2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

I was thinking about that when the Browns cut Pittsburgh’s lead to 20-14 with 10:11 left in the game.
Now was the time for the Browns defense to play like a defense that needed to win a game like this.
Instead, Pittsburgh drove 75 yards in 14 plays to score a TD. That settled the issue.

Were you surprised that happened ... any of that ... as in the clutch TD or the conversion?
I know the answer to that.
Just as no one is shocked the Browns fell apart at the end of this game.

Sean Payton is still under contract, so the Browns would have to trade players or draft choices ( which they don't have) to the Saints. Meanwhile, Denver is asking permission to talk to Payton.

Sean Payton is still under contract, so the Browns would have to trade players or draft choices ( which they don't have) to the Saints. Meanwhile, Denver is asking permission to talk to Payton.

Let the Saints have Denzel as compensation.

We have skiing in Cleveland, kind of. We could probably find him some pot if he’s into that, too.

ource: Cleveland Browns fire defensive coordinator Joe Woods​

7:08 AM ET
  • i

Jake TrotterESPN Staff Writer
The Cleveland Browns fired defensive coordinator Joe Woods on Monday morning following consecutive losing seasons, a league source told ESPN.
The Browns finished with a 7-10 record, capped by Sunday's 28-14 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Reactions: y2h

ource: Cleveland Browns fire defensive coordinator Joe Woods​

7:08 AM ET
The Cleveland Browns fired defensive coordinator Joe Woods on Monday morning following consecutive losing seasons, a league source told ESPN.
The Browns finished with a 7-10 record, capped by Sunday's 28-14 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Not enough, but probably all we will see. The leadership is very weak. Stefanski should go too. He’s a nice guy coordinator type that isn’t cut out to be a head coach, like so many in NFL history. This team needs a no nonsense HC. They mention Brian Flores as a potential DC. He would be an upgrade at HC, in my opinion. There are others, of course.

I anticipate today's presser is going to be damn painful with Stefanski and Berry spewing BS while really saying nothing of consequence.

I anticipate today's presser is going to be damn painful with Stefanski and Berry spewing BS while really saying nothing of consequence.
Yesterday, Stefanski said he was proud that no one gave up and that the players were determined to win the game. He also said he was very optimistic for next year. This is the bs you will hear today, so there's no use listening.

I agree, but you need the new DC asap to know what type you need. I’m no football genius, but I don’t think run stuffers at DT and ILB ever go out of style. Football still involves kicking the other team’s azzzz.
"Real football players".

Berry is a fail without a first-rounder. What did he ever get right after round 1 without Dorsey in the house ?

Browns are in a much better cap position than some realize

Per overthecap.com

2023 projected cap of $225 million
* Browns are $1.9 mil under the cap with 44 players under contract. That’s 20th out of 32 teams
* Browns have $30.8 mil in cap space from 2022 that I believe they can roll over to 2023. Even if you add the $30 mil the Browns 2023 cap they are still in the bottom half of NFL teams regarding cap space.
* $178.3 mil to the top 8 player cap hits for 2023:
- Watson $54.9 mil, Garrett $29.1 mil, Cooper $23.7 mil, Teller $15.4 mil, Chubb $14.8 mil, Bitonio $14.6 mil, Johnson $13.5 mil, Ward $12.3 mil

2024 projected cap of $256 mil
* Browns are $9.2 mil OVER the cap with just 31 players under contract. That’s 32nd out of 32 teams.

So just how are the Browns in better cap position than what these numbers state?

What I find frustrating is that they knew when Watson was coming back, and they seemed to be running the exact same offense with him.

If they don’t adjust next season, it will be ugly.

This is an incredible stat. Yes, since the modern NFL really began with the AFL/NFL merger starting in 1970 the Steelers have been the best franchise in the NFL, while the Browns have managed to win just five playoff games during those 52 seasons…less than one every decade…I didn’t realize the Steelers have finished ahead of the Browns every season since 1989. Sad and amazing at the same time.
1989 Browns 51 Pittsburgh 0

Next year's opponents. One thing that Browns' fans must NOT do is to get caught up in any hype or spin coming out of Berea. Just presume that nothing will change and they will fail to make the playoffs next year. Make them prove their optimism to us. If not, we are all suckers........again.

No excuse to win less then 12 vs that schedule.

No excuse to win less then 12 vs that schedule.
Don't forget - it's the Browns.

Joe Reedy
@joereedy
#Browns are 54-106-1 through 10 full seasons of the Haslam ownership reign. 2nd worst NFL record since 2013.

“The #Browns have nothing to be optimistic about going into next year. This Steelers Team is horrible! We are slow and predictable on offense. Small, soft, & vanilla on defense. Good luck running it back with this Stefanski! Mark my words, Browns are 1 year from a total rebuild!” Garrett Bush of the Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show tweeted.

“Glad this train wreck of a season is over. Can’t say things are trending dramatically up. The Browns still resemble an organization adrift,” Jay Crawford of WKYC-TV tweeted.