2022 Canton McKinley Football Season

As a Tiger fan I can honestly say, I liked what I saw out of coach Hall. Last year's team played us tough and Disciplined!!!! Funny feeling says coach Hall will continue with the discipline and the bulldogs will shine.

Massillon fans tripping over themselves trying to convert their Poll Titles into OHSAA State Championships.

Yes or no Maxie, does Massillon have any OHSAA Team State Championships in any sport?
You mention Canton McKinley. The Bulldogs count all their championships, both the pre-playoff titles and their playoff titles. Are you saying those titles are illegitimate?
I'll answer your question when you answer mine.

Lots of gymnastics there. No wonder you can't post any of Massillon's baseball losses.

My answer is playoff titles are more legitimate.
Why else would you guys act like you do? Why else would several of you guys get suspended after each playoff loss? Why else you would you guys need a safe space forum?
No other school needs playoff validation like Massillon does.
You can never have an adult conversation without your snarky comments. Too bad. The OHSAA believes pre-playoff titles are legitimate. Massillon doesn’t need validation. The Tigers illustrious program does that. 920—24—9?

The OHSAA believes pre-playoff titles are legitimate.
How much more of a self-serving statement could you (incorrectly) make? You have a rough time acknowledging that State Championship Database document the OHSAA has that has no sign of Massillon Washington showing up on it in any sport.
Massillon doesn’t need validation.
No one needs validation more than you.

McKinley is an incredible storied program. The real barometer is where you are at today. The Bulldogs would be nothing without the Tigers and and the Tigers would be nothing without the Dawgs. Iron has sharpened iron for over 130 years! But one team has become the sharpest.
History does not lie. Holyfield/Tyson,
Ali/Frazier, Jordan/James, Tom Brady/ everyone else, And Massillon/ McKinley. Canton will comeback, I wouldn't be surprised if they win this year's showdown.

By all reports, Keaton Rode, a 6' 1'' 185 lbs. junior, should be the starting QB. As a sophomore, he alternated most games with a senior QB. This season, Rode should be the favorite to start, but he'll have some talented competition.
From what I saw, that guy isn't all too special.

I hear ya. However, I witnessed him play live against St. Edward in the 3rd round playoff game last season, and honestly he showed legitimate potential. No one is proclaiming the kid to be the next Mitch Trubisky. Will have to wait and see if has developed into a better QB. Who knows, but he might still be the starting QB at McKinley.

Unless I am mistaken, Canton McKinley played into the 3rd round of last season's state playoffs. Beating Solon in round 1, and then soundly beating Massillon Jackson in round 2 (running clock). In round 3 getting hammered by eventual Div. I state champion, Lakewood St. Edward.

Unless I am mistaken, Canton McKinley played into the 3rd round of last season's state playoffs. Beating Solon in round 1, and then soundly beating Massillon Jackson in round 2 (running clock). In round 3 getting hammered by eventual Div. I state champion, Lakewood St. Edward.
You are correct

By all reports, Keaton Rode, a 6' 1'' 185 lbs. junior, should be the starting QB. As a sophomore, he alternated most games with a senior QB. This season, Rode should be the favorite to start, but he'll have some talented competition.
Saw him a little against Massillon, nobody from either side had too good of a day through the air THAT day. Saw him against the Tigers freshmen when he was at Louisville, I think he threw for 2 td's that day in a loss. I think he'll be alright.

Saw him a little against Massillon, nobody from either side had too good of a day through the air THAT day. Saw him against the Tigers freshmen when he was at Louisville, I think he threw for 2 td's that day in a loss. I think he'll be alright.
Yes, I am inclined to agree, as long as his O Line can protect the pocket.

Re: Where your program is today: When was your last title? Today you stand at half century since a state title.
FYI, This thread is about McKinley football, please stay on topic. Thanks.
Re: Re: Where your program is today: You DO realize that YOUR program has basically won....ONE (1) game in the last decade against OUR program.

Does that title from almost 25 years ago mean that McKinleys program is in better shape than Massillons program today?

Last edited:
Sorry guys, back on topic. McKinley always has some nice athletes to throw the ball to and I'm sure this year will be no different. Do your receivers have any size this year?

I agree....lets stop this nonsense about the history of these two fabled football programs! It can become very annoying on both sides. All of this stuff has been repeated over and over. The on-going talk about championships, on and off the field, has all been discussed and debated for years. Lets stay on point....keep the flow of discussion around the upcoming 2022 season, when it comes to the Massillon or Canton football discussions. Listen, I am not a strong fan of either program, but I do follow the two programs and have much respect for their achievements over the past many, many years! Together, they represent the best of Ohio high school football during a long period of time. Even though in recent years the parochial schools have dominated the state playoffs in both Div. I & II, the Tigers and Bulldogs remain very special programs, and are still in the top ten in the Nation's all-time high school football program victories.

I do have a question for the Massillon Tiger posters. Does the 2022 Tiger defense stack up to the recent years of exceptionally strong Massillon defenses, which could completely shut down an opponents' offensive game plan? Thanks.

I do have a question for the Massillon Tiger posters. Does the 2022 Tiger defense stack up to the recent years of exceptionally strong Massillon defenses, which could completely shut down an opponents' offensive game plan? Thanks.
No offense, but why not ask this question on the Massillon thread? Let's keep this thread about the pups.

Re: Where your program is today: When was your last title? Today you stand at half century since a state title.
Certainly not the only barometer used to measure the success of a program. If anyone on here argue's that Massillon doesn't have a successful football program I really can't help your thought process. Mind boggling to be honest.