2022 Football Opponent Results

Louisville St. X plays Trinity tonight. A win by the Tigers means L2 points for Elder. A win by the Shamrocks would bring more L2 points to Moeller (and Cincinnati St. X if the Bombers win in week 7).

Talent-wise, Moe is #1 and Lakota West is #2 in the state. If those two teams end up on the same side of the bracket, that would be ideal for everyone else. Elder can beat either of them on any given day - will be tough to beat both in consecutive weeks.

I think Elder is a solid number 3 in the city this year, and can honestly beat anyone in the state on any given day. You couldn't say that last year with their porous defense.

Talent-wise, Moe is #1 and Lakota West is #2 in the state. If those two teams end up on the same side of the bracket, that would be ideal for everyone else. Elder can beat either of them on any given day - will be tough to beat both in consecutive weeks.

I think Elder is a solid number 3 in the city this year, and can honestly beat anyone in the state on any given day. You couldn't say that last year with their porous defense.

Springfield is very talented again. Region 4 always thinks it runs through them until it doesn't. There's always a Region 2 or Region 3 team overlooked. Region 3 does seem to be down this year, but you can never overlook them in the semi-finals.

Louisville St. X plays Trinity tonight. A win by the Tigers means L2 points for Elder. A win by the Shamrocks would bring more L2 points to Moeller (and Cincinnati St. X if the Bombers win in week 7).

This is one of the games that I want to go see one day, but it usually falls on Elder vs St X.

Level 2 points are where teams can get a lot of Harbin Points. The three biggest games on the schedule this year are Moeller, X, and Springboro. Because a loss in any of those three games the rest of your wins push those other teams up in the Region.

Springfield is very talented again. Region 4 always thinks it runs through them until it doesn't. There's always a Region 2 or Region 3 team overlooked. Region 3 does seem to be down this year, but you can never overlook them in the semi-finals.
Springfield is going to win R3 handily. R1 will be Eds or Ignatius, R2 is open

That is true - forgot about them.

Springfield is going to win R3 handily. R1 will be Eds or Ignatius, R2 is open
I think you have R2 and R3 backwards. Springfield, Centerville and Dublin Jerome are all in Region 2 this year along with other Dayton schools and schools north and west of Columbus all the way up to Findlay and Perrysburg. Region 3 is made of the rest of the Columbus area (Pickerington schools, Hilliard schools, Gahanna Lincoln, etc.)

I think you have R2 and R3 backwards. Springfield, Centerville and Dublin Jerome are all in Region 2 this year along with other Dayton schools and schools north and west of Columbus all the way up to Findlay and Perrysburg. Region 3 is made of the rest of the Columbus area (Pickerington schools, Hilliard schools, Gahanna Lincoln, etc.)

I see. Springfield still wins R2. R3 is up for grabs. R1 is always going to be one of 3: Eds, Ignatius, and Mentor. Hard to believe R4 used to be Cincy & all of the Dayton schools. It’s still an absolute grind now that it’s just Cincy schools.

I see. Springfield still wins R2. R3 is up for grabs. R1 is always going to be one of 3: Eds, Ignatius, and Mentor. Hard to believe R4 used to be Cincy & all of the Dayton schools. It’s still an absolute grind now that it’s just Cincy schools.
The GMC is a lot better now, than it was back then. Back then it was Colerain and everyone else, usually you'd have one other GMC team that was strong, but didn't pose a real threat to the GCLS schools. The GWOC schools were much better than they've shown in recent years - talking Wayne, Centerville and Northmont. Hell even Lebanon used to be a playoff contender regularly.

The gap between the 2nd best GMC team and the GCLS schools has shrunk substantially over the past 5-10 years. And the top tier of the GMC (top 3-4) teams are every bit as good, if not better than the GWOC teams who used to reside in R4 (Wayne, Centerville, Northmont).

Week 6
Cov Cath (5-1) def. Cooper 14-7
Pickerington Central (3-3) def. Newark 35-6
Springboro (5-1) def. Centerville 21-17
St Edward (5-1) def. Rock Creek Christian MD 37-6
St Xavier KY (4-1) def. Trinity KY 13-8
St Xavier (2-4) lost to Elder 42-10
Moeller (6-0) def. LaSalle 47-14
Roncalli IN (6-0) def. Brebeuf Jesuit Prep 31-14
Bishop Chatard (4-2) def. Guerin Catholic 31-30
LaSalle (2-4) lost to Moeller 14-47

Last edited:
Week 6
Cov Cath (5-1) def. Cooper 14-7
Pickerington Central (3-3) def. Newark 35-7
Springboro (5-1) def. Centerville 21-17
St Edward (4-1) vs. Rock Creek Christian MD
St Xavier KY (3-1) vs. Trinity KY
St Xavier (2-4) lost to Elder 42-10
Moeller (6-0) def. LaSalle
Roncalli IN (5-0) vs. Brebeuf Jesuit Prep
Bishop Chatard (3-2) vs. Guerin Catholic
LaSalle (2-4) lost to Moeller
I was way wrong about Springboro. I fully admit to not believing they were very good, but they’ve won 2 huge games in a row

The GMC is a lot better now, than it was back then. Back then it was Colerain and everyone else, usually you'd have one other GMC team that was strong, but didn't pose a real threat to the GCLS schools. The GWOC schools were much better than they've shown in recent years - talking Wayne, Centerville and Northmont. Hell even Lebanon used to be a playoff contender regularly.

The gap between the 2nd best GMC team and the GCLS schools has shrunk substantially over the past 5-10 years. And the top tier of the GMC (top 3-4) teams are every bit as good, if not better than the GWOC teams who used to reside in R4 (Wayne, Centerville, Northmont).
It would be nice if there was a public school in R1, besides Mentor, that could challenge Ignatius and Eds consistently. When is the last time a school, outside of those 3, won the Region?

Great night for Elder Opponents tonight. Other than St X, who obviously lost to Elder and LaSalle who lost to Moeller, every other Panther opponent won. St Edward plays tomorrow, but Elder can't get points from them anyways.

It would be nice if there was a public school in R1, besides Mentor, that could challenge Ignatius and Eds consistently. When is the last time a school, outside of those 3, won the Region?
Uh… maybe recruiting. Why does an area as large as the Cleveland area only have two private D1 high schools?

So as of 10:45 Elder final Harbin points (using 10 games and the final L2 divisor of 97) Elder has 15.62268

JoeEitel will have us at 17.50505 when all his games are entered.

The Springboro win is really helping us right now with 3.948969 points towards the Harbin total CovCath is 3.692784, Louisville X 3.330412
Pick Central 2.660309 and X 1.990206

I was way wrong about Springboro. I fully admit to not believing they were very good, but they’ve won 2 huge games in a row
Drew Pasteur now projects Springboro to finish fourth in Region 4.

Region 4 projections​

Updated 23-Sep-2022 10:59PM
Week 6 in progress

1. Archbishop Moeller (9-1) 39.21
2. Lakota West (10-0) 35.90
3. Elder (8-2) 35.21
4. Springboro (7-3) 27.33
(Top 4 earn two home games)
5. Fairfield (8-2) 25.25
6. Princeton (8-2) 24.40
7. Milford (8-2) 23.65
8. St Xavier (5-5) 16.32
(Top 8 earn a home game)
9. Mason (6-4) 15.50
10. Western Hills (5-5) 11.89
11. Lakota East (4-6) 9.00
12. Hamilton (4-6) 8.85
13. Colerain (4-6) 8.41
14. West Clermont (4-6) 7.40
15. Lebanon (4-6) 7.40
16. Middletown (3-7) 6.35

Springboro is surprising me. They just beat Centerville and Fairmont. The next three weeks will tell more of the story. They have Springfield, Northmont, and Wayne. The GWOC is the best public school league in the state.

Take that with a big grain of salt.

He has Moeller projected to finish 9-1 (Currently 6-0) But his projections don't show them losing another game this year.

1664143879587.png

1664143914327.png

Week 7
Cov Cath (6-1) def. Boone County 43-0
Pickerington Central (4-3) def. Central Crossing 35-0
Springboro (5-2) lost to Springfield 56-14
St Edward (6-1) def. St Ignatius 48-6
St Xavier KY (5-1) def. Ryle KY 37-0
St Xavier (2-5) lost to Trinity KY. 34-7
Moeller (7-0) lost to Elder 42-14
Roncalli IN (7-0) def. Male KY 28-7
Bishop Chatard IN (4-3) lost to Christian Brothers MO 55-24
LaSalle (2-5) lost to Cathedral IN 37-6

Last edited:
Tough night for Elder Opponents. Cov Cath, Pick Central and Lou St X were all winners, along with Roncalli and obviously Moeller.

Springboro, St X, Bishop Chatard and LaSalle all lost by multiple scores.

St Eds plays tomorrow against Ignatius.

Week 8
Cov Cath (6-1) - Bye
Pickerington Central (5-3) def. Groveport-Madison 21-14
Springboro (6-2) def. Northmont 41-17
St Edward (7-1) def. Football North ON 35-18
St Xavier KY (6-1) def. DuPont Manual 21-10
St Xavier (3-5) def. LaSalle 16-7
Moeller (7-0) vs. St Ignatius (Sat)
Roncalli IN (7-1) lost to Elder 24-23
Bishop Chatard (5-3) def. Terre Haute North 49-0
LaSalle (2-6) lost to St Xavier 16-7