2022 SWBL

What do you all think? Im going to put 3 guys stats out there and see which one you all would go with.

Player A 13 league games Position (PG/SG)
206 points 15.8 ppg
67/144. 46.5%
18/44 from three 40.9%
54/65 from foul line 83.1%
2.1 assists per game
3.3 rebounds per game

Player B 11 league games Position (PG/SG)
180 points 16.4 ppg
63/135 46.7%
8/40 from three 20%
46/60 from foul line 76.7%
2.6 assists per game
5.2 rebounds per game

Player C 13 league games Position (SG/SF)
181 points 13.9 ppg
60/147 40.8%
19/64 from three 29.7%
42/62 from foul line 67.7%
1.8 assists per game
4.8 rebounds per game

I
We can knock player C out of running if we are attempting to recruit a top player.

Of course, you mention nothing of surrounding talent, attitude, personality and competitiveness. Just looking at a stat sheet doesn't always tell the whole story. But I will play along here.

I would choose player B, although turnovers are not given in the statistics given. Why player B? He averages .6 points more per game,dished out .5 more assist per game which is another 1.0 - 1.5 (if the assist was for a three) point per game over player A, and grabs 1.9 more rebounds per game which should lead to approximately 1.9 additional points per game if team averages 1 point per possession. So .6 plus 1.0 plus 1.9 equals 3.5 points per game over player A. Again we know nothing of their chemistry they bring to the team, or points they cost the team via turnovers. We do know player B is doing a great job on the boards relative to player A, but can't tell why? Is it heart and determination or system defense? Does player A always guard the other teams best player while player B plays off his man defensively and grabs rebounds but gives up points due to turning his back to the offensive player? A stat sheet does not tell all, but just looking at stats, give me player B, and tell him to not shoot the three, but penetrate and distribute.

appreciate your take. the top 3 had Lawson, Ramy and Smith. Player A was Lawson and I feel his league play should have been there with Smith. I get SMith is a Senior but Lawson was a huge reason For Carlisle success. Everyone had a role on team and they did it well. Just stinks if your looking at Grade rather than performance on the court. I get It though as you have to put your time in.
I should have kept reading before giving my assessment on which player. I saw the 11 games vs 13 and figured these were two players on different teams. As it turns out, the point of not knowing team chemistry, attitude etc sounds like would have led me away from player B.

Don’t matter what coach Monroe gets unless we get a few really goods kids to build around we’re not going anywhere anytime soon.😒 We have talent just can’t put it all together. Most of the games we lost were by 5 or 6 points I believe.

Maxwell named POY in East and Smith/Ahmed split in West.

Madison lands Whisman and Combs on 1st team and honorable mention for Stanley.

Whisman and Combs both back
Next year. Future looks bright for Mohawk basketball.

Easy there. They combined for about 18 points a game. Whisman shots mainly three's. They had two seniors this year that had been playing varsity since their freshman year and they didn't do much. Madison won't do anything tournament wise unless they drop back to D3.

If Valley View's freshman, 8th graders and 7th graders continue to develop they should be good!

We can knock player C out of running if we are attempting to recruit a top player.

Of course, you mention nothing of surrounding talent, attitude, personality and competitiveness. Just looking at a stat sheet doesn't always tell the whole story. But I will play along here.

I would choose player B, although turnovers are not given in the statistics given. Why player B? He averages .6 points more per game,dished out .5 more assist per game which is another 1.0 - 1.5 (if the assist was for a three) point per game over player A, and grabs 1.9 more rebounds per game which should lead to approximately 1.9 additional points per game if team averages 1 point per possession. So .6 plus 1.0 plus 1.9 equals 3.5 points per game over player A. Again we know nothing of their chemistry they bring to the team, or points they cost the team via turnovers. We do know player B is doing a great job on the boards relative to player A, but can't tell why? Is it heart and determination or system defense? Does player A always guard the other teams best player while player B plays off his man defensively and grabs rebounds but gives up points due to turning his back to the offensive player? A stat sheet does not tell all, but just looking at stats, give me player B, and tell him to not shoot the three, but penetrate and distribute.
This is what i was looking for. A response and why he chose It. I agree with you about the other factors not listed they do play a part. As Player B was sidelined 2 league due to his actions in a game. That cost his team dearly. Didn't want to put that out there. just wanted to look at stats. My Personal opinion would have been Player A, Shoots free throws above 80 percent shoots the three at 40 percent. I agree on defense i would all three players gather a lot of attention. I look at +- difference as well how does a team look and do when each player is off the court. I know Player A and C were very high on this list. I appreciate your take. After writing this I saw you other post lol.

Indian Lake scored more points 😉

From looking at tweets Indian Lake won the middle two quarters 30-13 and their big two had 50 of the Lakers 62 points. Experience is big in the tournament and I saw a tweet, not sure if correct, that Carlisle hasn't won a tournament game since 2015 and Indian Lake has played in two straight district finals.
Carlisle didnt play well enough to win. Indian Lake played really well and played hard on defense. Carlisle woke up late but it was already over.

That school will be Miamisburg very soon
Heard this for two years now. Giles is a teacher at Carlisle and is moving from elementary to high school this year, well rumor has it. Would be shocked to see him leave but his alma mater is Burg. He has developed a program and has some talent right now plus a good 8th grade class coming to mix in with the Sophmores and freshman. I hope he doesn't leave for awhile anyways. Carlisle needs to keep him happy for sure.

Easy there. They combined for about 18 points a game. Whisman shots mainly three's. They had two seniors this year that had been playing varsity since their freshman year and they didn't do much. Madison won't do anything tournament wise unless they drop back to D3.

If Valley View's freshman, 8th graders and 7th graders continue to develop they should be good!
No need to ease up.

The Law firm of Denny & Denny is only one board meeting away from going to Alter or CJ.

Coach Richardson has plenty of talent to compete next year.

No need to ease up.

The Law firm of Denny & Denny is only one board meeting away from going to Alter or CJ.

I honestly thought Madison would be better this year than their record. They might be able to compete in the league but if they are staying D2 they need to beef up their schedule some if they want to compete in the tournament

No need to ease up.

Rumors have been flying as Deny has ties to Cupps. Could possibly be an Elk? Dickson could be VV next boys coach? you know how rumors are. Never trust them but funny how things get stirred, and stretched. Heard it all year long.

Heard this for two years now. Giles is a teacher at Carlisle and is moving from elementary to high school this year, well rumor has it. Would be shocked to see him leave but his alma mater is Burg. He has developed a program and has some talent right now plus a good 8th grade class coming to mix in with the Sophmores and freshman. I hope he doesn't leave for awhile anyways. Carlisle needs to keep him happy for sure.
Financially it would make sense for him to take the Miamisburg job, teaching job would pay much more. I don't know Coach Giles or his situation but for the kids at Carlisle I hope he stays!

Rumors have been flying as Deny has ties to Cupps. Could possibly be an Elk? Dickson could be VV next boys coach? you know how rumors are. Never trust them but funny how things get stirred, and stretched. Heard it all year long.
Rumor I've been hearing all year is that both Cupps are on their way to Indiana....... One as a player, one as an assistant getting a foot in the door to college basketball.

VV isn't going to build a program getting rid of coaches every couple of years. Personally, I think getting rid of him now would be a mistake. The freshman this year finished second or third last year, the 8th graders have been undefeated the last two years and the seventh graders were second this year. I know middle school success doesn't mean varsity success but they also have an 8th grader who is ranked 5th in the state and in the top 50 in the country. Just so happens to be Denny's little brother. I think if Zack doesn't come back he won't be at VV next year. VV football is on the map, this could be a chance for basketball to get on the map also.

Don't think 7th or 8th grade won the league. Definitely weren't undefeated in 8th grade. A simple Twitter SWBL search will confirm this.

VV isn't going to build a program getting rid of coaches every couple of years. Personally, I think getting rid of him now would be a mistake. The freshman this year finished second or third last year, the 8th graders have been undefeated the last two years and the seventh graders were second this year. I know middle school success doesn't mean varsity success but they also have an 8th grader who is ranked 5th in the state and in the top 50 in the country. Just so happens to be Denny's little brother. I think if Zack doesn't come back he won't be at VV next year. VV football is on the map, this could be a chance for basketball to get on the map also.

Bellbrook beat Waynseville for the 8th grade championship. Believe Bellbrooks only Reg. season losses in conference were both to Waynesville.

Wrong again. You should give up.

I don't know who you are or where you're from but you should show some respect. I've been a VV supporter since I went there and due to health issues I don't get to a lot of events. I still haven't heard an explanation of what happened after the VV game last night, just a post from you calling me trash. I believe the people that I heard from that are from VV.

Congratulations to Bellbrook and Oakwood for winning their tournament games tonight.

I don't know who you are or where you're from but you should show some respect. I've been a VV supporter since I went there and due to health issues I don't get to a lot of events. I still haven't heard an explanation of what happened after the VV game last night, just a post from you calling me trash. I believe the people that I heard from that are from VV.

Congratulations to Bellbrook and Oakwood for winning their tournament games tonight.
Didn't call you trash, just your post, sir.

I seen Preble Shawnee beat that VV 8th grade team this year so no chance they were undefeated.

How many SWBL teams are still alive in the tourney? I can think of Waynesville and Oakwood off the top of my head. Any others?

Waynesville plays Dixie next.
Oakwood plays Dunbar
Bellbrook plays Alter
Monroe plays Sidney

Waynesville and Monroe have the best chance of winning next game.