2021 Elder Football

This cannot be right? Only 2 Elder players named to the SW Ohio All District teams? I'm not even talking about 1st team. Only 2 Elder players on 1st, 2nd, or honorable mention. If I'm the head coach and AD, I'm calling someone for an explanation. This shouldn't sit right with anyone.

Doug Ramsey should have received Coach of the Year doing what they did with no talent. To put this in perspective, Sycamore who lost to division 5 Ironton had 3 players on the honorable mention team while Elder has none.

Drew Ramsey 1st Team Offense
Scott Nieman 2nd Team Offense

This cannot be right? Only 2 Elder players named to the SW Ohio All District teams? I'm not even talking about 1st team. Only 2 Elder players on 1st, 2nd, or honorable mention. If I'm the head coach and AD, I'm calling someone for an explanation. This shouldn't sit right with anyone.

Doug Ramsey should have received Coach of the Year doing what they did with no talent. To put this in perspective, Sycamore who lost to division 5 Ironton had 3 players on the honorable mention team while Elder has none.

Please tell me your kidding about Ramsey as Coach of yr. The SW District CoY also won the toughest League in Ohio and the D1 State Championship. You and the Cincinnati area Media think Elder has no talent? You really expect the AD to call the media for an explanation? Come on man, get real!

I’m not sure if you’re being facetious or not. They had talent, not a lot of D1, but some kids like Johnson, Wandstradt, Mitchell, Paff,etc are good high school players. They’ll play in college at the lower levels if they want.

Sorry. That was hyperbole. I think Elder had several players worthy of the recognition that didn't make the list. By the media opinion, Elder was not talented yet Elder was right there with X for 2 games.

Sorry. That was hyperbole. I think Elder had several players worthy of the recognition that didn't make the list. By the media opinion, Elder was not talented yet Elder was right there with X for 2 games.

Possibly Larkins and Cooper Johnson? Think any more for the SW District Team would be pushing it imo. Thomas missed a few games. Pretty large area and amount of players to pick from in SW District and most definitely have to consider the source.

Two seems about right to me. If it weren’t for Drew Ramsey this team would have probably lost at least two more games. For sure would not have gotten as far in the playoffs as they did.

Once you get to the District level, the cream starts to rise to the top, and it’s truly the top guys on the team getting recognized.

I don’t think there’s an argument for any Elder player to replace anyone on this list. Literally the offense ran through these two guys and the defense had holes everywhere.

MAYBE Hambleton, but no way he replaces McCaughey or Smoot. Those guys were the best in Ohio. Maybe next year for him.

not to get off topic. just saw moeller football coach caught recruiting by ohsaa. lol

jtk
()

not to get off topic. just saw moeller football coach caught recruiting by ohsaa. lol

jtk
()

Wow! If OHSAA caught and Punished the Moeller Football Coach for recruiting, whatever he was doing had to be blatantly obvious.

The consequences certainly won’t prohibit coaches from doing it again. Basically a slap on the wrist.

I still honestly don’t see the difference between recruiting in general to go to your school vs recruiting for sports. Most kids play some type of sport. They act like they’re independent of one another. It’s not up to the OHSAA to determine how important sports are in a kids life. Alot of times, sports saves and improves their livelihoods.

Wow! If OHSAA caught and Punished the Moeller Football Coach for recruiting, whatever he was doing had to be blatantly obvious.
its on cincinnati.com. he sent recruiting letters to 7th and 8th grade schools. and called coaches to get practice times. lol

jtk
()

its on cincinnati.com. he sent recruiting letters to 7th and 8th grade schools. and called coaches to get practice times. lol

jtk
()
Dumb a**. If you’re going to cheat, don’t leave a paper trail.

It looks like the only punishment was a public reprobation. A 1k fine? Wow, hitting the pocket books there. Oh and the unnamed coach had to send an email apologizing. Calling this a slap on the wrist would be way overselling it.

jtk
()

Just read it. Self imposed penalties is a total joke! Moeller AD saying a “learning experience” is downright hilarious! Last but not least asking for parents direct contact info is borderline creepy imo. Oh well, still think Moeller will be bottom of GCL for next few yrs anyways.

GO ELDER!!!

Just read it. Self imposed penalties is a total joke! Moeller AD saying a “learning experience” is downright hilarious! Last but not least asking for parents direct contact info is borderline creepy imo. Oh well, still think Moeller will be bottom of GCL for next few yrs anyways.

GO ELDER!!!
No, they’ll be back maybe by next year. Tons of Sophs starting this past yr and a really good Frosh team.

GO ELDER!!!
I'm sure the GMC and the other Div1 leagues are having a field day on this one. It is a slap on the wrist and making it public is a step in a direction that I haven't seen Montgomery Rd. get called out for by the OHSAA. Is this a first? Basketball aside, reaching out directly to coaches, how many coaches in the youth league got an email and what Moe coach attended the 1 practice. This type of crap doesn't happen in a tunnel without someone else at the school being asked about it or is the new coach playing dumb? Don't think that this isn't a reflection on the GCL around the state and I hope there are no ramifications to the other schools in the league. The city knows better than that because of the institutional control of Moe has always been a Q?

I'm sure the GMC and the other Div1 leagues are having a field day on this one. It is a slap on the wrist and making it public is a step in a direction that I haven't seen Montgomery Rd. get called out for by the OHSAA. Is this a first?
No. Moeller faced a similar punishment ($1000 fine) in the first or second year of the Bob Crable era (early 2000s). If I remember correctly, a Moeller coach handed out pamphlets at grade school football practices/games that were solely focused on Moeller’s athletics and didn’t mention Moeller’s academics.

No. Moeller faced a similar punishment ($1000 fine) in the first or second year of the Bob Crable era (early 2000s). If I remember correctly, a Moeller coach handed out pamphlets at grade school football practices/games that were solely focused on Moeller’s athletics and didn’t mention Moeller’s academics.
I do remember the pamphlet now that you say it.

I'm sure the GMC and the other Div1 leagues are having a field day on this one. It is a slap on the wrist and making it public is a step in a direction that I haven't seen Montgomery Rd. get called out for by the OHSAA. Is this a first? Basketball aside, reaching out directly to coaches, how many coaches in the youth league got an email and what Moe coach attended the 1 practice. This type of crap doesn't happen in a tunnel without someone else at the school being asked about it or is the new coach playing dumb? Don't think that this isn't a reflection on the GCL around the state and I hope there are no ramifications to the other schools in the league. The city knows better than that because of the institutional control of Moe has always been a Q?

Lack of Institutional Control is exactly what I thought of reading that article.

What is the difference between what Moeller did, and what Colerain does with the Little Cards program?

The Colerain head coach was probably not directly soliciting contact information of parents and kids. Elder has Junior Panther basketball, Panther lacrosse, and Panther wrestling all at Elder also. I don't know why Colerain/Little Cards would be any different than Elder/junior teams.

The difference is the basketball is an open tryout. Not the same
Lacrosse - only option on the westside and the facilities since the school programs had to many barriers to cross and expense was high.
Wrestling ^^^

Not a good comparison IMO but I see where you were going with it. The Moe issue was a violation of 3 things that you wont find in the options above.

The Colerain head coach was probably not directly soliciting contact information of parents and kids. Elder has Junior Panther basketball, Panther lacrosse, and Panther wrestling all at Elder also. I don't know why Colerain/Little Cards would be any different than Elder/junior teams.

I agree with this. Elder and other School Coaches probably don’t go to Youth Practices for the sole purpose of recruiting or talking to Tommy TDs mom and dad directly about their School/Sports program very often,if ever.

You are correct as a Moeller coach handed out athletic pamphlets in 2002 and got Moeller trouble for it. The link mentions that Moeller recruited at a pee wee football practice and sent out athletic pamphlets which solicited personal information according to rival school officials.

State Penalizes High School For Recruiting Violations (cleveland19.com)

You’d have to do some very hard convincing to prove to anyone that these teams don’t use sports as recruiting tools. Of course these teams are recruiting tools.

Im not saying anything is wrong with that, but just call it what it is. The rules are as dumb as some of the covid rules.

If Colerain runs the same playbook ( I know it is simplified for younger kids) How do they get it. I know Pee Wee Coaches aren't giving the plays to Varsity coaches. It is coming from Varsity and working its way down.