2022 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Amazing how a cheater can drum up conversation. This team beat Holy Name last year. Otherwise there were 0 impressive wins and a lob sided playoff loss.
Why the hype?

Badin and Hartley games will be at Case Western Reserve.
Wheeling Park game will be at John Carroll.
Ursuline game will be at Baldwin-Wallace.

CCC, Hartley and Lake Catholic will be Saturday games.

The program was in the rough shape prior to his arrival. Now it is not. I'll also mark beating D4 runner up Ursuline on the road by 3 scores as an impressive win.
The same Ursuline team that gave up a 22 straight points in the last 15 minutes to a team that completed ONE pass during the entire game?

I know Ursuline was really good last year, but, frankly, their luster is significantly tarnished after what Massie did to them. Realize that might not fit your storyline so feel free to ignore.

The same Ursuline team that gave up a 22 straight points in the last 15 minutes to a team that completed ONE pass during the entire game?

I know Ursuline was really good last year, but, frankly, their luster is significantly tarnished after what Massie did to them. Realize that might not fit your storyline so feel free to ignore.
Sour grapes. Poor take.
Better Call Saul Insult GIF
Feel free to ignore the stupidity of this .

Sour grapes. Poor take.
Better Call Saul Insult GIF
Feel free to ignore the stupidity of this .
Yeah, I kinda figured that wouldn't go over well on here. Wouldn't fit the narrative.

Frankly, Ursuline had a crazy season with their defensive issues, unbelievable losses (to VASJ & by 35 to St V) but did make the title game so you would have to call them successful. And of course we all know with VASJ's recent history they'd be willing to sell off body parts to have a season like that.

Face reality you fool. JOES is flourishing and the Reich is floundering into liquidation.
I think you are confused? JOES closed it‘s doors in 1989. JOES is definitely not flourishing anytime soon. You must be confused once again.

Now, I did hear there was a car wash fundraiser yesterday for the Villa Angela-JOES football team, so I don’t think flourishing would be a good word to use.

Face reality you fool. Villa Angela-JOES still has no air conditioning and has 3 different home fields. I would hardly call that flourishing.

Been busy a lot but I haven’t heard much about the roster and key players.

I know the 3 stadium rotation is not ideal… I’m not to fond of it. In fact I hate it… DiSanto is not big enough to house games, JCU is logical, BW seriously? We’re an east side school, I’m sure you could make something work closer to the school… But that’s the reality of the current situation. It’s also telling when you originally joined a conference just to get the boot a year later.

Enrollment is growing but can confirm a lot of unhappiness with the current situation of transfers coming in and does not fit the reputation the school has tried to build and repair back up. Don’t be surprised to see JR not lasting past 2022 if he is busted again. Trust me, us as an alumni base want to win but we want to win the right way. Grant it, these are still kids, and still deserve all the support to represent the school. I guess this is what you get in desperation due to having mediocre teams since the turn of the 21st Century. Last time getting past the quarter finals was in 2003 where the Vikings “Miracle on 185th Street” team fell to Versailles in the title game.

This schedule is tough and should prep the Vikings for a daunting region going up against D-3 Runner Up Badin, D-IV Runner Up Ursuline, a tough Wheeling Park squad from WV, D-IV contender Bishop Hartley, Wooster and LC. I’m excited to see how they match up, and hope there is improvement in the trenches and play. I believe Sophmore RB Bo Jackson, a Ohio State recruit will be the lead HB coming into the season. We’ll see how they perform, Week 1 is rapidly approaching.

The building should see significant renovations over the next couple of summers with the biggest one of the implementation of a new HVAC system and removing the boilers. New STEM Lab’s, updated classrooms, furniture, flooring, windows etc… An atrium will be built in the back. And the Interior will look brand new which will help the school continue on for years to come, thanks to the Keeping our Promise campaign. Here are some renderings of the renovations to take place.

1659300718144.png

1659300732682.png

158683---Scholar-Craft---COVID-19-Classroom-View001.png

Last edited:

I know the 3 stadium rotation is not ideal… I’m not to fond of it. In fact I hate it… DiSanto is not big enough to house games, JCU is logical, BW seriously? We’re an east side school, I’m sure you could make something work closer to the school… But that’s the reality of the current situation. It’s also telling when you originally joined a conference just to her

Enrollment is growing but can confirm a lot of unhappiness with the current situation of transfers coming in and does not fit the reputation the school has tried to build and repair back up. Don’t be surprised to see JR not lasting past 2022 if he is busted again. Trust me, us as an alumni base want to win but we want to win the right way. Grant it, these are still kids, and still deserve all the support to represent the school. I guess this is what you get in desperation due to having mediocre teams since the turn of the 21st Century. Last time getting past the quarter finals was in 2003 where the Vikings “Miracle on 185th Street” team fell to Versailles in the title game.

This schedule is tough and should prep the Vikings for a daunting region going up against D-3 Runner Up Badin, D-IV Runner Up Ursuline, a tough Wheeling Park squad from WV, D-IV contender Bishop Hartley, Wooster and LC. I’m excited to see how they match up, and hope there is improvement in the trenches and play. I believe Sophmore RB Bo Jackson, a Ohio State recruit will be the lead HB coming into the season. We’ll see how they perform, Week 1 is rapidly approaching.

The building should see significant renovations over the next couple of summers with the biggest one of the implementation of a new HVAC system and removing the boilers. New STEM Lab’s, updated classrooms, furniture, flooring, windows etc… An atrium will be built in the back. And the Interior will look brand new which will help the school continue on for years to come, thanks to the Keeping our Promise campaign. Here are some .

View attachment 32089
View attachment 32090

Here is the info about the campaign. https://d2y1pz2y630308.cloudfront.net/18113/documents/2021/5/VASJ KOP Magazine_WEB.pdf

Was there ever any attempt to get a regular-season rematch between St. Joe's and Glenville? That would've been a good game. Just curious

I know the 3 stadium rotation is not ideal… I’m not to fond of it. In fact I hate it… DiSanto is not big enough to house games, JCU is logical, BW seriously? We’re an east side school, I’m sure you could make something work closer to the school… But that’s the reality of the current situation. It’s also telling when you originally joined a conference just to her

The building should see significant renovations over the next couple of summers with the biggest one of the implementation of a new HVAC system and removing the boilers. New STEM Lab’s, updated classrooms, furniture, flooring, windows etc… An atrium will be built in the back. And the Interior will look brand new which will help the school continue on for years to come, thanks to the Keeping our Promise campaign. Here are some .

View attachment 32089
View attachment 32090

The school is right up against the lake...correct? With their history in football, I wonder why they never were able to get a parcel of land to build a stadium. Wasnt there a elementary school that was vacated nearby? Like on 185th?

The school is right up against the lake...correct? With their history in football, I wonder why they never were able to get a parcel of land to build a stadium. Wasnt there a elementary school that was vacated nearby? Like on 185th?
Yes the school is at the corner of 185th and Lakeshore. There was/is a grade school down the street, OH Perry. They tore down the original school and rebuilt on the same site. The parcel of land next to the school where the old Sanitarium sat is now owned by Hospice of the Western Reserve. It would make sense to build a field there but a lot of negotiating and $$$ would need to be involved.

I think you are confused? JOES closed it‘s doors in 1989. JOES is definitely not flourishing anytime soon. You must be confused once again.

Now, I did hear there was a car wash fundraiser yesterday for the Villa Angela-JOES football team, so I don’t think flourishing would be a good word to use.

Face reality you fool. Villa Angela-JOES still has no air conditioning and has 3 different home fields. I would hardly call that flourishing.
Did someone touch you in places you don't like? WTF are you hanging out over here for? Don't you have anything to discuss over on RT. 306? Since it's a wealth of riches over there. And bring Fbrox with you. Exchange recipes over a fruity ice drink or give your tag team partner a bro hug.
Pro Wrestling Hug GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

View attachment 32089
View attachment 32090

Good to see you back C’Town with some substance on this thread. And it looks like the future is bright in the Village!

Interesting take here C’Town. As you probably have seen, nothing has changed here on this thread. It’s interesting reading your post today and how people inside the building is feeling about the current situation. If you read the posts since you’ve been gone, it’s quite obvious viking4life and james are clueless about what really is going on there. Just a matter of time until he responds with his usual rant and start bashing you like he did mcgarry72 on the previous page.

I mean, I don’t have too much inside info anymore like I used to a couple of years ago but still now people within. Grant it, I graduated 10 years ago next year, 95% of my teachers are no longer there, either going elsewhere, retiring, or leaving teaching all together. Grant it, I was willing to give it a chance but I hate to say it, it’s becoming an inconvenience of being evicted from the Crown and a stadium that you’ve called home since the school opened… I have my opinions and I’m more reserved about them but I get the banter, trolling, is a part of Yappi, but at the same time, prospective students/families will be turned off by the BS that has spewed with some transfers not meshing well with other students basically turning the school to St. Euclid lol.

As I’ve said in the past, I’m there to support the kids and the name on the front of the jersey, I want to hold everyone that represents the school, as would everyone else with their respective school, to the highest standard and be a great role model for some of the younger eyes and prospective students considering the school

Mainly my hope is the BS is washed away with some of the new administrators. I heard good things about the principal that replaced Csank last year, the current president was at St.V’s for a while I believe. And I’ve heard good things about the admissions director coming in.

With hoops, I knew if they had to move on with Kwasniak, I’m glad they hired Ward. There’s still a lot of work to do but I’m hopeful for the schools continued success in the near future

Last edited:

JOES enrollment continues to increase. That is called thriving. Meanwhile, 3rd Reich Catholic's enrollment continues to decrease. The closing of The Reich is imminent.

A car wash is meant for a few reasons. Kids need to learn that you do not get something for nothing. At the Reich, they snub their noses at such requests. You put the whole shoe store in your mouth with that comment.

JOES enrollment continues to increase. That is called thriving. Meanwhile, 3rd Reich Catholic's enrollment continues to decrease. The closing of The Reich is imminent.

A car wash is meant for a few reasons. Kids need to learn that you do not get something for nothing. At the Reich, they snub their noses at such requests. You put the whole shoe store in your mouth with that comment.
Did you read C’Town’s post on WHY your enrollment continues to increase? It has nothing to do with “thriving.” LC enrollment continues to decrease? Wrong as usual as there is 31 more students than last year. Your usual same old BS gets old. You still can’t stop even when your OWN put you in your place with the nonsense you spew here day in and day out. That’s why you didn’t respond to C’Town’s post about all the good things currently happening at “JOES.” Nothing you have contributed here to this thread is fact. You and your sidekick are an embarrassment to the entire “JOES” community.

How refreshing it is to have C’Town back here representing the VASJ faithful. Hopefully you don’t chase him away like you did the other VASJ supporters on here.

JUST WIN BABY

Did you read C’Town’s post on WHY your enrollment continues to increase? It has nothing to do with “thriving.” LC enrollment continues to decrease? Wrong as usual as there is 31 more students than last year. Your usual same old BS gets old. You still can’t stop even when your OWN put you in your place with the nonsense you spew here day in and day out. That’s why you didn’t respond to C’Town’s post about all the good things currently happening at “JOES.” Nothing you have contributed here to this thread is fact. You and your sidekick are an embarrassment to the entire “JOES” community.

How refreshing it is to have C’Town back here representing the VASJ faithful. Hopefully you don’t chase him away like you did the other VASJ supporters on here.

JUST WIN BABY
C'Town is a good guy that gave plenty of his time to JOES sports. BRAVO to him. I have mucho RESPECT for him. C's post about the happenings at JOES is many months old news.
What is more recent news is your lacrosse team at 3rd Reich Catholic. Do you want to discuss that or are you just hoping that another, typical Reich incident goes away? I am almost sorry that your school is closing.

C'Town is a good guy that gave plenty of his time to JOES sports. BRAVO to him. I have mucho RESPECT for him. C's post about the happenings at JOES is many months old news.
What is more recent news is your lacrosse team at 3rd Reich Catholic. Do you want to discuss that or are you just hoping that another, typical Reich incident goes away? I am almost sorry that your school is closing.
Whatever you’re trying to accomplish here clown show, you’re failing miserably. Very similar to the history of the VASJ football program.

JUST WIN BABY

Please take your childish antics elsewhere. You are embarrassing yourself.

Good luck to both the Cougars and the Vikings.

Back to the topic - does anyone have the Vikings' scrimmage schedule?

Anyone know how the team is looking overall? I don’t expect them to get out of this gauntlet of a Region but hopefully they are competitive.

Plenty of size on OL and DL. Sophomore QB (Steuball 6'2" 220lbs) from last seasons FR/JV team battling with QB from Eds. Plenty of speed and depth at RB. There will be more to come this weekend.
Figure Ty Hill’s brother, Bo Jackson will be getting plenty of touches at RB. Looking forward to seeing him run the ball. Hopefully will see an improvement with the line play and QB play. You can only do so much with a running QB who will sometimes Chuck it down field like we saw against Glenville which was non existent