2022-2023 Ohio State Basketball

Great information and I agree 100%, but I don't know why you and spirit454 entertain this bozo by responding to his uninformed opinions. I have this joker on ignore, so I really don't know what this idiot is typing but I'm guessing he doesn't have a clue about sports. ROTFLMAO! The ignore feature makes this site more tolerable if you ask me. Both y'all have a great day and even better 4th!
#truth

The fact that you think Aaron Craft had a better jump shot than Eric Snow just makes whatever argument you had null and void. The other players you mentioned on this list were elite athletes which Aaron Craft never was.
By stating this, you are saying that you can play PG at tOSU without being an elite athlete. Which is idiotic. You don't get to play D1 basketball a B1G program without being an elite athlete. That is all.

By stating this, you are saying that you can play PG at tOSU without being an elite athlete. Which is idiotic. You don't get to play D1 basketball a B1G program without being an elite athlete. That is all.
Ya I guess players like Tom Coverdale, Jordan Hulls, Matt Marinchick, and Jordan Bohannon are such great athletes.

Gotta be really athletic if you can't shoot. Aaron Craft was fairly quick and extremely strong for his size. I think he probably could have been a heck of a college football player as a safety if he had gone that route.

I remember back in the day reading that he bench pressed 185 pounds (NBA combine weight) around 25 times as a freshman at Ohio State. As a comparison, a similar sized (maybe a little leaner) kid in Gabe Cupps set a program record as an incoming freshman at Indiana during a recent workout putting up 17 or 18 reps. The most reps anyone has ever done at the NBA draft combine is 26.

Aaron Craft is lazy. That was literally his comment. Anyone that knows anything about Aaron is that is the exact opposite

Aaron Craft is lazy. That was literally his comment. Anyone that knows anything about Aaron is that is the exact opposite
And anyone those knows sports knows that Spartacus1987 is just a troll and doesn't know squat about sports. He/She/Them couldn't make the team in hs. ROTFLMAO.

Craft was not a great college player, he was ok. If he were a great college player he would have got a look at the NBA which I don’t believe he ever made an NBA basketball roster. He was a guy that played super hard and took advantage a lot of times against people’s mental lapses and carelessness with the basketball and against the better teams he had a hard time keeping people in front of him. I mean 2/4 of his playing years he gave up game winning baskets in the final game to the opposing team.

That’s not even mentioning the fact that his jump shot if anything got worse as time went on and he probably had the worst jump shot I’ve ever seen from a division 1 college player. That just reeks of laziness on his end because it doesn’t take talent to become a great jump shooter.
We can all have our opinions of Craft. I think anyone who is unbiased would agree he was an awful shooter, but had the heart of a lion, was a tremendous defender and great ball handler and passer.

My first memory of him was early in his freshman year he came off the bench when OSU was struggling against a press (Florida I think) and he single-handedly calmed things down and consistently broke the press via the dribble. He can be my PG any time.

He was a GREAT college player, but not a pro prospect, which is fine. Calling him just "ok" shows your bias, for whatever reason. Accomplishments are below to refresh your memory.
Calling him lazy is just ignorant.

We can all have our opinions of Craft. I think anyone who is unbiased would agree he was an awful shooter, but had the heart of a lion, was a tremendous defender and great ball handler and passer.

My first memory of him was early in his freshman year he came off the bench when OSU was struggling against a press (Florida I think) and he single-handedly calmed things down and consistently broke the press via the dribble. He can be my PG any time.

He was a GREAT college player, but not a pro prospect, which is fine. Calling him just "ok" shows your bias, for whatever reason. Accomplishments are below to refresh your memory.
Calling him lazy is just ignorant.
Calling him lazy is far from ignorant, you’re only exposing your own ignorance in that regard. The guy did not put in the work to become a better jump shooter, that is lazy.

Sometimes I feel like Craft was a guy that was handled with kids glove by the OSU fan base because he was a white guy that played really hard. He’s not even close to being a top 5 point guard in OSU history.

Calling him lazy is far from ignorant, you’re only exposing your own ignorance in that regard. The guy did not put in the work to become a better jump shooter, that is lazy.

Sometimes I feel like Craft was a guy that was handled with kids glove by the OSU fan base because he was a white guy that played really hard. He’s not even close to being a top 5 point guard in OSU history.
I doubt Craft ever slacked on anything at OSU. Some guys just never become good shooters no matter how hard they work. Shaq worked and worked and worked on his foul shooting for decades and could never be good at it. He certainly wasn’t lazy and he made up for it in many other ways on the court, of course. So did Craft. He was never a great shooter, but he was very valuable to his team because he did everything else well. And there is a quality he had that not all players have…the ability to make the players around them better, by knowing their strengths and making the game easier for them.

Wow. So the guy who is the school's all-time Assists leaders and Steals leader is "not even close to being a top 5 point guard". LOL.

Both categories he is a landslide leader. Assists 694 to Jamar Butler's 579, other 4 year starters all at least 160 behind him. Steals 337, nobody within 120.

I would certainly say a few guys with less than 4 seasons were better point guards (Conley, Russell, Penn). Plus I'd probably add Burson in the top 4. Of those 4 guys only Penn could defend a lick, and Craft's intangibles were off the charts. Craft is probably in the 5 to 8 range all time, with Ransey, Butler, and maybe Baker. Not sure why you hate him, but your view is really skewed.

I doubt Craft ever slacked on anything at OSU. Some guys just never become good shooters no matter how hard they work. Shaq worked and worked and worked on his foul shooting for decades and could never be good at it. He certainly wasn’t lazy and he made up for it in many other ways on the court, of course. So did Craft. He was never a great shooter, but he was very valuable to his team because he did everything else well. And there is a quality he had that not all players have…the ability to make the players around them better, by knowing their strengths and making the game easier for them.
Shaq was the epitome of lazy and he even admitted to it later on. Luckily for him he’s probably the most talented NBA player of all time.

Wow. So the guy who is the school's all-time Assists leaders and Steals leader is "not even close to being a top 5 point guard". LOL.

Both categories he is a landslide leader. Assists 694 to Jamar Butler's 579, other 4 year starters all at least 160 behind him. Steals 337, nobody within 120.

I would certainly say a few guys with less than 4 seasons were better point guards (Conley, Russell, Penn). Plus I'd probably add Burson in the top 4. Of those 4 guys only Penn could defend a lick, and Craft's intangibles were off the charts. Craft is probably in the 5 to 8 range all time, with Ransey, Butler, and maybe Baker. Not sure why you hate him, but your view is really skewed.
I don’t hate Craft, I hate that people try and prop him up to be something that he is not. I don’t care about stats, he played all 4 years at OSU. A lot of the best OSU players even back in the day only played for 3 tops.

Aaron Craft was a bulkier/more muscle bound guy that was also shorter.

Shortest wingspan and second shortest standing reach at the combine his draft year. He could probably work just about as hard as he wanted but he wasn't going to be better than an average shooter against pro caliber players with equal or better speed and much better length.

Aaron Craft was a bulkier/more muscle bound guy that was also shorter.

Shortest wingspan and second shortest standing reach at the combine his draft year. He could probably work just about as hard as he wanted but he wasn't going to be better than an average shooter against pro caliber players with equal or better speed and much better length.
Maybe not but the guy couldn't throw it in the ocean standing on a boat with nobody guarding him. I'm not kidding when I say I think he was the worst shooting PG i've ever seen.

Spartacus.png

E.J. Liddell signed a three year deal (team option last year) for $6.2 million with the Pelicans today. He tore his ACL in summer league last summer and sat on a two-way contract last year. Man's getting paid considering he was a mid-2nd rounder and is coming off of a major injury.

It’s not hate if it’s the truth. The fact that you believe otherwise outs yourself as knowing little about basketball lol.
:ROFLMAO:
Craft received some form of All Big Ten honors ever year at Ohio State. He played in all 148 games during his career while the Buckeyes went 119-29 and he started in 112 of those games. He was 86-26 as a starting PG. HE had tremendous college career and that fact that you hate him enough to deny that shows you have no knowledge of the game.

I don’t hate Craft, I hate that people try and prop him up to be something that he is not. I don’t care about stats, he played all 4 years at OSU. A lot of the best OSU players even back in the day only played for 3 tops.
Actually the top 5 OSU players in the assist totals all played 4 seasons. And 8 of the top 10 players with assist totals played 4 seasons and Craft leads them all.
IN the career steals category, 9 of the top 10 played 4 seasons and Craft leads all of them also.

:ROFLMAO:
Craft received some form of All Big Ten honors ever year at Ohio State. He played in all 148 games during his career while the Buckeyes went 119-29 and he started in 112 of those games. He was 86-26 as a starting PG. HE had tremendous college career and that fact that you hate him enough to deny that shows you have no knowledge of the game.
Your love for Aaron Craft blinds you. You don’t know basketball, not one bit.

Actually the top 5 OSU players in the assist totals all played 4 seasons. And 8 of the top 10 players with assist totals played 4 seasons and Craft leads them all.
IN the career steals category, 9 of the top 10 played 4 seasons and Craft leads all of them also.
I don’t see your point….. I literally just said Craft is so high in the statistic totals because he played 4 years at OSU. Then you add on that the other leaders also played 4 years. You are only helping my argument here.