2020 Cleveland Browns

I know the sports world is defunct of anything of relevance right now, but for the life of me I dont know why people waste their time watching and reading the mock draft stuff.

Just boggles my mind....

I know the sports world is defunct of anything of relevance right now, but for the life of me I dont know why people waste their time watching and reading the mock draft stuff.

Just boggles my mind....

We're Browns fans. As such, there's usually no other high point in the NFL year than the draft.

Last edited:
From SI:

10. Cleveland Browns: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Thomas is just an -kicker, straight up. The Browns are in an excellent position to fortify their offensive line after leaving it glaringly threadbare in 2019. The signing of Jack Conklin in free agency got them halfway there. Thomas gives them versatility in the running game and some clear lanes for Nick Chubb to run behind.

Analytics folks love trading back for draft capital, the only issue is the position run that would make a team over pay to move up, OT, is the same position of need for the Browns. I could see the Browns moving back to grab additional picks then blowing it by taking the best player available which is either going to be a WR or CB in the mid 1st round, two positions that are not of immediate need at this point.

Analytics folks love trading back for draft capital, the only issue is the position run that would make a team over pay to move up, OT, is the same position of need for the Browns. I could see the Browns moving back to grab additional picks then blowing it by taking the best player available which is either going to be a WR or CB in the mid 1st round, two positions that are not of immediate need at this point.

Unless they have something brewing to bring in a veteran LT, I think they would be insane to pass up a draft board that is so potentially rich in talent at a position of real need. They can have a player that can anchor the line at that vital position for a decade, or more. In fact, Simmons is the only player in the predicted top 10 that I would take over one of the offensive lineman, but I seriously doubt if he will drop that far..

I am not averse to them moving up to get the tackle they have as number 1 on their board. Based on team needs, they could see 2 or 3 tackles go in front of them. I'd prefer them to use some picks to move up to get the guy they think is the best than to sit back and see Wirfs, Wills and Thomas go ahead of their pick. I'm with bedevil in my thought that Simmons is the only one that changes the focus on tackle.

I am not averse to them moving up to get the tackle they have as number 1 on their board. Based on team needs, they could see 2 or 3 tackles go in front of them. I'd prefer them to use some picks to move up to get the guy they think is the best than to sit back and see Wirfs, Wills and Thomas go ahead of their pick. I'm with bedevil in my thought that Simmons is the only one that changes the focus on tackle.

Trading UP, hell yes. Trading the pick to stockpile picks later in the draft, hell no! Still, I think standing pat at 10 will still yield them a viable player at a position of need. I hope it's a left tackle.

Trading UP, hell yes. Trading the pick to stockpile picks later in the draft, hell no! Still, I think standing pat at 10 will still yield them a viable player at a position of need. I hope it's a left tackle.

Agreed. There should be plenty of talent left at 10. It's yet to be seen if this group can identify talent.

A lot is going to depend on what the Giants, Cardinals and Jags do. They could all use a tackle. If that happens, the Browns could be faced with the option of picking a guy they deem as the 4th best tackle or a guy who has fallen due to a run on tackles and QBs. In that scenario, you could potentially end up with a choice of tackle #4 and a guy like Derrick Brown. DT isn't a position of need, but that would make things interesting.

Last edited:
I am now hearing that the Lions are throwing a ton of smoke out there about #3. SI has them picking Simmons yet CB is the real position of need with a stud from a school that produces proven players at the position staring them in the face. I am guessing they really want to trade back a couple spots and are trying to create as much demand as possible. But then again trades will be tough though this year with all the social distancing rules in place. One thing is certain about the draft, the ratings will be incredible and the NFL will dominate the news cycle for days.

I am now hearing that the Lions are throwing a ton of smoke out there about #3. SI has them picking Simmons yet CB is the real position of need with a stud from a school that produces proven players at the position staring them in the face. I am guessing they really want to trade back a couple spots and are trying to create as much demand as possible. But then again trades will be tough though this year with all the social distancing rules in place. One thing is certain about the draft, the ratings will be incredible and the NFL will dominate the news cycle for days.

They are in a decent spot to be able to field offers from teams looking to move up for Tua. I think the Lions and the Rams will get a lot of calls.

They are in a decent spot to be able to field offers from teams looking to move up for Tua. I think the Lions and the Rams will get a lot of calls.

I've seen most mocks have the Lions taking Jeff Okudah. I know that doesn't mean anything, mocks are about as reliable as horoscopes, but I think they need a shutdown corner and Okudah is the best of the bunch. I will concede, though, the Lions are the wild card of the top 10 teams.I think everyone else is positioned well to get a player they need to fill a gaping hole. The Giants could make things interesting, too.

I've seen most mocks have the Lions taking Jeff Okudah. I know that doesn't mean anything, mocks are about as reliable as horoscopes, but I think they need a shutdown corner and Okudah is the best of the bunch. I will concede, though, the Lions are the wild card of the top 10 teams.I think everyone else is positioned well to get a player they need to fill a gaping hole. The Giants could make things interesting, too.

I think the Giants pick is important to the Browns as they could start the run on tackles.

The draft really starts at #3 with the Lions, so many things can happen there. After that it becomes about how do the QBs get sorted out and does someone reach for Love like Gettleman did with Jones LY. Gettleman also seems all in with his QB so I really could see him going with an OT at 4 or moving back a couple spots and still get his OT. In that scenario The player that probably falls is Derrick Brown as the Panthers may go local w/ Simmons to fill a need and to sell tickets.

The draft really starts at #3 with the Lions, so many things can happen there. After that it becomes about how do the QBs get sorted out and does someone reach for Love like Gettleman did with Jones LY. Gettleman also seems all in with his QB so I really could see him going with an OT at 4 or moving back a couple spots and still get his OT. In that scenario The player that probably falls is Derrick Brown as the Panthers may go local w/ Simmons to fill a need and to sell tickets.

Simmons makes sense, especially with the Kuechly retirement. I hope the Browns stand pat and get the best LT available.

Also, there's some noise about the Browns having a strong interest in Clowney. I don't get it. He's Vernon all over again. Good, but injury-prone. Plus, he's asking for more than the Browns would pay Vernon. I think that would be an over-reach.

Simmons makes sense, especially with the Kuechly retirement. I hope the Browns stand pat and get the best LT available.

Also, there's some noise about the Browns having a strong interest in Clowney. I don't get it. He's Vernon all over again. Good, but injury-prone. Plus, he's asking for more than the Browns would pay Vernon. I think that would be an over-reach.

Would you prefer him over Vernon for the same money? If you could get him for $15.6, Vernon's tab, is it a worthwhile swap?

Would you prefer him over Vernon for the same money? If you could get him for $15.6, Vernon's tab, is it a worthwhile swap?
There might be a highly-incentivized short-term contract that makes sense for Clowney here. No bidding war stupidity, that is for sure. He's way past "potential" and into "show me" at his point. In his defense, he really didn't have a ton of games with Watt where both were >90%. healthy His play against the run in the NFL, as someone else said, has been consistently good, and that is a need.

The browns have money to burn right now. It isnt like the saved cap money rolls to next year. Go ahaed and pay Clowney and that immediately vaults them as contenders with Balt.

They can afford to blow the money, as Baker wont be commanding 30M plus for another couple of years, and in the meantime you can blow it on multiple guys.

The browns have money to burn right now. It isnt like the saved cap money rolls to next year. Go ahaed and pay Clowney and that immediately vaults them as contenders with Balt.

They can afford to blow the money, as Baker wont be commanding 30M plus for another couple of years, and in the meantime you can blow it on multiple guys.
Not true ... generally, leftover money can rollover to the next year ... so you don’t want to use it just to use it ... that said they should still try to sign Clowney if they get him at the right price.

Hot dam, made my first mistake of the year. Usually does not happen until August or so. Was not aware of that or the cap. Wth that said they should still sign him

My dream/semi realistic draft
1) Jedrick Wills OT - Alabama
2) Antoine Winfield S - Minnesota
3) K.J. Hamler WR - Penn St
3) Troy Dye LB - Oregon
4) Alex Highsmith DE - Charlotte
6) Jack Driscoll T/G - Auburn
7) Dalton Keene TE/FB - Virginia Tech
7) Malcolm Perry RB/WR - Navy

My dream/semi realistic draft
1) Jedrick Wills OT - Alabama
2) Antoine Winfield S - Minnesota
3) K.J. Hamler WR - Penn St
3) Troy Dye LB - Oregon
4) Alex Highsmith DE - Charlotte
6) Jack Driscoll T/G - Auburn
7) Dalton Keene TE/FB - Virginia Tech
7) Malcolm Perry RB/WR - Navy
I would love to get Delpit in the second but he probably won't last that long.

From SI:

10. Cleveland Browns: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Thomas is just an -kicker, straight up. The Browns are in an excellent position to fortify their offensive line after leaving it glaringly threadbare in 2019. The signing of Jack Conklin in free agency got them halfway there. Thomas gives them versatility in the running game and some clear lanes for Nick Chubb to run behind.
I've come around to agree. Initially, I favored Wirfs over Thomas, but the more I see of Thomas...the more I favor him. I like Wirfs and Thomas over Wills and Becton.