2021 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See VASJ website under athletics and then viking schedule.
Looks like the CVCA, Lake, and Padua games are at Sparky and just the CCC game is at CWRU per VASJ.com. Arbiter has all games at CWRU and the Padua game at Wickliffe. Not sure what is accurate but we should find out hopefully soon

Last edited:
Getting back on topic, I just saw some highlights of the Fostoria vs St Joe's Championship Game in 1989. Some hard hitting that game.
Fostoria had Casey McBeth, who would rush for over 1000 yards twice for Toledo, and Derek Kidwell who would be named Mr Football in 1991
I recognized Petche and Splete. Who were the other Vikings stars that season?

Week 1 vs CVCA will be an eye opener. If VASJ hasn't gotten physically stronger and tougher Kyle Snider will absolutely run all over them. They will not face a tougher more physical running back all year.

Week 1 vs CVCA will be an eye opener. If VASJ hasn't gotten physically stronger and tougher Kyle Snider will absolutely run all over them. They will not face a tougher more physical running back all year.
Looks like Joe’s some big boys on the OL and DL this season. Something they’ve lacked for many years. Lets see how well they can hold up? Will be interesting to see come Friday.

Attachments

• 88F1C9C0-7336-4AA3-9D2A-67A5F2A51DA2.jpeg
    88F1C9C0-7336-4AA3-9D2A-67A5F2A51DA2.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 31
  • EEBB9E71-D159-4F98-8AA0-ADA8C7DAEA46.jpeg
    EEBB9E71-D159-4F98-8AA0-ADA8C7DAEA46.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 27
Game 1 of the Rotsky era is tonight as kickoff vs CVCA is slated at 7:30 from CWRU. Game will be live-streamed on NFHS.

VASJ starts the Rotsky era with a whomping of CVCA 44-12. Overall offense played well, defense had some moments where they blended but did not break and held CVCA’s great RB in Schneider. Joe’s offense scored on every single offensive possession they had and never looked back. The Vikes take on old NCL rival Holy Name at Serpantini Stadium in North Royalton next Saturday

Last edited:
In addition to VASJ’s win over CVCA. The Vikings leap into the News Herald’s top of the crop at #9 where they were unranked.

The Vikings have a key game this week against the Namers. Two teams looking to take a step up in 2021 plus the Green Wave has a schedule that can produce a lot of computer points.

The Vikings have a key game this week against the Namers. Two teams looking to take a step up in 2021 plus the Green Wave has a schedule that can produce a lot of computer points.

@Auggie I don't think with the expanded playoff format the points matter nearly as much as they used to.

Rotsky...... WINS! And to think, some schools wouldn't interview him. Must be content with their losing ways.
I think for a long time Joe’s has been trying to land Rotsky but didn’t succeed until recently when he resigned from Euclid. I have a hunch that this was planned when he resigned and Elvis was leaving the school.

Final from North Royalton:

VASJ 34
Holy Name 16

Vikings advanced to 2-0 on the year and will travel to Ashtabula to take on Lakeside next Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.