2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Hm try again on the name. I don't disagree with you on how the team going look but they do have talent coming up and I believe the 8th grade just beat bellbrook 62-22 and couple week ago 42 up I think on valley view could be wrong on that. I'm not talking about peewee lol. Not everything translate great from jr high to high school but I think there a glimpse of hope. Actually not hard to make playoff anymore with 16 teams. Only need win 4 games and just like any other team in swbl for most part, it going be how do we make it to the regional semis and finals. In my honest opinion. You don't change the schemes or head coach year after year. You don't do the two qb system they tried it 2 other time in the past and I believe it was right before their 3-4 year run and somewhere around 2015 or 2016 Luke senior year. To me it just doesn't work. put your best athletes on the field all that basic stuff. I get they need to learn and get experience but I believe you got 3 1st year coaches coaching varsity instead of jv or jr high ball. That doesn't help things right now, but they are learning and getting experience to become better coach for the future. They put their eggs in one basket with Ryan and they had a good run they are different type of players and monk still young but maybe think about what they did to Ryan and it with monk or base everything off of playaction.
Jr high is averaging 45 points a game and averaging giving up 9 a game. I got a buddy that coaches over there. Went to the Carlisle/Franklin JH game. And they have dudes all over the place. QB is very good and can sling the rock. Not saying he will play QB next year but he’s a solid QB that can run and throw. RB is legit and can take it to the house at any point. Plays both side of the ball. Franklin will be good again in a year or two. Carlisle is going to be good again also. I’m very excited for the future Carlisle has. We are very young and have talent. Guys have to get time under the lights. Everything is going to be just fine for the Indians.

Last edited:
Jr high is averaging 45 points a game and averaging giving up 9 a game. I got a buddy that coaches over there. Went to the Carlisle/Franklin JH game. And they have dudes all over the place. QB is very good and can sling the rock. Not saying he will play QB next year but he’s a solid QB that can run and throw. RB is legit and can take it to the house at any point. Places both side of the ball. Franklin will be good again in a year or two. Carlisle is going to be good again also. I’m very excited for the future Carlisle has. We are very young and have talent. Guys have to get time under the lights. Everything is going to be just fine for the Indians.
We need some talent at the skilled positions especially QB. We need a QB who can actually throw the ball down field and throw it like he has some balls.

Jr high is averaging 45 points a game and averaging giving up 9 a game. I got a buddy that coaches over there. Went to the Carlisle/Franklin JH game. And they have dudes all over the place. QB is very good and can sling the rock. Not saying he will play QB next year but he’s a solid QB that can run and throw. RB is legit and can take it to the house at any point. Places both side of the ball. Franklin will be good again in a year or two. Carlisle is going to be good again also. I’m very excited for the future Carlisle has. We are very young and have talent. Guys have to get time under the lights. Everything is going to be just fine for the Indians.
I been wanting to catch a game of their but never have time. I know couple of the parents. That rb going be good his brother a freshman he used to play rb and he either lb or dlineman. He tough kid also. I think the future looks bright for both programs.

I still think they need out of the league to be successful. Remember the league is now very different. No more Dixie, Prebble, and Northridge. Carlisle is the new Dixie of the SWBL regardless of how much talent they have or think they have. Two way players are great but they also wear down as the game goes on. I looked and Carlisle is in most games until halftime and then get rocked as the game goes on because of those players going both ways. Especially the lineman. Skill kids can handle it better but the big kids wear them down. They do compete and play hard as I saw when I watched the Franklin game this year but with the war on football it will be very hard to get the 70 kids they did have 10-12 years ago and then throw in the changes and it will be very tough for them moving forward. They better schedule 3 non league games they win.

I still think they need out of the league to be successful. Remember the league is now very different. No more Dixie, Prebble, and Northridge. Carlisle is the new Dixie of the SWBL regardless of how much talent they have or think they have. Two way players are great but they also wear down as the game goes on. I looked and Carlisle is in most games until halftime and then get rocked as the game goes on because of those players going both ways. Especially the lineman. Skill kids can handle it better but the big kids wear them down. They do compete and play hard as I saw when I watched the Franklin game this year but with the war on football it will be very hard to get the 70 kids they did have 10-12 years ago and then throw in the changes and it will be very tough for them moving forward. They better schedule 3 non league games they win.
No, I think Madison took over that spot.

Is it his fault though? Those kids need some stability and changing coaches again isn't it...5 coaches in 7 years. I say I hope he gets a 3rd year
Probably not the best idea unless he was the wrong guy to begin with. From what I understand there is zero organization. If this is true it is on the Head Football Coach.

Probably not the best idea unless he was the wrong guy to begin with. From what I understand there is zero organization. If this is true it is on the Head Football Coach.
From what I've heard, The AD isn't the right fit. That's the hire I would switch but that's just me. Organization is key

Madison won't turn around until they get stability and start taking the lessons learned from other successful small school programs.

Schools without consistent talent really benefit from programs that are locked in place and push the scheme down to the pee wee level. Look at Edgewood and Clinton Massie. You are at a significant advantage when the players have been running everything including the warm ups exactly the same since the first grade. Hell, we had 6th graders calling audibles and running a no huddle series. The learning curve is very steep when they are 9,10, and 11 years old. They have proven how to be consistent year after year. Then once in awhile you get a really good group and make a run.

New coaches every other year and pee wee coaches doing whatever they want take a lot of talent to overcome at that level.