2021 D4 Outlook

Region 13-- Lake Catholic, Canal Fulton Northwest, Ursuline, Poland, and Perry should be tough teams in this region. Maybe even Hubbard if they drop to D4 again.

Northwest will lose their star QB to graduation. I think it's likely that they go back to being around .500 like they were before he got there. The PAC is always a difficult conference.

Northwest will lose their star QB to graduation. I think it's likely that they go back to being around .500 like they were before he got there. The PAC is always a difficult conference.

Exactly, NW has never lived up to the hype since joining the PAC. They can easily be 4-6 this year.

Ursuline, Lake Catholic and CVCA are the only teams that have a chance to come out of 13, Ursuline being the favorite.

Exactly, NW has never lived up to the hype since joining the PAC. They can easily be 4-6 this year.

Ursuline, Lake Catholic and CVCA are the only teams that have a chance to come out of 13, Ursuline being the favorite.
Cvca and Woodridge will be a key early game to watch in week 3! Should be a great game!!

Region 13-- Lake Catholic, Canal Fulton Northwest, Ursuline, Poland, and Perry should be tough teams in this region. Maybe even Hubbard if they drop to D4 again.

Region 14-- Van Wert, Clyde, Keystone should all be in decent shape this year.

Region 15-- Licking Valley, Bloom-Carroll have been dominant the last few years, I don't know much about this region so there's probably other schools.

Region 16-- Wyoming, Clinton-Massie, Valley View should all be in the mix too.

Let me hear your thoughts too!
Region 13- Ursuline will be very solid again, I am interested to see what Gecewich (spelling) does in year one at Perry. However, its Lake Catholic's to lose as they are the returning champs

Region 14- This will be Van Wert's to lost as they are return quite a bit, but their QB was instrumental for them and made plays when the calls weren't good, at least that is what I thought watching the title game. Clyde will return quite a bit to my knowledge, Keystone will have some great players, but they play a terribly weak schedule and I think it hurts them. Bellevue will be another to keep an eye on as well as Shelby who returns some niece pieces

Region 15- Yeah not sure about this, Licking Valley is usually solid and Bloom Carroll has been good as of late, so I'll agree here.

Region 16- If Massie is still d4, I like them this year. Wyoming will also be in the mix

Region 13- Ursuline will be very solid again, I am interested to see what Gecewich (spelling) does in year one at Perry. However, its Lake Catholic's to lose as they are the returning champs

Region 14- This will be Van Wert's to lost as they are return quite a bit, but their QB was instrumental for them and made plays when the calls weren't good, at least that is what I thought watching the title game. Clyde will return quite a bit to my knowledge, Keystone will have some great players, but they play a terribly weak schedule and I think it hurts them. Bellevue will be another to keep an eye on as well as Shelby who returns some niece pieces

Region 15- Yeah not sure about this, Licking Valley is usually solid and Bloom Carroll has been good as of late, so I'll agree here.

Region 16- If Massie is still d4, I like them this year. Wyoming will also be in the mix
R13 is Ursulines to lose, if they weren’t without their best 7 players they win state. Also return a lot more

I’m not sure. Van Wert has some really good skilled kids and their QB was top notch
Ursuline, when healthy, has/had a QB with D1 offers, 3 WR/DB with D1 offers(2 signed with FBS schools) and a bunch of others that will play at the next level. Van Wert was very good. It would if been a decent game but I think Ursuline wins.

Those players out for Ursuline were worth 28 points against Lake Catholic? Let’s not act like Ursuline was the only team in the state playing with Covid issues in the playoffs.
Starting QB was out. Starting Wr out. 1st and 2nd string RBs out. No one had the covid issue during the playoffs like the Irish did.

Those players out for Ursuline were worth 28 points against Lake Catholic? Let’s not act like Ursuline was the only team in the state playing with Covid issues in the playoffs.

yes absolutely, take any teams starting QB, WR,RBs and best OL and tell me how they do against any team who’s decent.

also cal preps has been garbage for 5 years don’t put stock into that.

Regardless that happened and they lost to Lake Catholic. I think if Ursuline and Van Wert played last season, it would have been a close game but I think Van Wert’s athleticism would have made the difference just like it did against Lake Catholic. However, I think Ursuline and Van Wert and most definitely the top 2 teams in D4 heading into 2021.

Last edited:
Hubbard has been D4 lately, they were d3 last season by one boy I believe
Hubbard was the cut off last year between D3-D4. However, they should of been bumped down after OHSAA bumped West Geauga up to D3 on September 10 due to their merger with Newbury. Instead of evening out the divisions they kept Hubbard up in D3.

Regardless that happened and they lost to Lake Catholic. I think if Ursuline and Van Wert played last season, it would have been a close game but I think Van Wert’s athleticism would have made the difference just like it did against Lake Catholic. However, I think Ursuline and Van Wert and most definitely the top 2 teams in D4 heading into 2021.
Van Wert was "athletic" but we are talking about different types of athlete. VWs QB was legit. Like I said, close game but Ursuline wins. Is VW going to be as good this year without the QB?

Hubbard was the cut off last year between D3-D4. However, they should of been bumped down after OHSAA bumped West Geauga up to D3 on September 10 due to their merger with Newbury. Instead of evening out the divisions they kept Hubbard up in D3.
You’re correct I forgot all
About that wrinkle

Van Wert was "athletic" but we are talking about different types of athlete. VWs QB was legit. Like I said, close game but Ursuline wins. Is VW going to be as good this year without the QB?
I agree ursulines athletes across the board were unmatched. Reardon will pull more players as well the closer to spring/summer

They’ll have a different type of QB. A 6’4 190 junior who was a starter at DE. They return 3/4 WR, all league RB and entire OL offensively. Big losses for sure with QB/WR leaving but that’s why you play the games.

CM beat DeSales freshmen in 18 will be this years Senior Class , DeSales Freshmen won in 19 Junior Class ,
Their week 4 matchup should be a great one this year on the Varsity level.
This is will be good one for sure, Desales in a good measuring stick to see how good of team you have on the field.