2020 SWBL Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve actually heard this week that a couple of 7 on 7’s are going to happen, Shawnee plays in one at the end of July in Richmond (Indiana) and the Eaton one with all the Preble county schools with a few others, was surprised to hear this because I was thinking we wouldn’t see any 7 on 7 this year at all.

I’ve actually heard this week that a couple of 7 on 7’s are going to happen, Shawnee plays in one at the end of July in Richmond (Indiana) and the Eaton one with all the Preble county schools with a few others, was surprised to hear this because I was thinking we wouldn’t see any 7 on 7 this year at all.
That's a positive sign and I'm glad to hear that.

I think there will be football. I wouldn’t be surprised if they give out masks at the gate though. When they sent us back to work we have to put on a new mask and get our temperature taken before we are allowed to enter the facility. Our plant has 300-400 employees on each shift so I can see something like that be implemented. Buy a ticket, receive a mask. I’d imagine by late August the amount of masks that would have been produced will be more than enough to fill the needs for school districts

2021 schedule.
Milton-Union
08/28 H National Trail
09/04 H Open (Valley View?)
09/11 H Open (Oakwood?)
09/18 A Lehman Catholic
09/25 A Troy Christian
10/02 H Miami East
10/09 H Covington
10/16 A Bethel
10/23 H Northridge
10/30 A Riverside

Shawnee being the 2nd smallest school in the league is the main reason why they are leaving. I’m sure they weren’t fans of playing crossover games against D3 teams like Monroe and Franklin. They also pick up some natural rivals in Preble county schools TVS and TCN. Travel will be a bear to some other schools though. With the league change and the expansion to 12 playoff teams look for Shawnee to earn their first playoff berth in school history sooner rather than later.

My hope is those two threads talking about Covid-19 all the time go away, my god it’s always 1st and 2nd on the list, someone needs to show DeWine all the doctors and scientists we have here on yappi in those two threads.

The big attention on COVID is a liberal political stunt. It’s a virus that is as bad as the common flu. Let the kids play ball. Just my opinion. Shawnee was in the CCC before the SWBL, right? What made them leave the CCC back then?

The big attention on COVID is a liberal political stunt. It’s a virus that is as bad as the common flu. Let the kids play ball. Just my opinion. Shawnee was in the CCC before the SWBL, right? What made them leave the CCC back then?
Believe it or not the travel is the reason, but the SWBL was smaller back then and only ten teams in the league.I think getting in a league with Eaton back then helped also. When Eaton moved to the big side of things it kinda took some fun out of the league for Shawnee.

Last edited:
For those of you that didn’t hear, Madison has suspended all school activities independently. According to Governor Dewie Butler and Hamilton are level 4 as of low. He wanted to wait a week and reevaluate the situation before raising it a level

They did not compete very well back then. I recall three easy wins we could always count on, Mississinawa Valley, Newton (basketball only) and Preble Shawnee. That is not the same now I am sure.

For those of you that didn’t hear, Madison has suspended all school activities independently. According to Governor Dewie Butler and Hamilton are level 4 as of low. He wanted to wait a week and reevaluate the situation before raising it a level

I saw that, too. Weird that they are the only district in the county to make that decision.

Sadly I think you’re right but basketball starts after November 4th so covid should be all clear by the 5th
Nothing will have changed. Virus still multiplying and killing folks. No vaccine. We need to keep life normalized but learn to deal with the situation.

Not really Madison got busted for having full practices since the reopening seems like some big trouble headed Madison’s way and it ain’t covid.
It was not long after baseball activities were allowed again, I remember seeing pictures of a high school baseball game posted that was being played at Madison high school. I'm not saying that any rules were broken, but I was really surprised when I saw it. It was VV vs. Madison. They were wearing the schools uniforms, but I believe technically this league was not through the school system.

Not really Madison got busted for having full practices since the reopening seems like some big trouble headed Madison’s way and it ain’t covid.

That could be true, but they shut down all activities including youth baseball and softball. It's not just football it's all school facilities are closed to all programs. Superintendent said it was in response to Dewine saying the county was on the verge of bumping up to Purple on his Covid scale.

I think that anyone expecting a full slate of games happening is delusional. What is going to happen is that a school, or some schools, here in OH will have an outbreak this fall and we will be going back to distance learning if not full lock down.

Number of deaths in the US from flu = avg 36,000
Number of deaths in the US from COVID = 140,888 and climbing

But I am sure that BlessEmAll is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.