2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must have watched different games….
We had touchdowns on both outside runs and passes down the middle.
Plus JJ had that insane catch on the sidelines that was just past the marker. We tried out routes to cloud and Reed on 4th down so I’m not sure where you’re getting any of this from.
I agree that the play calling in overtime was less than desirable, but our offensive coaching has been outstanding for 4 years now.
No way that guy was at the game. If he was and he saw how Walsh was playing he would see why they took so many shots. They had their safeties 6-8 yards off the ball and corners were pressing. I think the QB threw for over 275 yards and 3 TDs and could have been about 350 yards and 4-5 TDs if not for a few deep drops(RB and slight over throw to the RB both wide open). If I remember, I believe they started off w a 5 yard short pass to #23 in OT and then tried to run it, but gained 1 yard so it was 3rd n 4 and having no kicker/trust in unit they put the ball in the air. They were literally inches from walking it off in the corner of the end zone as the WR had the ball and had his guy beat, but the ball was slightly under thrown which allowed the DB to recover. Time to focus on TCC and the rest of the season, they can't get that game back now.

No way that guy was at the game. If he was and he saw how Walsh was playing he would see why they took so many shots. They had their safeties 6-8 yards off the ball and corners were pressing. I think the QB threw for over 275 yards and 3 TDs and could have been about 350 yards and 4-5 TDs if not for a few deep drops(RB and slight over throw to the RB both wide open). If I remember, I believe they started off w a 5 yard short pass to #23 in OT and then tried to run it, but gained 1 yard so it was 3rd n 4 and having no kicker/trust in unit they put the ball in the air. They were literally inches from walking it off in the corner of the end zone as the WR had the ball and had his guy beat, but the ball was slightly under thrown which allowed the DB to recover. Time to focus on TCC and the rest of the season, they can't get that game back now.
This post is right on the money.

I have been here for 20+ years and this the thread has gone so sideways it is to the point I don't even want to read it let post anything, not sure if that says more about me or the excessively passionate fan base that posts here. I will say this and leave it alone: There are only two fane bases I have seen at a HS Football game boo their team; one is Massillon and that is to be expected, the other is Benedictine.

Anyway while all this handwringing was going on about a HS football game a notable athletic alum passed this week, Tom Weiskopf.

Not the nicest guy in the world and was not very active as an alum but I was told that was just his nature. I did have the pleasure to be on the bag for his mother when I was a caddie back in the '70s and she was the opposite, very nice and when she found out I was at Benedictine she made a point to talk about how she liked it as a parent and from her viewpoint it was a great place for him. Hopefully his soul finds some peace on the other side...

I have been here for 20+ years and this the thread has gone so sideways it is to the point I don't even want to read it let post anything, not sure if that says more about me or the excessively passionate fan base that posts here. I will say this and leave it alone: There are only two fane bases I have seen at a HS Football game boo their team; one is Massillon and that is to be expected, the other is Benedictine.
I believe you but when did fans boo team? Did they boo coaches or players?

Only thing I find hard to believe is that those are the only two teams' fans to boo a team if coaches are counted

Anyway while all this handwringing was going on about a HS football game a notable athletic alum passed this week, Tom Weiskopf.

Not the nicest guy in the world and was not very active as an alum but I was told that was just his nature. I did have the pleasure to be on the bag for his mother when I was a caddie back in the '70s and she was the opposite, very nice and when she found out I was at Benedictine she made a point to talk about how she liked it as a parent and from her viewpoint it was a great place for him. Hopefully his soul finds some peace on the other side...
About a week ago I was going to message you. It’s not you. There’s many new faces on here for Benedictine this season. Not a bad thing I guess, but it definitely seems others opinions are not welcome.

Some very sensitive folks here as well. Supporters arguing with each other all the time. It was never like that in the past on here. I would do anything to have team with the talent Benedictine has this season.

Good luck the rest of season. Just get in the playoffs and you will guys make some noise.

If your Knights keep winning 4-6 could get Benedictine into the playoffs. The bottom of region 9 is awful.
And the top is very very good. Ursuline, Canfield, and Chaney have looked very strong. Chardon is of course the favorite. Aurora and Tallmadge are good as well. Cleveland Heights game is the big one for Benny I believe, Brecksville won't get the Bengals many Harbins.

Cleveland Hts is averaging 40 points per game. Can Benedictine play with this squad? Above, Anthony talks about no discipline, & poor football skills. That’s all on the coaching staff. Let’s see what happens moving forward.

Cleveland Hts is averaging 40 points per game. Can Benedictine play with this squad? Above, Anthony talks about no discipline, & poor football skills. That’s all on the coaching staff. Let’s see what happens moving forward.
woah woah woah dont talk bad about this staff, otherwise you are A) not a fan B) ignorant to the great success this program has had under it and C) a racist

Cleve Hts, with a coaching staff by the way that would make Ginn & Company of the 2000's look like Bill Walsh from a game management perspective, will probably keep this one closer than it needs to be. With that being said NOTHING has been shown to be believe this game will be anything short of Tigers by 21+

Yes, we will be Cathedral Prep, by the time this team gets to week 8 there won’t be any of those mistakes that happened on Saturday.

I know Cleveland Heights is good, so are we.

St. Benedict himself will come back to life before this team goes 2-8.
Are you prepared to meet St Benedict? You better be.

woah woah woah dont talk bad about this staff, otherwise you are A) not a fan B) ignorant to the great success this program has had under it and C) a racist

Cleve Hts, with a coaching staff by the way that would make Ginn & Company of the 2000's look like Bill Walsh from a game management perspective, will probably keep this one closer than it needs to be. With that being said NOTHING has been shown to be believe this game will be anything short of Tigers by 21+
a. I am a fan
b. I am not Ignorant
c. I am not a racist
That said. Discipline problems & football skill problems, as Antony Jakubowski talked about, are both coaching points of emphasis.

Status
Not open for further replies.