2022-23 Indiana Hoosiers

I really thought NW would come in flat Wednesday vs. IU after the big win Sunday. IU came out flat and it cost them. They did come back in the 2nd half and tied it, but spotting that big lead early was their downfall.
Appears the Hoosiers can't handle win at home after winning on the road.

You got to laugh.

Suddenly, NW is second in the league, just beat the two best teams and has the easier schedule to try and make up 2 games. NW. smh.
Posters give spartacus grief about the BIG being down but he is right the BIG is not that good this year. NW with 11 league wins, Nebraska with 8 there is a reason why these two schools are having career seasons. However overall college bball seems to be down.

Appears the Hoosiers can't handle win at home after winning on the road.
Embarassing. This may be one of the most jeckle and hyde IU teams I can ever remember.
Key wins: @xavier; North Carolina; Wisconsin; Michigan State: Purdue twice and Michigan
bad losses: @Rutgers, Northwestern twice; Penn State; @Maryland; and last night's game with Iowa.

The one knock I have with TJD ( and there are few) is that this team so many times over the last few years just comes out listless. I thought right out fo the gate last night, Iowa gets two 3s from Kris Murray, their best player and we really never recovered from the 8-0, 10-2 start. So disappoining because this team controlled it's own destiny with getting a double bye for the tournament, now it's all up in the air and a good Michigan squad coming to town Sunday.

Embarassing. This may be one of the most jeckle and hyde IU teams I can ever remember.
Key wins: @xavier; North Carolina; Wisconsin; Michigan State: Purdue twice and Michigan
bad losses: @Rutgers, Northwestern twice; Penn State; @Maryland; and last night's game with Iowa.

The one knock I have with TJD ( and there are few) is that this team so many times over the last few years just comes out listless. I thought right out fo the gate last night, Iowa gets two 3s from Kris Murray, their best player and we really never recovered from the 8-0, 10-2 start. So disappoining because this team controlled it's own destiny with getting a double bye for the tournament, now it's all up in the air and a good Michigan squad coming to town Sunday.
Don't get it confused, Michigan is not good. They only look better now because they play in the Big Ten. Any other conference and they are fighting for their lives just to make the NIT.

Don't get it confused, Michigan is not good. They only look better now because they play in the Big Ten. Any other conference and they are fighting for their lives just to make the NIT.
I'm not sure anyone in the big ten is real good, I do feel Purdue can give people alot of problems, but their guards are faltering, and guards are so important. I can't believe the Howard kid is projected as a first round NBA pick?

I'm not sure anyone in the big ten is real good, I do feel Purdue can give people alot of problems, but their guards are faltering, and guards are so important. I can't believe the Howard kid is projected as a first round NBA pick?
Michigan is winning games even without Jett Howard lately? What does that say about the Big Ten? Michigan fan base actually laughs at the fact that they are atop the league standings and they all know their team sucks.

I agree about Purdue, I was hopeful for them early on but they have too many slow white guys at the guard position.

Don’t get these comments twisted though, come tournament time I will be watching every Big Ten game and cheering HARD for success. We haven’t won jack since 2000 and I hope I am wrong.

Michigan is winning games even without Jett Howard lately? What does that say about the Big Ten? Michigan fan base actually laughs at the fact that they are atop the league standings and they all know their team sucks.

I agree about Purdue, I was hopeful for them early on but they have too many slow white guys at the guard position.

Don’t get these comments twisted though, come tournament time I will be watching every Big Ten game and cheering HARD for success. We haven’t won jack since 2000 and I hope I am wrong.
I watch alot of big ten ball and I agree, it's a good league top to bottom, but there is no great teams this year that can make a run. Mostly because no teams in this league can play more tha 2-3 good games in a row. Midwest people won't like this, but the SEC has really turned into a good basketball league. Just a decade ago it was Kentucky and no one. Now Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, even Vandy are pretty good programs. I wonder if a big ten team even gets to the sweet 16.

I watch alot of big ten ball and I agree, it's a good league top to bottom, but there is no great teams this year that can make a run. Mostly because no teams in this league can play more tha 2-3 good games in a row. Midwest people won't like this, but the SEC has really turned into a good basketball league. Just a decade ago it was Kentucky and no one. Now Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, even Vandy are pretty good programs. I wonder if a big ten team even gets to the sweet 16.
SEC has gotten better but the Big 12 mopped the floor with them in their little challenge a month or so ago. Big 12 is the cream of the crop.

I've given up predicting how well any of them will do, let alone any of the ranked teams.

Indiana-Michigan is going to be a helleva center match-up. Maybe the ONLY decent end of year B10 game.

Heck of a game. IU was able to crawl themselves back into the game and made enough plays to win it. I have no idea how the Hoosiers will do in the big ten tournament or the NCAA tournament. It is nice to not have to win multiple games just to get into the tournament. IU seems to be solidly on the 4 or 5 seed line.

Very disappointed in the Hoosiers tonight. This team has never won the big ten tournament in it's 26 year existence. If they ever were, this year set up perfect. A 3 seed, double bye. Had Maryland game 1, had Penn State tonight. So many times this season, this team has come out flat for some reason. They just kind of cruise into games with little sense of urgency. We knew exactly what Penn State was, a perimeter oriented team with an elite player in Pickett. Well, we allowed him to get really comfortable in the first half. Let him make a few shots and we never really recovered from the 15-0 run early in the first half. It's not fair to TJD because he carries us nearly every night, and he finished with 24/11, but the first half he was sleepwalking and we never got back into the game until early in the 2nd half. IU looked like the team playing their 3rd game in a row. Just unfortunate.
JHS wasn't good and I don't expect him to be great every night as a freshman. Really wondering about Trey Galloway, he's really disappeared thelast few games. When this team is good, Galloway, Kopp, Reneau are supporting TJD and JHS with 6-8-10 point. It was good to see Tamar Bates have a good game. Without him tonight's a 20 point loss.

The lack of speed and playmaking on Indianas roster compared to Miami is appalling. What’s really scary is Indiana I’m almost positive has better talent on its roster from a recruiting rankings standpoint compared to Miami.

Revisiting this thread. Just an update on a couple of Hoosiers with the impending draft. So far, amazingly Jalen Hood-Schifino is in most people top 20, somewhere between 12-20.
Trayce Jackson Davis, who I feel can play immediately, is anywhere from 25 to the end of the 2nd round.

Draft update, Jalen Hood-Schifino goes #17 to the LA Lakers. LeBron doesn't do young guys so it will be interesting to se what kind of shot he'll get there. I said from the jump he's not ready for the NBA and I just hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle. He's a bigger guard, so that helps, but I just don't see him being able to play NBA caliber talent night in and night out at this time. He's an ok shooter, and I don't know that he become an NBA 3 point shooter. He was a 33% college 3 point shooter, so he's not going to be a stand and shoot guy for LeBron. I'd say a year or two in the G league may be his best option.

And Trayce Jackson-Davis drops all the way down to next to last in round 2, but to the Golden State Warriors. I really feel this could be a steal for the Warriors. TJD goes to a team with alot of veterans, he's not going to be expected to do alot, but he can sit behind Draymond Green and really become that kind of player for a team that buys into the motion and passing. He rim runs so he's going to be an asset on the break, he's a good passer and a great defender. The NBA draft these days is so backwards. I mean a guy like TJD is ready to play moreso that even the #1 pick. I'm not saying TJD is going to be a better pro, but he's going to contribute right away there.

Warriors will be purging some expensive players from now through next summer. Already moved one in Jordan Poole. I'd expect one of Thompson/Wiggins to be gone soon.

Probably a good spot for a young guy as I think it's soon going to be Curry, Green, and one of the two wing players plus their younger talent (i.e. Kuminga) and draft picks. The early opportunity is going to be much better than when they drafted in guys like Kuminga and Wiseman.