2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference...Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference title?

• Findlay

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Toledo St. Francis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo St. John's

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hearing Luke Montgomery tore his ACL at the P-Burg game??? Can any Findlay posters corroborate?

Perrysburg 28, Findlay 14
Fremont Ross 34, Toledo Start 6
Lima Senior-Toledo Rogers..Cancelled
Oregon Clay 31, Sylvania Northview 24
Cleveland Benedictine 24, Toledo Central Catholic 14
Upper Arlington 37, Toledo St. Francis 14
Toledo St. Johns 22, Anthony Wayne 20
Dublin Jerome 28, Toledo Whitmer 23

Fremont Ross 2-0
Oregon Clay 2-0
Lima Senior 1-0
Toledo St. Johns 1-0
Findlay 1-1
Toledo St. Francis 1-1
Toledo Whitmer 1-1
Toledo Central Catholic 0-2

Last edited:
Why in the world isn’t the Findlay frosh QB, who has multiple P5 offers, the starting QB? I saw their current starter only had 6 passing yards tonight. Does he have any offers, probably not. Bizarre situation over there.

Just saw on Twitter that next week's TYGERS/SPARTANS game is canceled. Mansfield Senior is looking for a game.
I'm still not sure to what extent we, assuming we because of next weeks cancellation, have a covid issue. Don't know if it's one kid, or a group..

Why in the world isn’t the Findlay frosh QB, who has multiple P5 offers, the starting QB? I saw their current starter only had 6 passing yards tonight. Does he have any offers, probably not. Bizarre situation over there.
Doesn’t matter who the qb is when your running for your life the whole game. They can’t run ball, have a hard time getting open due to awful route concept and line doesn’t provide a ton of protection in pass pro. Also the current starter is a 3 year starter.

No, they just hired him from the university of Findlay this season. Used to be Mohawk’s football coach. Lacks imagination, offense is so blah. Reminds me of a bad pee wee football offense.
Thanks.

I would tend to agree. That team has way too much talent and size to look the way they did last night. On top of that they are in awful shape. Roth is a player IMO as was evident last year. Montgomery might be highly touted but he looked bad at times, especially on offense. There were times where Roth was scrambling and Montgomery was jogging and could not pick up a block when he should have. On a couple jailbreaks where they have him go out to block the corner he whiffed. I know the kid has talent as is evident from videos I have seen of him at camps but he looks out of shape going both ways and poorly coached.

I’m hearing Luke Montgomery tore his ACL at the P-Burg game??? Can any Findlay posters corroborate?
Not sure about the extent of the injury. Sadly it was bound to happen when you are playing both ways the entire game. Perrysburg’s numbers may be down but they did not have any kid playing both offense and defense last night.

I'm still not sure to what extent we, assuming we because of next weeks cancellation, have a covid issue. Don't know if it's one kid, or a group..
I got a chance to watch Lima Sr. beat up on a bad Bowsher team and there were two kids that stuck out in a big way. Benton at slot/rb. That kid looks like he just has a different gear. And what about the Mosley kid (#8?) at DE? He looks to be about 6'4 225/230 and has some real skill at DE. If he does not have college interest yet he will soon.

No one has really talked about the Spartans but I see they have 28 seniors (most in TRAC) which is incredible for a public school of that size and they return 8 kids on each side of the ball. I realize it was Bowsher but Lima Sr. made the Blue Racers look like a poorly coached pee-wee team.

Not sure about the extent of the injury. Sadly it was bound to happen when you are playing both ways the entire game. Perrysburg’s numbers may be down but they did not have any kid playing both offense and defense last night.
I thought the same. Findlay has way too much depth to not two platoon or at least spell a guy like Montgomery several series on offense on what was the hottest night of the year.

I think Lichtenburg is dynamic but SJJ is an average team around him. Whitmer and CC are the top of the league with Fremont right behind in my eyes. I think Findlay has the talent of others but I’m not sold on coaching staff. They and SJJ will battle SFS for 4th while Clay and Lima Sr likely round out the league but both could pull an upset or two.

I thought the same. Findlay has way too much depth to not two platoon or at least spell a guy like Montgomery several series on offense on what was the hottest night of the year.
Update on the “injury”...No injury. Just gassed and leg cramps. Perrysburg student section was chanting “Overrated” pretty loud. Maybe got in his head.

I think Lichtenburg is dynamic but SJJ is an average team around him. Whitmer and CC are the top of the league with Fremont right behind in my eyes. I think Findlay has the talent of others but I’m not sold on coaching staff. They and SJJ will battle SFS for 4th while Clay and Lima Sr likely round out the league but both could pull an upset or two.
Lima Sr. returns 8 on offense and 8 on defense. The Spartans have 28 seniors. They have some speed and a very good DE. Not saying they will be champions but anyone sleeping on them would be foolish.

Update on the “injury”...No injury. Just gassed and leg cramps. Perrysburg student section was chanting “Overrated” pretty loud. Maybe got in his head.
Good to hear it was just a cramp. From my view it looked like they were checking his knee and he seemed to be down longer then other players who cramped

No, they just hired him from the university of Findlay this season. Used to be Mohawk’s football coach. Lacks imagination, offense is so blah. Reminds me of a bad pee wee football offense.
Not going to blame the OC here. He is coaching JV as well and those boys are clicking. Played well against AW and beat Perrysburg today. OC wants to make changes to Varsity but HC is not hearing it.

Not going to blame the OC here. He is coaching JV as well and those boys are clicking. Played well against AW and beat Perrysburg today. OC wants to make changes to Varsity but HC is not hearing it.
They need to make a lot of changes! My personal opinion(take it for what it’s worth) but I would be going 4 and 5 wide and spreading the ball out. Everything is in a box right now and there is no where to go. 2 or 3 man route concepts where the receivers are all in one area.
Also curious as to what changes he would be making. Personal? formations?

CC loses to Benedictine 24-14. Clark was running for his life all night. I know the Irish are playing top tier competition (which they should) and I understand they are young, but they lack a certain passion I have come to expect from Cherry St. Dropped balls. Shaking heads. Poor body language.

I think you would have to go back to the 90's to find the last time CC started a season 0-2 which says something about Greg Dempsey and what he has built.

With that said, I still think the Irish are the best team in the TRAC. They are young and have been thrown to the wolves and will only get better. By week 11 they will be a different team, no doubt.

From Troy Gingerich Twitter:
HSFB: Benedictine 24, Central Catholic 14, FINAL Irish start the season 0-2 for the first time since 2015. That year they also lost to Benedictine in the regular season and didn’t lose again until the State Championship game.

I had Benedictine for 10 sacks of Clark. They forced him to scramble probably 18-20 more times besides the sacks. Clark was credited with 26 carries on the night. That offensive line has to get better if they are going to be a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.