2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Monroe 35
Franklin 0
Final. Monroe finally played a clean game. 1 penalty, no turnovers. Totally dominated the Wildcats. Hopefully, they've turned a corner and will peak at the right time.

VV - Carlisle,

My outlook on game, Vv is as good as anyone I have seen so far this year. They’re well coached and probably the best defense in Swbl. VV special teams are legit as they ran a punt and Kickoff back for a TD. Also had 1 called back. They were the better team and were ready to stop the option. Carlisle on other hand played well at times but was overmatched in game. Once they get down there is no way they can come back as their offensive system hinders them a lot. They actually threw the ball more last night which will help in long run. Starting a freshman and sophomore in backfield, alot of youth and a future possibly for Indians. I bet Carlisle ran the dive last night 30 times and probably had 85 yards between tackles not a very good average in a run heavy offense. A good defense will shut it down and did. Think the meat of schedule is coming to end so hopefully the Indians can grab 2/3 the next few weeks. Don’t know if 4-6 gets them in but wouldn’t be a good seed and probably would see likes of VV or MU. (Not Pretty) VV has a good chance at being a 1-2 in region if they can win out which I think is very possible if they perform like they did last night.

From what I've heard, The AD isn't the right fit. That's the hire I would switch but that's just me. Organization is key

The AD and the coach are both bad fits. The coach tries to be old school, my way or hit the road type, and that doesn't fly with today's youth. He also doesn't play the JV in blowouts and is constantly canceling the JV games (they have only played three games). He also has them weight lifting improbably and has caused injury to some players. As for the AD,,let's just say when you get a 3 page memo at the he end of the year of things you need to improve on, that speaks for itself. Bottom line is 1-16 in 2 seasons is not acceptable.

The AD and the coach are both bad fits. The coach tries to be old school, my way or hit the road type, and that doesn't fly with today's youth. He also doesn't play the JV in blowouts and is constantly canceling the JV games (they have only played three games). He also has them weight lifting improbably and has caused injury to some players. As for the AD,,let's just say when you get a 3 page memo at the he end of the year of things you need to improve on, that speaks for itself. Bottom line is 1-16 in 2 seasons is not acceptable.
I agree. Hadn’t heard much about the coach honestly. But it’s sounds like it’s time to clean house

Waynesville had a rough game Friday. Quarterback gets injured early in the third and they have to rely on a young backup to lead them to comeback. Kicker missed 2 field goals and an extra point. They have a chance to tie the game from 30 yards out from another field goal but the snap was botched. Lots of things went wrong on Friday.

Waynesville had a rough game Friday. Quarterback gets injured early in the third and they have to rely on a young backup to lead them to comeback. Kicker missed 2 field goals and an extra point. They have a chance to tie the game from 30 yards out from another field goal but the snap was botched. Lots of things went wrong on Friday.
All true, but the same could be said for Oakwood. At least two balls were dropped for TD’s for Oakwood and for Waynesville. We also had 3 turnovers, two interceptions, one in the end zone and the other inside the 20 yard line going in.
The fumble, which was a bad call, gave Waynesville the ball back just shy of the 50 yard line with under a minute left. We played a prevent D and gave up a few easy pitch and catch plays that gave them a chance for the field goal to win it.
It was a good game until the 4th quarter, then it got ugly. Lots of things went bad for both teams.
One other factor was the officiating. Overall I thought it was poor. It wasn’t favoring either team, but overall just bad.