2022 WOAC

Don't forget about Ansonia! They have a lot returning and should be right in the mix for the next couple of years.
they will be #4 this year.. top if the league looks really solid. after this year, i think Ansonia could be a yearly contender to win.

Im thinking some WOAC MAC matchups? Maybe Bradford Versailles (Battle of Stillwater)? Ansonia St. Henry (Battle of Eldora)? Tri-Village Fort Recovery (Battle of Mississinawa)?

The last one you mentioned is intriguing. I’m pretty sure they play each other in every other sport.
Correct. Not sure if anyone would show up to the first 2. Maybe people would go to the St. Henry Ansonia if it was a preseason game held in the infield during the Kings Royal??

Im thinking some WOAC MAC matchups? Maybe Bradford Versailles (Battle of Stillwater)? Ansonia St. Henry (Battle of Eldora)? Tri-Village Fort Recovery (Battle of Mississinawa)?
Bradford vs Versailles: Do you want those Bradford kids to die?

Ansonia vs St Henry: Happened just this past season. St Henry won 42-9. However it'd be interesting to see them meet when St Henry is in a down year

Tri-Village vs Fort Recovery: Now that's an interesting one!

Ansonia vs St Henry: Happened just this past season. St Henry won 42-9. However it'd be interesting to see them meet when St Henry is in a down year

I would love to see the last matchup as well, I think it would be a good game for both teams.

i would like to see some of the higher end WOAC teams schedule some mid to low tier MAC teams.
I totally agree. Preble Shawnee 1st game of season after this year will be Middletown Madison (starting '23) for years to come. But I would love to see some MAC games mixed in the mix

I totally agree. Preble Shawnee 1st game of season after this year will be Middletown Madison (starting '23) for years to come. But I would love to see some MAC games mixed in the mix
being on the southern end of the league, a Dayton/Middletown area team probably makes more sense. however, i did enjoy seeing them play Versailles this year and that could be a decent game.

Ansonia vs St Henry could be a decent series, only 15 minutes apart!

which leads me to say: why not Ansonia vs Versailles? that’s a 5 minute drive.

Tri Village vs Versailles- Darke County championship?

being on the southern end of the league, a Dayton/Middletown area team probably makes more sense. however, i did enjoy seeing them play Versailles this year and that could be a decent game.

SC12: Games 1 and 2 were just offseason jokes, and then I was thinking of another one and thought TV and FR and thought damn thats actually a realistic one!

ghsknightsfan: Ansonia and SH would be a 15 year bloodbath with Ansonia maybe going 1-14 or 2-13 if not 0-15 in that series. Ansonia and Versailles are geographically close but the cultures are 1000's of miles apart. If V-town stays even remotely close to the level they have been lately Ansonia would be dumb to schedule that. TV and Versailles would be interesting but Im taking Versailles by 21

SC12: Games 1 and 2 were just offseason jokes, and then I was thinking of another one and thought TV and FR and thought damn thats actually a realistic one!

ghsknightsfan: Ansonia and SH would be a 15 year bloodbath with Ansonia maybe going 1-14 or 2-13 if not 0-15 in that series. Ansonia and Versailles are geographically close but the cultures are 1000's of miles apart. If V-town stays even remotely close to the level they have been lately Ansonia would be dumb to schedule that. TV and Versailles would be interesting but Im taking Versailles by 21
you’re probably right. i wonder if Ansonia and Versailles have ever played and if so how recently?

you’re probably right. i wonder if Ansonia and Versailles have ever played and if so how recently?
I want to say back in the day they did (70s possibly). I thought they were in the same league at some point.

Edit: From 1950-73, Versailles was a CCC member. I have no idea if either school has program info online, but I’d assume they played in the early 70s

Has Dixie found a new coach yet? Looking on the IUDogs thread, I thought they had, but that was Dixie Heights in Kentucky.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in. Seems like regardless of who the head coach has been in recent past, they've ran very similar offensive and defensive schemes.

Has Dixie found a new coach yet? Looking on the IUDogs thread, I thought they had, but that was Dixie Heights in Kentucky.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in. Seems like regardless of who the head coach has been in recent past, they've ran very similar offensive and defensive schemes.
The same coach switched from spread with scrum to triple option then back to spread in a 4 year period.

Any other WOAC schools looking for a Football coach? Just Dixie and TV?

Any schools looking to add soccer? FM usually have a team but last year did not

Any other WOAC schools looking for a Football coach? Just Dixie and TV?

Any schools looking to add soccer? FM usually have a team but last year did not
I don't know of any others. I'm not surprised that Dixie's coach decided to step down. Last year was the year that Dixie was supposed to be good. A lot of the kids had been playing Varsity for 4 years, and they had a solid group of Seniors. I'm sure Dixie will find a solid coach, but they will have some work to do to get things going.

I do know they have played at least once and I am sure probably more. In 1981 when I was a freshman at Edgewood they played with Versailles annihilating Ansonia 63-0. The very next week or a couple weeks after that we made the trip up to Versailles winning 14-11 which to this day is the only time Edgewood and Versailles have ever played in football ?. Versailles was good then but it wasn’t until a few years later that they started their run in the playoffs as they would start expanding to allow more teams in. I believe that was the year before Hoening took over at Ansonia. I am sure they’ve played other times but none in recent years.

Tri Village vs Milton Union, Versailles vs Milton Union,

Tri Village vs Milton Union, Versailles vs Milton Union,
would like to see Milton schedule some schools out in CBC/OHC land. the Northwestern game they had was great. would like to see them play Graham, Greenon, Tecumseh, Shawnee, Kenton Ridge, and even Greeneview

would like to see Milton schedule some schools out in CBC/OHC land. the Northwestern game they had was great. would like to see them play Graham, Greenon, Tecumseh, Shawnee, Kenton Ridge, and even Greeneview
Tecumseh should be on the schedule. Tipp was taken off due to the disparity in size, but Tecumseh isn't Tipp. Milton has played all of those schools except Shawnee at one time or another. Greenon was on the schedule my junior year (1981) and we beat them. Graham used to be a league foe, Greeneview was a playoff opponent, lost to them by 1.
For some reason, and I don't pretend to know why, Milton has always been sort-of limited as to who they will play. I know why Valley View and Oakwood are on the slate. With this new conference I fully expect a third SWBL school to be added. They just don't have the relationships to garner any interest outside of the SWBL.
It's been like that for years. Northwestern was, to me, not a great game. My opinion, and dograt knows, is we need to really go after a MAC school, a OHC school and then keep Valley View. Brookville is another interesting add. National Trail, Oakwood, Northwestern, etc are all boring and elicit no real excitement.
In 1990's Milton was playing Northmont, Butler and Greenville as ooc games. They had success beating all three. Not realistic for 2022, but it was exciting. Imagine MU knocking off those three next year when we will be loaded up. Northmont would be very interesting. Butler and Greenville would be wins for sure.

Tecumseh should be on the schedule. Tipp was taken off due to the disparity in size, but Tecumseh isn't Tipp. Milton has played all of those schools except Shawnee at one time or another. Greenon was on the schedule my junior year (1981) and we beat them. Graham used to be a league foe, Greeneview was a playoff opponent, lost to them by 1.
For some reason, and I don't pretend to know why, Milton has always been sort-of limited as to who they will play. I know why Valley View and Oakwood are on the slate. With this new conference I fully expect a third SWBL school to be added. They just don't have the relationships to garner any interest outside of the SWBL.
It's been like that for years. Northwestern was, to me, not a great game. My opinion, and dograt knows, is we need to really go after a MAC school, a OHC school and then keep Valley View. Brookville is another interesting add. National Trail, Oakwood, Northwestern, etc are all boring and elicit no real excitement.
In 1990's Milton was playing Northmont, Butler and Greenville as ooc games. They had success beating all three. Not realistic for 2022, but it was exciting. Imagine MU knocking off those three next year when we will be loaded up. Northmont would be very interesting. Butler and Greenville would be wins for sure.
I'd love to see Versailles drop Celina and play Milton week 1.

I'd love to see Versailles drop Celina and play Milton week 1.
Yeah, this matchup may have been marquee back in Celina’s prime (I’m thinking mid 90s), but it’s not anymore.

Versailles-St. Marys or Wapak or maybe OG would be much better matchups. It seems like the 3 I listed from the WBL have been inconsistent in Week 1 opponents in the last few seasons.

Tri Village vs MU would be good next year.
Two best programs in Darke County are Versailles and TV. Imagine that