2021 D4 Outlook

I see Wyoming and CM on a crash course for R16 again. Valley View was senior heavy last year and losing all 3 good coaches will be tough to overcome. Indian Hill may make some noise but not sure they have enough on the roster to get by CM or Wyoming.

I see Wyoming and CM on a crash course for R16 again. Valley View was senior heavy last year and losing all 3 good coaches will be tough to overcome. Indian Hill may make some noise but not sure they have enough on the roster to get by CM or Wyoming.

And with Indian Hill, their record vs. Wyoming over the past 5 years is tough to overlook.

2019: Wyoming 21 Indian Hill 18 & Playoffs: Wyoming 27 Indian Hill 7
2018: Wyoming 37 Indian Hill 7 & Playoffs: Wyoming 20 Indian Hill 17 OT
2017: Wyoming 31 Indian Hill 24 & Playoffs: Wyoming 25 Indian Hill 0
2016: Wyoming 34 Indian Hill 27 2OTs
2015: Indian Hill 19 Wyoming 14 & Playoffs: Wyoming 31 Indian Hill 14

So in the past 5 years Wyoming is 8-1 vs. Indian Hill including knocking them out of the playoffs 4 times. That's a bully in your backyard if you're IH.

Massie comes back pretty loaded. Lose 3 on offense, 1 off the defense, and a 1st team all-Ohio kicker off the special teams.

If CM can tighten up the defense, and stay healthy I can see them making a serious run.
Massie is again a playoff team for the up coming season. With Carter Frank returning on both sides of the ball, will help more on defense at OLB, Massie needs help on the back side their defense. Massie playing a D3 schedule with two D2 school this year, staying healthy is key.

CM has been willing to challenge themselves at the varsity level in non-league, but also at the younger levels for sure.
Massie 2021
Clarksville Clinton-Massie
08/20 N Unknown Opponent ()
08/27 A Cincinnati Anderson D2
09/03 H Middletown Bishop Fenwick D3
09/10 A Columbus St. Francis DeSales D3
09/17 A Harrison D3
09/24 A Goshen D3
10/01 H Mount Orab Western Brown D3
10/08 A Batavia D4
10/15 H New Richmond D3
10/22 A Wilmington D3

Massie 2021
09/17 A Harrison D3
09/24 A Goshen D3
10/08 A Batavia D4
10/15 H New Richmond D3
10/22 A Wilmington D3

Wow. Anderson, Col. DeSales, and Harrison are impressive adds to the schedule. I would be willing to guess, CM adds another playoff type team in Week 1. Who are CM's actual league games now? Goshen, Western Brown, Batavia, NR, and Wilmington?

Wow. Anderson, Col. DeSales, and Harrison are impressive adds to the schedule. I would be willing to guess, CM adds another playoff type team in Week 1. Who are CM's actual league games now? Goshen, Western Brown, Batavia, NR, and Wilmington?
CM plays Goshen, Western Brown, Batavia, NR, and Wilmington in the SBAAC league, has for week 1 game, wouldn't surprise me if they did pick up another play-off type team. Looking at Arbiter week 1 games are not looking good. Waverly pick up Miami Trace, Waverly give Massie all they could handle. other teams open for week 1 Lake Catholic, New Bremen, or maybe someone from northern KY, Cov Catholic. most cases travel would be the problem. I would love to see some D4 R16 teams play early season games CM/Wyoming VV/Indian Hill.

CM plays Goshen, Western Brown, Batavia, NR, and Wilmington in the SBAAC league, has for week 1 game, wouldn't surprise me if they did pick up another play-off type team. Looking at Arbiter week 1 games are not looking good. Waverly pick up Miami Trace, Waverly give Massie all they could handle. other teams open for week 1 Lake Catholic, New Bremen, or maybe someone from northern KY, Cov Catholic. most cases travel would be the problem. I would love to see some D4 R16 teams play early season games CM/Wyoming VV/Indian Hill.

Lake Catholic and New Bremen would both be quality out OOC games.

all good points, except CM would get run by Cov Cath.; as would any Ohio D4 team, including by beloved Wyo Cowboys.

Lake Catholic getting the Ignatius JV QB Jaxon French as a transfer is a big time get for the Cougars. Things in D4 Reg 13 just got a little bit more interesting. The kid fits their offense really well and if you can believe it, he is a better athlete than they had last year at QB.

Lake Catholic getting the Ignatius JV QB Jaxon French as a transfer is a big time get for the Cougars. Things in D4 Reg 13 just got a little bit more interesting. The kid fits their offense really well and if you can believe it, he is a better athlete than they had last year at QB.
I can’t put stock into a Jv player until they see real game action. Looks good on paper tho I guess

He was their starting QB at the beginning of the season.

He also started as a freshman for a very talented playoff Padua team. He has more varsity experience than just about anyone against very high level teams. Lake Catholic filled a huge hole with this kid.

He also started as a freshman for a very talented playoff Padua team. He has more varsity experience than just about anyone against very high level teams. Lake Catholic filled a huge hole with this kid.
Time will tell us all I’m saying not discrediting if he’s good or not

Sounds like he is trying to play for every Cleveland area Catholic during his career ?. Usually when a kid has transferred to three different high schools during his career there are usually some red flags.

Lake Catholic will be good again this season. Not exactly sure what they're getting with transfer QB. Hard to replace Malchesky (QB/DB), most nights he was the best player on the field on O and D. LC has a very talented coaching staff, possibly one of the best in D4. That being said, I think Ursuline is the team to beat in R13.

Massie 2021
09/17 A Harrison D3
09/24 A Goshen D3
10/08 A Batavia D4
10/15 H New Richmond D3
10/22 A Wilmington D3
Quite a non conference schedule to say the least!

Quite a non conference schedule to say the least!
I'm pumped about OOC games, really think the Desales game will show CM where they stand and what needs to be addressed as they go into the league and into the playoffs. As riverman stated earlier, staying healthy will be key, CM finished the season with 5/6 back ups in starting positions. Which poses the question of, too brutal of a schedule/ scheduling talented teams to prepare for a run in the playoffs? Especially going into a league that's been mediocre at best (even though i think it got better last season, but that's another thread).

Arbiter shows Kettering Fairmont as the jamboree game, but still needing a game 1. Not sure what's left out there, but in typical fashion we are waiting till the last minute.

Very athletic offensive line, who do you see the cowboys grooming to be QB this year?
quad hauer. started as a freshman at DE. had double-digit tackles against massie. has 3 years to grow, and, let's face it, handing off to CJ hester is an easy way to grow!

quad hauer. started as a freshman at DE. had double-digit tackles against massie. has 3 years to grow, and, let's face it, handing off to CJ hester is an easy way to grow!
Just watched the HUDL stuff for Wyoming and the Randman kid seems to have some potential watching his sophomore stuff. Hauer doesn't have any highlights throwing. QB battle perhaps?

I remember him, very good ball player especially for a freshman! Watched Hester wrestle also, well rounded athlete!

Just watched the HUDL stuff for Wyoming and the Randman kid seems to have some potential watching his sophomore stuff. Hauer doesn't have any highlights throwing. QB battle perhaps?
maybe. randman had a successful JV season on a team that threw a lot. also, cole ogara played qb on JV 2 years ago and the team was undefeated. so 3 good options for wyo.

Probably Hauer. Bigger, stronger, faster. Will run the ball more effectively than his competition for the spot. Hauer played QB in middle school and was good. Tough spot for the coaches as Hauer was fantastic on defense as a freshman but QB is so important. Would be an ideal spot for someone to land in. Very good line and a very good running game.