.

Zags try using the same game plan OSU used vs Purdue be physical with Edey and swipe at the ball. Imagine that a vet coach Few copying a rookie HC Diebler. Zags however did not carry out the game plan as well as the Buckeyes did.

Last edited:
Zags try using the same game plan OSU used vs Purdue be physical with Edey and swipe at the ball. Imagine that a vet coach Few copying a rookie HC Diebler. Zags however did not carry out the game plan as well as the Buckeyes did.
What a sophisticated concept! I’m sure only a genius would come up with trying to disrupt a great post player when he has the ball!

What a sophisticated concept! I’m sure only a genius would come up with trying to disrupt a great post player when he has the ball!
Not too many other teams figured it out or were able to carry out that game plan. I heard the announcer mention several times how OSU played Purdue not how Wisky or other schools did, why is that?

Why is Houston so good at defense? They do not get beat off of the dribble which leads to players not needing to rotate over leaving open shooters. They are also in correct defensive stances and know everything that is going on around them. Diebler should be watching and take some notes.

Duke doesn’t win if Shead doesn’t go down, but that was a huge win. Houston was the worst possible matchup for Duke.

The entire western half of the country has been eliminated from the tournament.

Big 12 being the deepest conference ended up meaning jack squat. Brad Brownell called out the Big 12’s artificially inflated NET rankings and now they’re all gone while his Clemson team continues to play.

The entire western half of the country has been eliminated from the tournament.

Big 12 being the deepest conference ended up meaning jack squat. Brad Brownell called out the Big 12’s artificially inflated NET rankings and now they’re all gone while his Clemson team continues to play.
While I agree NET rankings are garbage highly doubt Duke wins if Snead does not go down with an injury. How is the highly touted Big East (by you) doing outside of UConn.

While I agree NET rankings are garbage highly doubt Duke wins if Snead does not go down with an injury. How is the highly touted Big East (by you) doing outside of UConn.
Awful shooting night by Marquette tonight (4 for 31 from 3), but otherwise the Big East has done fine.

Houston is what UC was under Huggins in his latter years in Clifton: a team with great athletes and a bunch of defense but not enough natural scorers.

Try to suck up with other posters a weak move but on par with you as you continually fail when debating me.
I have eviscerated you countless times. You’re too stupid to know when to give up. You thinking the Big East is a mid-major is a ridiculously dumb take that I took apart last weekend. Yet you’re too dumb to understand your embarrassing defeat.

I have eviscerated you countless times. You’re too stupid to know when to give up. You thinking the Big East is a mid-major is a ridiculously dumb take that I took apart last weekend. Yet you’re too dumb to understand your embarrassing defeat.
Keep calling names because you are not capable of debating. Your little green men use to make the tourney on a reg. basis in the Big East now not so much being in the ACC. The Big East is UConn period.

Didn't you post this: lol, Steve Lappas definitely didn’t say that. Waiting for you to admit you were wrong, but for now I am going to bed.

Keep calling names because you are not capable of debating. Your little green men use to make the tourney on a reg. basis in the Big East now not so much being in the ACC. The Big East is UConn period.

Didn't you post this: lol, Steve Lappas definitely didn’t say that. Waiting for you to admit you were wrong, but for now I am going to bed.
Their best tournament runs came as an ACC member. Made the tourney a lot in the Big East because Brey was in his prime and they were forced to get better to deal with being in a tough conference.

Show me a clip of Steve Lappas saying the Big East isn’t physical.

big east is mid major? who really said that? lol no way someone is that dumb.

i finally watched a Duke game where they didn't get bullied. TBH, i thought houston would bully them and their whiny coach would get all the calls. fortunately, the game was called pretty well compared to other games this postseason. this is the toughest i've seen them play in quite some time.

jtk
()

Houston plays great defense but has no scorers and no LENGTH. It’s surprising they think they can win a title with a multitude of guards under 6’2 and no big man over 6’8 unless Ralph Sampson can’t recruit those guys there which would be hard to believe.

I think they are the only team who’s had success the last few years with a munchkin roster.

I didn't think too much of it other than the irony of some conversation here, but during one of the brief stretches that I watched Tennessee/Creighton while Duke/Houston was still on there was a spurt where Lappas did in fact say "finesse" multiple times to describe Creighton and the Big East and that Tennessee was a "more physical" team. Perhaps said that the SEC was a "more physical" league.

Post game for some dumb reason he's responded a bunch to a few people that were unhappy with his assessment of finesse and tough.

Last edited:
Really weird comments in a homerish manner that I'd expect more from say a Tennessee athletics radio broadcast partner.

He pretty much called Tennessee a tough team and Creighton a soft team, and that his perceived difference in physicality was why Tennessee started to pull away for a stretch in the 2nd half.

Really weird comments in a homerish manner that I'd expect more from say a Tennessee athletics radio broadcast partner.

He pretty much called Tennessee a tough team and Creighton a soft team, and that his perceived difference in physicality was why Tennessee started to pull away for a stretch in the 2nd half.
And the stats don’t bear out his claim. Tennessee played very solid defense during the 18-0 run that turned the game in their favor, yes. But overall, points in the paint were even, rebounding was even, fouls were basically even. Tennessee’s one clear edge was fast-break points. Creighton still shot pretty well overall except Trey Alexander had an off night.

And the stats don’t bear out his claim. Tennessee played very solid defense during the 18-0 run that turned the game in their favor, yes. But overall, points in the paint were even, rebounding was even, fouls were basically even. Tennessee’s one clear edge was fast-break points. Creighton still shot pretty well overall except Trey Alexander had an off night.
But did he make that claim and you posted no way he said that. I really like the LOL part.
lol, Steve Lappas definitely didn’t say that.

Tonight's games are on TBS, half of American households likely don't even have TBS. No wonder viewership for college bball is declining.
Beyond ridiculous, I wanted to watch the games tonight in the nice weather on my back patio with my satellite receiver but that’s out the door literally now.