2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference...Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference title?

• Findlay

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Toledo St. Francis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo St. John's

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Benedictine for 10 sacks of Clark. They forced him to scramble probably 18-20 more times besides the sacks. Clark was credited with 26 carries on the night. That offensive line has to get better if they are going to be a good team.

Same line that played Hoban and St Eds, correct? Any injuries, players not there last night?

I had Benedictine for 10 sacks of Clark. They forced him to scramble probably 18-20 more times besides the sacks. Clark was credited with 26 carries on the night. That offensive line has to get better if they are going to be a good team.
Agree, no doubt. They have to get their ground game going so they do not have to throw 30 some times a night. Once Benedictine stopped the run last night it was over as the D simply pinned their ears back and flew upfield.

I am not making excuses for CC but they looked like a young inexperienced team who traveled 2 hours on a bus on one of the hottest nights of the year. They lacked focus and drive.

Their defense has dudes but needs to quick relying so heavily on the 2 off the edge concept so heavily.

Last edited:
This weeks games...
Findlay (1-1) vs. Bowling Green (0-2)
Fremont Ross (2-0) vs. Sandusky (2-0)
Lima Senior (1-0) @ Mansfield Senior (2-0)...CANCELLED
Oregon Clay (2-0) vs. Anthony Wayne (0-2)
Toledo Central Catholic (0-2) @ Olentangy Orange (0-2)
Toledo St. Francis (1-1) @ Toledo Start (0-2)
Toledo St. Johns (1-0) vs. Perrysburg (1-1)
Toledo Whitmer (1-1) vs. Springfield (0-1)

CC loses to Benedictine 24-14. Clark was running for his life all night. I know the Irish are playing top tier competition (which they should) and I understand they are young, but they lack a certain passion I have come to expect from Cherry St. Dropped balls. Shaking heads. Poor body language.

I think you would have to go back to the 90's to find the last time CC started a season 0-2 which says something about Greg Dempsey and what he has built.

With that said, I still think the Irish are the best team in the TRAC. They are young and have been thrown to the wolves and will only get better. By week 11 they will be a different team, no doubt.
They started 0-2 in 2015 after losing to Benedictine (on ESPN) and Hartley. They came back to go to the title game and lose to Hoban.

Not sure about the extent of the injury. Sadly it was bound to happen when you are playing both ways the entire game. Perrysburg’s numbers may be down but they did not have any kid playing both offense and defense last night.
Perrysburg has a few kids playing both ways. Not every snap, but several do play both ways. I think 1 or 2 play full time both ways.

They started 0-2 in 2015 after losing to Benedictine (on ESPN) and Hartley. They came back to go to the title game and lose to Hoban.
Worth mentioning, Hartley went on to take the D4 trophy. Central revenged against Benedictine in playoffs, winning in 2 OT and Hoban's only loss of the year was to Benedictine by quite a margin. Hoban themselves had to beat an otherwise unbeaten ASVSM a second time in order to continue and they barely did that. Wind blowing a different direction, it could have been any of them.

After seeing Findlay against AW and hearing accounts of the Perrysburg game what is evident to me is that Findlay has no true vertical passing game as yet. The only time they were able to time up routes was when they went sprint-out. Ireland is a legitimate deep threat but best wishes on getting the ball to him unless there is a scramble or break contain situation so sportsguy11 seems spot-on about route concepts. My understanding is that the QB (Roth) offered to be a wide-out but I can see why the staff opted to start off the year with someone with experience. Montgomery was listed at 255 as a frosh so he has put on two pounds if the Findlay roster is correct. I once saw him as a college guard but with the number of even-front defenses he will need to gain weight. At this time I do not see an impact collegiate edge rusher but I wish him well since he has lots of attention. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt with another new staff in that they will get better but so will everyone else unless injuries strike. If the 531 to 65 Perrysburg total yardage stat is true that is mind-blowing. Had AW mounted a passing attack that game could have been much different but AW was very limited.

They might get out executed but Lima isn't without decent size, speed, and depth correct?
Depth is occasionally a factor but probably not with Biggie as HC since he is an alum and has cred. They are going to pin back their ears and get after you defensively and are going to be tough. Execution is an issue as is the tendency to fall apart if they get behind by a couple of scores. If you don't jump on them early you are likely to have a dogfight on your hands.

“We have a lot of kids with 3.0s and high ACT scores. This senior group brings different things and as they go we are going to go.”

“We have a lot of seniors this year and out of the 28 I say about 10 of them have been playing varsity since they were freshmen so the seniors want to leave their mark as a good senior class,”

Offensively, the Spartans return eight starters and more importantly they bring back four of the five starters on the offensive line. Like the offense, the defense returns eight starters.

28 seniors would be impressive for a large public school. That is an amazing amount for a school like Lima Sr. They also added the top rusher from Lima CC to an already talented backfield.

Francis escapes Start 15-13

TCC beats Orange 28-0

Blake Lichtenberg rips out yet ANOTHER NLL team’s heart in the final seconds 28-20

do we have anymore scores?

Francis escapes Start 15-13

TCC beats Orange 28-0

Blake Lichtenberg rips out yet ANOTHER NLL team’s heart in the final seconds 28-20

do we have anymore scores?
Findlay with a freshman under center annihilates a horrible Bowling Green team 49-0
Anthony Wayne shows that Clay benefitted from playing two of the worst teams in the area in weeks 1 and 2, beating them 41-0 with no points scored in the 4th quarter.
Last I saw, Fremont was beating Sandusky 40-18 starting the 4th quarter

Whitmer (Springfield around here) and Lima Senior (Springfield around Dayton) play tomorrow

Ross beats Sandusky tonight, 47-18. Poochie enjoyed himself.
Hoo boy...that's a rivalry beat down. How bad were Sandusky's numbers? I know they went all online due to a crazy amount of cases, and they were the reason Springfield had to cancel their game last week with a few positives on the Streak's JV team.

Eds is always good, but after three weeks it would appear this years team is really good. They beat a 2-0 Mentor team 47-7 Friday. Benedictine appears to be darn good as well at 3-0.

CCHS walks through the TRAC. I will be surprised if anyone can keep it close.

Eds is always good, but after three weeks it would appear this years team is really good. They beat a 2-0 Mentor team 47-7 Friday. Benedictine appears to be darn good as well at 3-0.

The Mentor people are qualifying it. Apparently they were down a few linemen and an early injury to QB. We'll never know.

Earlier thread you had wondered how the Detroit urban publics seem to do it, whereas generally Ohio's don't beyond Glenvilles a decade ago. I checked today, they're still doing it. Cass with an overhaul in the coaching Dept. Ultimately, I think that's what it is. They have very good coaching. They can x and o with anyone. As well they have the Pick Central types, just outside the urban core in Belleview and River Rouge. Similarly in Muscegum, which MLK and Cass just beat handily, something they don't do regularly. Maybe I'll take in a game up there... We've probably not got too many quality games left around here.

That Rossford - Oak Harbor was a fun watch though. They ought to make those cheapskates in the houses pay or put up a big ol curtain.

Yeah, I see nothing in the TRAC that can compete with them (main reason why the publics are taking their ball and going home in two years).

the main reason the publics are taking the ball and going "home" has nothing to do with that or they would have left long ago.
Competitive balance/playing by their own rules has always been the issue...the "freedom of religion" gymnastics is what finally tipped the scales to action for the publics.

Competitive balance/playing by their own rules has always been the issue...the "freedom of religion" gymnastics is what finally tipped the scales to action for the publics.
"always"
Exactly. This was not what caused the departure. You may be an insider, I don't know. I'm not. I'm still of the impression it was disloyalty that caused the fracture, not tipped the scales. And only loyalty could bring it back. Vouchers are not going away. The publics are competing with open enrollment. How is it not an equal field now amongst the TRAC teams, except for the loyalty aspect? If there's a healing, it would have to start with an apology.

"always"
Exactly. This was not what caused the departure. You may be an insider, I don't know. I'm not. I'm still of the impression it was disloyalty that caused the fracture, not tipped the scales. And only loyalty could bring it back. Vouchers are not going away. The publics are competing with open enrollment. How is it not an equal field now amongst the TRAC teams, except for the loyalty aspect? If there's a healing, it would have to start with an apology.
I think egos of the people in charge are likely too big to get into the same room and have a real conversation. As with most things nowadays, it is far easier to scapegoat and move the goalsposts than try to find a solution that actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.