2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe way less then 65/35 EARLY in the season. We have more than a few capable running backs to spell both. Maybe as the season wears on you could increase Freddies carries. By then you would have not only a fresh Freddie, (ala last year) you'd also have a corner (probably young) who has picked up 6,7....8 games experience by spelling FL on D, who could now take over the majority of the defensive snaps freeing Lenix up more for carries.
I think you nailed it.. early on mix in Mitchell, young Lenix, Gamble and I know there's a few more and let some of those younger CB's play.. We know what Lenix can do, we just need him fresh at the end of the year to do it. Does anyone have a feel where the Zimmerman kid is going to play? and if he'll see the field much. I was watching video of him, he looks pretty talented. They have him listed as a LB, but looks like he was at safety last year..

Maybe way less then 65/35 EARLY in the season. We have more than a few capable running backs to spell both. Maybe as the season wears on you could increase Freddies carries. By then you would have not only a fresh Freddie, (ala last year) you'd also have a corner (probably young) who has picked up 6,7....8 games experience by spelling FL on D, who could now take over the majority of the defensive snaps freeing Lenix up more for carries.
Pretty good problem to have.

I think you nailed it.. early on mix in Mitchell, young Lenix, Gamble and I know there's a few more and let some of those younger CB's play.. We know what Lenix can do, we just need him fresh at the end of the year to do it. Does anyone have a feel where the Zimmerman kid is going to play? and if he'll see the field much. I was watching video of him, he looks pretty talented. They have him listed as a LB, but looks like he was at safety last year..
Pringles will get looks at RB too

We used yo buy out another teams opponent in order to play that team. Would love to buy out any Green game just for shtsngigles. The playoff game was a debacle. They play that game five times Massillon wins 4. Just my2cents.

True but we made so many mistakes including an unforgivable fumbled exchange in the final 2 minutes, it is hard to blame anyone else. And as they proved the following week against Winton Woods, Green was pretty good. I think it is amazing we were as good as we were minus Hartson plus a bunch of freshmen and sophomores.

True but we made so many mistakes including an unforgivable fumbled exchange in the final 2 minutes, it is hard to blame anyone else. And as they proved the following week against Winton Woods, Green was pretty good. I think it is amazing we were as good as we were minus Hartson plus a bunch of freshmen and sophomores.
Austin won us that game and it was taken away from him

Austin won us that game and it was taken away from him
Screenshot_20220323-232842~2.png

Also I think we blocked a punt on their second possession and rather than falling on it, someone tried to catch it on the run touching it, then they recovered and made a first down around midfield.. Otherwise we have the ball on about their 20 up already 7-0... big swing there

Also I think we blocked a punt on their second possession and rather than falling on it, someone tried to catch it on the run touching it, then they recovered and made a first down around midfield.. Otherwise we have the ball on about their 20 up already 7-0... big swing there
Bingo, that game could’ve been 21-0 in the first quarter…

Coach Mark Elder's Crusaders improved from 3-6 in 2020 to 11-4 last season and a trip to the Division I state semifinals. They lost by one to Springfield, which is No. 49 on the Preseason Top 100, but defeated 2021 DI champion Lakewood St. Edward during the regular season in overtime. That was the only loss for St. Edward, which is ranked the highest of the Ohio schools at No. 24.

Rising junior Jordan Marshall is a top recruit for the Crusaders , currently ranked the fourth-best Ohio player of the Class of 2024. At 5-foot-11-inches and 180 pounds, Marshall has offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, West Virginia and Wisconsin

He ran for 1,155 yards as a sophomore with a season-high 154 in the semifinal loss to Springfield.

Super swift receiver Tennel Bryant (71 catches, 896 yards, 15 touchdowns in 2021), linebacker Joe Ginnetti, offensive lineman Thomas Biel, defensive lineman Peyton Wilp and safeties Matt Seliga and Isaiah Summerlin have assorted Division I offers.

Among Moeller's rising juniors, cornerback Karson Hobbs has offers that include Kentucky, Marshall, South Carolina and West Virginia. Iowa and Kentucky have offered receiver Jewett Hayes.

"We've got a number of guys who are really good," Elder said. "Who the next guy is, I don't know. That's for those (recruiting) guys to figure out."

Moeller begins the season at Massillon Washington Aug. 19.

Sounds like Moeller is pretty loaded. I expect a close game and a Tiger victory.

He won us the game when he intercepted the ball with 2 min left at midfield. Then we proceeded to “fumble the bag” quite literally.

Also, I don’t recall it being the refs fault that Trey Martin made our cornerback(s) look like children on multiple TDs.
They were children

The roller derby is coming to Cincinnati for one night only on Friday August 19th....the same day we were scheduled to play them, from what I've heard the young men from Moeller were given a choice, play Massillon or go watch the roller derby....they have spoken. Massillon is currently looking for a new week one opponent.
My thing is people already have teams scheduled and I can’t stand a week1 Bye Week

Status
Not open for further replies.