2020 La Salle Lancers

Come to Massillon and check everything about the program (eg.: stadium, indoor practice facility, pressbox preferred, indoor seating, etc.) including the state champioship trophies, that no school has come close to equaling!

Trophy's as voted on not won, by the corrupt AP Pollsters(maybe i can check out your 1972 and 2019 "trophy's" also, LOL

Trophy's as voted on not won, by the corrupt AP Pollsters(maybe i can check out your 1972 and 2019 "trophy's" also, LOL

Our "opinions" mean NOTHING, and poll champions have been recognized in other sports, by the governing athletic associations, before playoffs. Then of course playoffs aren't the perfect system either, as number of participants, statewide seeding (leaving out higher ranked teams for weaker teams in strong / weak regions) question their validity. Of course all that was addressed in the article links I posted from the Massillon Booster Club.

Please, list any team during the poll championship years that Massillon ducked and their record and opponents, that validate your position that they should have been champions, during those years?!

Those links described how poll winner scheduled any team (even if it was a scrimmage) that challenged their title and the coaches and players that validated those championships

Massillon fans understand trolls like you KNOW, that you have to attempt to tear down the Massillon tradition because you're too far behind to catch up!

So your attempts are amusing because you're arguments will NEVER be relevant (post your source that vacates poll champions and names alternate champions), anymore than further making a fool of yourself, attacking poll championships won by Rockne, Wilkinson, Bryant or Hayes.

Last edited:
Hey guys this is A La Salle thread it is not a La Salle versus Masillon do over that we’ve seen for the last year and a half get over it and if you can’t talk La Salle then get off the thread

OK so they don’t have a 10th game now or did they sneak one in that I didn’t see. How do the 0L & DL line stack up. Let’s go back to football instead of that other BS that you people keep wanting to talk about it has no bearing on 2020 regular season

We can only speculate at this points. I think it's guaranteed we will play the three other GCLS schools. I also believe we will play Cathedral Prep since we signed a new four year deal with them. I also think we will play Winton Woods since we recently signed a four year deal with them.

Here is my suggested schedule
Week one - keep Lakota West
Week two - keep Winton Woods
Week three - St. Xavier
week four - Elder
week five - keep Cathedral Prep
week six - keep Moeller

Last edited:
We can only speculate at this points. I think it's guaranteed we will play the three other GCLS schools. I also believe we will play Cathedral Prep since we signed a new four year deal with them. I also think we will play Winton Woods since we recently signed a four year deal with them.

Week three - St. Xavier
week four - Elder
week six - keep Moeller
Like you say it’s only speculation / scuttlebutt has it that a lot of teams are only going to be playing in conference only

So much for La Salle versus Lakota West if they even play at all

Per @ColerainAD the GMC has voted for a league only schedule. Weeks 3-8 of the original schedules will be moved to weeks 1-6 #cincyfb @gmcsports

Week three - St. Xavier
week four - Elder
week six - keep Moeller

Winton Woods is in the Eastern Cincinnati Conference now. The ECC is playing a 6 game league only schedule. It looks like Lasalle needs to find a week 1 and week 2 opponent.

My hunch is DeWine says no games against out of state opponents ony with Ohio teams. All four GCLS schools have games with Cathedral. Indiana is one of only 13 states that have not altered their football schedules

This is ridiculous that the football season has to come to this. There is no reason the season shouldn’t be played as it is suppose too. This all blown out of proportion because of a virus that is no worse than the flu and a 99.8 percent survival rate. Shouldn’t be up to DeWine who gets to play, let the parents of each Kid decide if they want their kid to play. Can’t believe we are being so controlled for something so stupid. Biggest hoax of 2020.

Winning AP polls is all that matters to Massillon, I like your chances of winning another AP poll this year.

Just heard that LaSalle could possibly playing Harrison week 3 now. Still in the works
Harrison's schedule shows SWOC games only. In week three they are schudled to play Mt. Healthy, a SWOC member. Mt. Healthy's web site now shows Mt. Healthy starting the school year 100% remove until at lease 9/20 which would rule out them playing Harrison in week three on 9/11. I could see Harrison playing La Salle in week three since everyone now makes the playoffs.

Last edited:
Harrison's schedule shows SWOC games only. In week three they are schudled to play Mt. Healthy, a SWOC member. Mt. Healthy's web site now shows Mt. Healthy starting the school year 100% remove until at lease 9/20 which would rule out them playing Harrison in week three on 9/11. I could see Harrison playing La Salle in week three since everyone now makes the playoffs.
The talks of it just started yesterday so it’s in the early stages if anything does happen.

I graduated in the 1980's from LaSalle.

Just for Massillon 82, that was the era that Moeller beat Massillon for state championships, but before X and LaSalle beat Massillon for state championships.

Still waiting for and era when Massillon beats ANYONE for a state championship:)

Leave those folks alone. They're like bed bugs ... when you're rid of them, try to stay rid of them.

It's all falling in place now for the Lancers.
Week 1 would be Elder since Gahanna cancelled on them
Week 2 would be St. Xavier since the Colerain game is out for them
Week 3 - possibly Harrison since Mt. Healthy is out for them
Week 4 - Dupont Manuel
Week 5 - Cathedral
Week 6 - Moeller

Week 4 - Dupont Manuel
Week 5 - Cathedral
Week 6 - Moeller
I’ve heard that is also the possible schedule as well some gcl games might be a different week then what we have here but these are the most likely opponents.

Harrison is the playing league only. Cathedral is still in the schedule for now, although not sure the week. I’m pretty sure X week 2 is correct.

Harrison's week three league opponent Mt. Healthy is out. Cathedral is definitely week five for four years. Only two home games for the Lancers, X in week two and Moeller in week six. Of course, if we win most of these games, we could get a lot of home playoff games. I've read that the higher seed gets the home game through the regional final, that could be five home games in the playoffs.

Week 4 - Dupont Manuel
Week 5 - Cathedral
Week 6 - Moeller
With that LaSalle schedule when does Moeller play Elder?

1597428848460.png