2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

what does milton have to do to prove to d4 fan that they are worthy
The loss to Oakwood last year did not help overall optimism in Milton being at that next (exceptional) level. Win the region and I will be on board.

As a CCC fan 0-12 Covington vs the MAC always let the conference down.

So, knock off Greenview, Northeastern and Valley View and I will say, " these guys are good enough to win the title".

Of all the teams in the region, really only Valley View concerns me as a probable threat, and should be a good game if it happens that could go either way. Milton is probably 2-3 touchdowns better than Northeastern and Wayne Trace, and 1-2 better than Greenview. That's a lot of compliments coming from a guy who is hard to impress. Some of us just hold stubbornly to God, our Bibles, guns and who we think is the best local D5 team. Give me a reason to look silly and I may be forced to change my mind.

The loss to Oakwood last year did not help overall optimism in Milton being at that next (exceptional) level. Win the region and I will be on board.

As a CCC fan 0-12 Covington vs the MAC always let the conference down.

So, knock off Greenview, Northeastern and Valley View and I will say, " these guys are good enough to win the title".

Of all the teams in the region, really only Valley View concerns me as a probable threat, and should be a good game if it happens that could go either way. Milton is probably 2-3 touchdowns better than Northeastern and Wayne Trace, and 1-2 better than Greenview. That's a lot of compliments coming from a guy who is hard to impress. Some of us just hold stubbornly to God, our Bibles, guns and who we think is the best local D5 team. Give me a reason to look silly and I may be forced to change my mind.
that’s fair. but i will say the oakwood loss was lead by a different group of leaders, we are very locked in. idk time will tell and vv very well could beat us but i’m just not understanding why vv is the favorite in peoples eyes

Based solely on schedule. That’s it. Head to head we beat them, soundly. Whatever.

Simple answer is yes. MU played 3 teams that made the playoffs and, let's face it, two of them aren't really playoff caliber teams. Most of MU schedule was teams their size or smaller. Now, the Bulldogs can't control how bad their league was. VV played 7 teams that made the playoffs. Several were definitely playoff caliber teams. VV also played larger schools and pulled out the wins. I think people think VV is the favorite because MU hasn't really been in any close games. How will they respond if they get behind by a touchdown late or get behind by a couple of scores early. Nobody knows those answers.

Simple answer is yes. MU played 3 teams that made the playoffs and, let's face it, two of them aren't really playoff caliber teams. Most of MU schedule was teams their size or smaller. Now, the Bulldogs can't control how bad their league was. VV played 7 teams that made the playoffs. Several were definitely playoff caliber teams. VV also played larger schools and pulled out the wins. I think people think VV is the favorite because MU hasn't really been in any close games. How will they respond if they get behind by a touchdown late or get behind by a couple of scores early. Nobody knows those answers.
I come at it more strictly from the "competition matters" point of view. It matters in so many ways. Physically, mentally and most of all from a iron sharpening iron point of view. My question is how much better would any team be playing a tough schedule half of their games vs just one challenge? Playing the Valley View schedule has to make them better going into the post season. Enough better to truly be better than Milton? We most likely will find out.

I come at it more strictly from the "competition matters" point of view. It matters in so many ways. Physically, mentally and most of all from a iron sharpening iron point of view. My question is how much better would any team be playing a tough schedule half of their games vs just one challenge? Playing the Valley View schedule has to make them better going into the post season. Enough better to truly be better than Milton? We most likely will find out.
I can say that injuries have not been an issue for MU this year. They have "created" competition vs inferior opposition. I harken back to Clinton Massie as an example of a team playing inferior opposition and winning state titles. For them, the boys were hungry for competition and invited it.. MU was hungry Friday night and proved that they were a very good team. Riverside is a good team and well-coached. MU overwhelmed them. 51-7 vs. the best offense, QB, WR, RB in the league.
I think MU has improved this year by challenging themselves to score a certain amount by halftime. They did it 100% of the time. These scores could have been anything Milton wanted. I do not think that Valley View played a single team that Milton couldn't have beaten. Bellbrook included. I guess we will see and if Milton fails, then I'll eat that crow and root for Valley View to win it all. I believe that R20 is much, much stronger than most think it is.
Greeneview, Northeastern, Zane, MU, VV are all very good teams. You won't have to come on here and prompt my admitting MU failed if they lose.

I can say that injuries have not been an issue for MU this year. They have "created" competition vs inferior opposition. I harken back to Clinton Massie as an example of a team playing inferior opposition and winning state titles. For them, the boys were hungry for competition and invited it.. MU was hungry Friday night and proved that they were a very good team. Riverside is a good team and well-coached. MU overwhelmed them. 51-7 vs. the best offense, QB, WR, RB in the league.
I think MU has improved this year by challenging themselves to score a certain amount by halftime. They did it 100% of the time. These scores could have been anything Milton wanted. I do not think that Valley View played a single team that Milton couldn't have beaten. Bellbrook included. I guess we will see and if Milton fails, then I'll eat that crow and root for Valley View to win it all. I believe that R20 is much, much stronger than most think it is.
Greeneview, Northeastern, Zane, MU, VV are all very good teams. You won't have to come on here and prompt my admitting MU failed if they lose.
I don't know if it's failure if MU loses to NE, VV, Greeneview or ZT. Those are all quality football teams. This region is tough and the winner will have won 2-3 really tough games. Everyone can make an argument for who the favorite is but realistically I can see any of the top 5-6 teams in this region winning it. I understand expectations but I don't think there is any shame in losing to any of these top teams.

BEA- I agree with all of your post about region 20. However I disagree with the reference to CM playing inferior competition and winning state titles. Have you looked at their non-conference games the past 7-8 years? It seems they seek competition that many think is out of their reach and make a game of it if they don't win, that is what prepared them for state titles not inferior competition.

I do wish the region 20 bracket would have balanced a bit more because if we are talking about Blanchester being any competition for VV then they will certainly have a cake walk. If your MU Bulldogs can win their side of the bracket hopefully they are healthy & rested for a VV team that will have practice games up to that point and it is very hard to beat a good team twice... Good luck Bulldogs!

I will say this. People didn't think VV could win state titles in the 90's because of their schedule but they proved them wrong. The question I'm wondering is MU that much better then heir league or iOS the league that bad. I do hope to see a VV~MU regional final.

I will say this. People didn't think VV could win state titles in the 90's because of their schedule but they proved them wrong. The question I'm wondering is MU that much better then heir league or iOS the league that bad. I do hope to see a VV~MU regional final.
i think you will (i hope so)

Both. But I like to look at the whole work as well. This same team was 10-2 last year and returned 99% of the starters. They came out and beat up a decent National Trail team and then traveled to Germantown and beat a good Valley View team. They ran rough-shod through everyone they were put up against and finished 10-0. Now, for some reason, that team is being trivialized. If roles were reversed, Valley View posters would be 1000% confident in their team to win a rematch. I’m telling you that this is a really, really talented team and they have gotten better each week. Let the field do the talking. MU and VV have to win out to meet up.

I’m a Riverside Pirate fan. Was able to watch the Pirates take on Northeastern and Milton Union this year. To me, MU is 2-3 TDs better than Northeastern. MU is a better team, and they have an advantage in coaching. NE does have some nice athletes and fly around, but back in week 2 they seemed a bit undisciplined. Not sure how they developed as the year went on, based on scores against OHC teams, they were always in close games at half and then pulled away. So to me, MU will make it to the regional, against a team they beat on the road back in week 2. I’ll take the Bulldogs in a great regional final game!

Both. But I like to look at the whole work as well. This same team was 10-2 last year and returned 99% of the starters. They came out and beat up a decent National Trail team and then traveled to Germantown and beat a good Valley View team. They ran rough-shod through everyone they were put up against and finished 10-0. Now, for some reason, that team is being trivialized. If roles were reversed, Valley View posters would be 1000% confident in their team to win a rematch. I’m telling you that this is a really, really talented team and they have gotten better each week. Let the field do the talking. MU and VV have to win out to meet up.

Of course VV fans will be 100% positive they could win in a rematch just as MU fans should be. You say MU has gotten better every week but with that level of competition how can you tell? VV went 5-6 last year but a new head coach and a lot of assistant that didn't coach last year has made a difference. I hope they both make the regional finals. If MU wins, I'll be on here to congratulate them, wish them luck and say they are the better team this year. Hopefully we find out in a few weeks.

BEA- I agree with all of your post about region 20. However I disagree with the reference to CM playing inferior competition and winning state titles. Have you looked at their non-conference games the past 7-8 years? It seems they seek competition that many think is out of their reach and make a game of it if they don't win, that is what prepared them for state titles not inferior competition.

I do wish the region 20 bracket would have balanced a bit more because if we are talking about Blanchester being any competition for VV then they will certainly have a cake walk. If your MU Bulldogs can win their side of the bracket hopefully they are healthy & rested for a VV team that will have practice games up to that point and it is very hard to beat a good team twice... Good luck Bulldogs!
I think BEA is referencing even prior to that. Clinton Massie (maybe 10-15 years ago) used to play in a weaker league and not have the OOC schedule. I remember for years that was the talk of the playoffs. CM and their "weak" schedule. That was all until they won that first state championship. Once that happened, those remarks subsided. Over time, CM has grown their schedule into one of the best OOC schedules of any school in DIV. But there was a time when that wasn't the case.

I’m a Riverside Pirate fan. Was able to watch the Pirates take on Northeastern and Milton Union this year. To me, MU is 2-3 TDs better than Northeastern. MU is a better team, and they have an advantage in coaching. NE does have some nice athletes and fly around, but back in week 2 they seemed a bit undisciplined. Not sure how they developed as the year went on, based on scores against OHC teams, they were always in close games at half and then pulled away. So to me, MU will make it to the regional, against a team they beat on the road back in week 2. I’ll take the Bulldogs in a great regional final game!
I know this is often taken the wrong way in the R20 thread, but this is my general opinion as well. I think the region is filled with very good football teams, especially the Top 7 or so. But I do still view MU, and even VV, as the class of the region. No disrespect to any of those other teams, just more respect for MU and even VV.

What’s classy about throwing two Hail Marys with 3 minutes left and a running clock?
Well you must be new to Lehman games. The years they were good they would onside kick up 30 in the third and fourth quarter. Hail Mary's with the starters against teams they were up 30+ on was a common occurrence.
Eventually the tide turns and everyone that has ever played Lehman and had those things done to them as a school will likely take their chances to exact some revenge.

First off it was 1 deep pass (Hail Mary when you try to win on the last play) 2nd the 1st team guys were all still playing. Sorry, we should have put in our backups so your varsity guys can run a trick play and score on them…. Oh wait… you did that last time…

Or how about scoring 67 freaking point on Covington, I team with 2 seniors and 19 players overall. Lehman has never missed a chance to run up the score on anyone, they just get mad when they get a taste of their own medicine.

Well you must be new to Lehman games. The years they were good they would onside kick up 30 in the third and fourth quarter. Hail Mary's with the starters against teams they were up 30+ on was a common occurrence.
Eventually the tide turns and everyone that has ever played Lehman and had those things done to them as a school will likely take their chances to exact some rev
First off it was 1 deep pass (Hail Mary when you try to win on the last play) 2nd the 1st team guys were all still playing. Sorry, we should have put in our backups so your varsity guys can run a trick play and score on them…. Oh wait… you did that last time…
Watch the old games. Lehman pulled starters in the first half. Please keep trying to justify throwing deep balls when you have a running clock.

Watch the old games. Lehman pulled starters in the first half. Please keep trying to justify throwing deep balls when you have a running clock.
Where is this Lehman school your talking about?

Are there two Lehman Catholics in region 28? The Lehman Catholic I recall would possibly pull starters with a couple minutes left in the game, but never in the first half. Are we talking about the same school? The one I'm thinking about is located north of Sidney and you can see it from the interstate.

Where is this Lehman school your talking about?

Are there two Lehman Catholics in region 28? The Lehman Catholic I recall would possibly pull starters with a couple minutes left in the game, but never in the first half. Are we talking about the same school? The one I'm thinking about is located north of Sidney and you can see it from the interstate.
Or how about scoring 67 freaking point on Covington, I team with 2 seniors and 19 players overall. Lehman has never missed a chance to run up the score on anyone, they just get mad when they get a taste of their own medicine.
The JV scored half of those points. I suppose you wouldn’t know about that as I have hardly seen a JV player in any of your blowouts