2019 OHSAA State Championship Games Attendance X-Factors

PA finals update:
1A 950
2A 5050
3A 4960
4A 3463
5A 2690
6A tomorrow night

This is actually an improvement for PA. Great weather and a few new schools and Southern Columbia brought a big crowd for 2A.

But in PA TV really kills attendance. But they're never going to do anything to stop airing the games live on PCN.

6A: 6,950

One of the largest crowds for 6A since going to six classes.

Psyko - can you get the attendance for the finals in Hawaii? Just as relevant to this thread.

I find interesting that saying Columbus does not want the Finals. Mafree Stadium is an option in Columbus. Ohio State is the only other option in Columbus. Say what you want but this weekend is for Big Ten Championship weekend. History has shown that Ohio State plays in the Big Ten Championship more than not- so the priority for OSU would be Buckeye Football not OHSAA State Championships. I have heard move the finals to Thanksgiving Weekend- That is Michigan Week now. OSU has to commit to hosting these games in advance so I have not problem making Buckeye Football more the priority than OHSAA State Championships. Mafree Stadium is still available and that would probably be the Columbus Crew willingness to host-currently they are in the process of building a new Stadium downtown so again the OHSAA is not their priority- they do host the Soccer State Championships 2 days in early November.
So when the new Crew stadium does open Mafree will be available for Sale I assume. Would the OHSAA make that investment - no because they would have to run the place and hire workers to run the place. Currently the OHSAA walks in town and facility hosting has to do all the work of providing workers and covering all bases that the OHSAA want covered. Yes the OHSAA runs the show but have no responsibility of each individual being in place to run the show. I worked at the Shot a few years back and have worked at the OHSAA Basketball Championships. Those days are long days and finding enough people to work those long days is difficult- Ushers do not what to work 12-14 hours a day and be on their feet for 10-11 of those hours for 3 days in row.
So if Canton is willing and they seem to be willing then the State Championships will stay their. Same can be said for Wright State for Volleyball.

Whatever Roadsnacks is, here is their rating ( I don't have much confidence when they say " Using data and science," but here it is, nonetheless):

personally like the games being in canton I’m a casual fan and attended the DVI game although I had some interest in NMspringfield being they are from region21 but otherwise no dog in the fight. Had this game been 2-3 hrs away I wouldn’t have attended. This was my first time going to a finals game and it was a good experience so what if tickets are $17 and parking is $10 small price to pay for good entertainment. This was the third playoff game I attended this year and only had interest in one that being the Salineville southern v Gloucester Trimble first round game which I drove 3 hrs to

In one of the local articles about Canton making an effort to get a long term deal for the Finals, it was suggested that the OHSAA is open to revising the schedule to include games on Sunday.

3 games on Friday, 2 each on Saturday and Sunday. Better or worse than the current set up?

In one of the local articles about Canton making an effort to get a long term deal for the Finals, it was suggested that the OHSAA is open to revising the schedule to include games on Sunday.

3 games on Friday, 2 each on Saturday and Sunday. Better or worse than the current set up?
If they stay where they are it won't help attendance.