2019 Mid-State League

Is Harvest Prep the best in the Ohio?

Can Bloom-Carroll withstand Jonathan Alder on Friday the 13th?

Can anyone stop FC and their monstrous run game? 731 yards, 10 touchdowns on the ground through seven quarters.
Bloom Carroll looks like the real deal on defense. This will be a good game that Bloom should be favored to win. Alder will need to get some turnovers or make some key stops on defense to have a chance. Bloom takes care of the ball they will have the edge.

Bloom Carroll looks like the real deal on defense. This will be a good game that Bloom should be favored to win. Alder will need to get some turnovers or make some key stops on defense to have a chance. Bloom takes care of the ball they will have the edge.

Agree about the BC defense. They are smallish but really athletic and run to the ball well. The offense hasn't hit it's stride yet but they started a bit slow last year also and really clicked the second half. Alder is a good program, so we'll learn a lot about BC this week.

Good stuff, WJ. I think Ready will need to play a lot better in the box than they did against WH when they play Prep.

AC and BC look like the two best teams in the Buckeye. I agree that between those two and Teays that no one is making it out alive and undefeated. Three-way tie for first, one loss each (eg AC beats BC, BC beats TV, TV beats AC.)

FC just needs to take it one game at a time. They know right now they’re at the top and everyone in the Cardinal is looking ahead to them. They’re going to take everyone’s best shots and BU is already prepping for them. Can’t take anything for granted, of course, but FC looks like the clear favorite if they play their A game and to their potential.
I think Berne Union may be sold short. I think they are capable of going four quarters with FC. They may not have the size and depth of talent last year had but they have the coaching. BU looks like they can finish top two this year. After this year I think the Cardinal is theirs to lose. Hurps and Snively are great coaches and they have the tools before them to just dominate the league going forward.

I would agree though that FC is the only Cardinal team who will make playoffs. That is a very good FC team.

Down year or not, HT will not be winless this season. 28-7 against Bexley.

Strange game. Bexley led 7-0 at the half. We scored 3 touchdowns within a 3-minute period in the second half based on special teams - a pick, and two bad Bexley snaps to their punter.

Style points don't matter, for tonight we sleep the sleep of the just. We need that beauty rest for our TV appearance at home next Thursday hosting BC.

The Fan-O-Meter says: "Hey, if the refs didn't see that heat lightning in the distance, then I didn't either!

I think Berne Union may be sold short. I think they are capable of going four quarters with FC. They may not have the size and depth of talent last year had but they have the coaching. BU looks like they can finish top two this year. After this year I think the Cardinal is theirs to lose. Hurps and Snively are great coaches and they have the tools before them to just dominate the league going forward.

I would agree though that FC is the only Cardinal team who will make playoffs. That is a very good FC team.
BU didn’t look it last night, I’m told.

Congrats to GCC Eagles on the win over Jefferson Twp! I saw also that Worthington Christian beat Danville; hmm!!!

I went to the BC-Jonathan Alder game last night. Very good game that was much tighter than the score would suggest. Jonathan Alder had a long, time consuming drive in the fourth quarter that put them up 21-13 with like 3 or so minutes left? JA played stellar defense/pass defense all night long. By no means did Kuhns play poorly, JA just had great defensive schemes in coverage and blitzing. That Alder team is the best team BC will see all year. Very good offensive line, great defense.

Teays Valley got demoralized at Canal. 56-0 at half. Ouch. Amanda won on the last play, at home, vs LU on a Hail Mary. FU, Circleville and LE all lost.

Zunardo: congrats to HT on the win. Regarding the lightning - new NFHS rule says the game can be played on if there’s no thunder and the lightning is determined to be low enough on the horizon. This made it possible for many games to be played with no interruption. Last night at BC, there was definitely visible “heat lightning” up toward the northern direction.

Regarding the lightning - new NFHS rule says the game can be played on if there’s no thunder and the lightning is determined to be low enough on the horizon. This made it possible for many games to be played with no interruption. Last night at BC, there was definitely visible “heat lightning” up toward the northern direction.

Thanks. I think that's a reasonable and safe amendment to the older rule.

Our officials called timeout and brought both coaches onto the field for a chat. Then an assistant principal came out, and we thought there'd been a lot of trash-talking, and the refs wanted to lay down the law to both teams. Then the ref mentioned the lightning thing, and the new rule, and it made sense.

Whew! Glad it didn't turn into a two-dayer. I was seeing intermittent heat lightning on the horizon from then until 11:30 last night.

BU didn’t look it last night, I’m told.

Congrats to GCC Eagles on the win over Jefferson Twp! I saw also that Worthington Christian beat Danville; hmm!!!
It may not matter. Berne Union’s starting qb #12 Nemeth the freshman I have been told by three different people suffered a hard injury to his leg against Nelsonville York and won’t be back until October. As for FC I saw them Saturday night and no idea how good they truly are. The game was played with 4 minute quarters in the second half. Never seen that before

Down year or not, HT will not be winless this season. 28-7 against Bexley.

Strange game. Bexley led 7-0 at the half. We scored 3 touchdowns within a 3-minute period in the second half based on special teams - a pick, and two bad Bexley snaps to their punter.

Style points don't matter, for tonight we sleep the sleep of the just. We need that beauty rest for our TV appearance at home next Thursday hosting BC.

The Fan-O-Meter says: "Hey, if the refs didn't see that heat lightning in the distance, then I didn't either!

Bexley really seems to have fallen on hard times. Are there any chances for a win on their schedule the rest of the season? LU maybe?

It may not matter. Berne Union’s starting qb #12 Nemeth the freshman I have been told by three different people suffered a hard injury to his leg against Nelsonville York and won’t be back until October. As for FC I saw them Saturday night and no idea how good they truly are. The game was played with 4 minute quarters in the second half. Never seen that before
That’s what we heard at the game last night. Horrible for the young man. Regardless, I think FC will take it by two scores. At least.

Bexley really seems to have fallen on hard times. Are there any chances for a win on their schedule the rest of the season? LU maybe?
LU maybe, but they played both BC and AC really tough. It may be Buckeye Valley. I heard that BV is going in reverse.

Tough times? EHHH. I’m not saying you’re wrong but Bexley has never been a power in football. They did have a really good run under John Smith making the playoffs a few times but after he left it was hard. It still is hard but Golden has the right idea on how to approach Bexley and building a football program that can reach the heights the Lions did under Smith and maybe further. But, everyone in the MSL knows he’s facing some hard challenges unique to Bexley. Although it’s a rich and geographically compact district, the extremes of those two factors are why Bexley can’t get a consistent, regional playoff contender built in football. Money— the overall affluence of the community renders them not enough families that sees contact football as a good investment in their sons, or at least as long of a time investment from winter to fall as it takes to build a winner. Geography— that district is so tight. I lamented to a few peers in the Columbus Catholic CYO “what if these football studs from St. Catherine Parish lived just a few streets further west?” They responded “Bexley would be getting kids that Hartley wishes they had.”

Bexley's only deltas that I could see having an impact this past Friday were conditioning (lots of cramping) and their long-snapping game. Maybe a lack of depth. They've certainly strong at QB and RB (Redmond was VERY impressive), and they have couple of demons on the D-line wreaking havoc.

Without those two bad snaps, game could have gone either way. Don't count them out yet.

Last edited:
Blah blah blah. FC hasn’t played anything more than a JV team at this point. They have some studs, but playing two shortened games will have them out of shape against BU. FC will take a close one, because that new RB is a stud. The hammer looms for the Irish though, and it’s not going to be a football team that drops it on them.

Here we go, some attention w***e trying to play hard- about Fisher’s schedule. I heard the same thing from a younger football alum at the BW3 and it’s the same jerking off that like three people who think they can complain loud enough keep harping on here and after the games.

Absolutely no one is saying “oh wow Fisher Catholic just played murderers row.” The coaching staff, the players and those whose actually know high school football can tell you that the last two weeks weren’t good teams. No one is making Crestline or Notre Dame out to be something they aren’t. Regardless the Irish have the second most Level 2 playoff points in their region right now after three weeks. You can’t give FC a bunch of undeserved crap on their schedule so far. These schedules are made three and four years in advance. I heard a bunch of whining crap Saturday night from a player on one of the “lost” FC teams in the early 2010’s to the effect of “if they were good they’d be playing Licking Heights or Bishop Ready.” Like no idiot, why should a school like FC schedule an opponent with a roster that outnumbers that of all the boys in the entire FC building? They tried that when Hurps was there and FC lost based on pure numbers. There’s at least two years where a Buckeye Valley or Whitehall (god bless those FC teams) won out in the end because of depth and it ended up screwing FC out of the playoffs. If it were possible somehow for a non league schedule to be written in June right before the season and therefore FC could have a Fairfield Union, Circleville or Liberty Union then yeah by all means. But you CAN’T do that! It’s not possible. Except for what happened with Millersport and Rosecrans dropping their seasons which allowed FC to schedule perennial playoff teams Lucas and Troy Christian. Unfortunately the AD’s at places like FC can’t see years into the future and try to craft what keyboard warriors and bitter 20-somethings think is the most appropriate schedule for a future football team. You can only play the games you have to date and you can only schedule the teams that are willing to play a team like FC where the year to year waves and wanes from a playoff points perspective exists AND a team that generally has to play on Saturdays. I can tell you there are decent and size appropriate programs in the Meigs County area that FC has tried to schedule in the past and they are met with “no thanks we don’t wanna play a private school in our region.” And funny enough I do believe the team they beat week 1 made the playoffs last year and five years ago that same school whipped FC in back to back years with what some fools think were the only good teams in recent memory “b’cuz they played bigger schools and tougher teams hurrr durr.”

Keep hating. What a life you must live to write behind a username on a message board to talk crap about teenagers, their teachers, their parents and even their clergy like you did all summer long and continue to do.

Boy, it's been years since I went to a game at Fisher Catholic, had to be 1981 or so, when Hamilton Twp first entered the Mid-State League. If memory serves, FC used Lancaster's stadium for home games at the time. Is that still the case or do they have their own stadium now.

Here we go, some attention w***e trying to play hard- about Fisher’s schedule. I heard the same thing from a younger football alum at the BW3 and it’s the same jerking off that like three people who think they can complain loud enough keep harping on here and after the games.

Absolutely no one is saying “oh wow Fisher Catholic just played murderers row.” The coaching staff, the players and those whose actually know high school football can tell you that the last two weeks weren’t good teams. No one is making Crestline or Notre Dame out to be something they aren’t. Regardless the Irish have the second most Level 2 playoff points in their region right now after three weeks. You can’t give FC a bunch of undeserved crap on their schedule so far. These schedules are made three and four years in advance. I heard a bunch of whining crap Saturday night from a player on one of the “lost” FC teams in the early 2010’s to the effect of “if they were good they’d be playing Licking Heights or Bishop Ready.” Like no idiot, why should a school like FC schedule an opponent with a roster that outnumbers that of all the boys in the entire FC building? They tried that when Hurps was there and FC lost based on pure numbers. There’s at least two years where a Buckeye Valley or Whitehall (god bless those FC teams) won out in the end because of depth and it ended up screwing FC out of the playoffs. If it were possible somehow for a non league schedule to be written in June right before the season and therefore FC could have a Fairfield Union, Circleville or Liberty Union then yeah by all means. But you CAN’T do that! It’s not possible. Except for what happened with Millersport and Rosecrans dropping their seasons which allowed FC to schedule perennial playoff teams Lucas and Troy Christian. Unfortunately the AD’s at places like FC can’t see years into the future and try to craft what keyboard warriors and bitter 20-somethings think is the most appropriate schedule for a future football team. You can only play the games you have to date and you can only schedule the teams that are willing to play a team like FC where the year to year waves and wanes from a playoff points perspective exists AND a team that generally has to play on Saturdays. I can tell you there are decent and size appropriate programs in the Meigs County area that FC has tried to schedule in the past and they are met with “no thanks we don’t wanna play a private school in our region.” And funny enough I do believe the team they beat week 1 made the playoffs last year and five years ago that same school whipped FC in back to back years with what some fools think were the only good teams in recent memory “b’cuz they played bigger schools and tougher teams hurrr durr.”

Keep hating. What a life you must live to write behind a username on a message board to talk crap about teenagers, their teachers, their parents and even their clergy like you did all summer long and continue to do.
Don’t feed the troll

Boy, it's been years since I went to a game at Fisher Catholic, had to be 1981 or so, when Hamilton Twp first entered the Mid-State League. If memory serves, FC used Lancaster's stadium for home games at the time. Is that still the case or do they have their own stadium now.

They still play at Lancaster’s Fulton Field. Beautiful facility. Now with brand new turf!

Artie, you talking smack, and you are doing the same thing. Hiding behind a screen name acting like you know all there is to know about HS football and FC. Just like your buddy THE DOCK who thinks he has all the answers, but truth is, he never could hack it on a football field, but he sure did dominate Quiz Team. Come on now, it’s time to quit acting like your opinions are the only ones that count. People can rag on FC, people can say they played a soft schedule, people can even talk crap about it. Worst part is, you act like you know when you don’t. A lot of what has been on here posted by what you call “haters” is actually true. You wouldn’t have any idea, you don’t have th connections. There are a few guys out there who know all this is true, they’ve shared it all with me. They don’t come forward because they really don’t care enough one way or the other about FC. But if they wanted to, man.

Artie, you talking smack, and you are doing the same thing. Hiding behind a screen name acting like you know all there is to know about HS football and FC. Just like your buddy THE DOCK who thinks he has all the answers, but truth is, he never could hack it on a football field, but he sure did dominate Quiz Team. Come on now, it’s time to quit acting like your opinions are the only ones that count. People can rag on FC, people can say they played a soft schedule, people can even talk crap about it. Worst part is, you act like you know when you don’t. A lot of what has been on here posted by what you call “haters” is actually true. You wouldn’t have any idea, you don’t have th connections. There are a few guys out there who know all this is true, they’ve shared it all with me. They don’t come forward because they really don’t care enough one way or the other about FC. But if they wanted to, man.
Yup. Never had the makings of a varsity athlete. But I digress, your years-long obsession over me from the JJHuddle days is hilarious. It’s no secret who I am, and it’s never been one. Just like you and the girls basketball coach down in Possum Holler... er, Berne Union. Years of obsession toward me on the boards. Reminds me of when Hurps got sacked and I received a DM on the Huddle asking “is this [my name]”? Lmao. I have my own online sports message board fanclub. I never get to hear from or meet my fans in real life, though. Sad! I’m sure you’d like my autograph.

Obsession, in your dreams pal. Not sure what you mean by girls basketball coach at Berne. No clue at all. Grasp at straws there buddy. Just tired of the drivel about FC. Maybe one day the truth will be posted without you or your bud Artie getting it removed because you can’t handle the truth being put out there, although I’m thinking you and Artie may be one in the same, you write awfully similar. No secret who you are, it’s no secret, but nobody really cares who you are, just like in HS.

Hey, now. You say "Possum Holler" to a Hamilton Township fan, and we start thinking whether we want mushrooms with the Old World pepperoni on our pizza. :cool:

Obsession, in your dreams pal. Not sure what you mean by girls basketball coach at Berne. No clue at all. Grasp at straws there buddy. Just tired of the drivel about FC. Maybe one day the truth will be posted without you or your bud Artie getting it removed because you can’t handle the truth being put out there, although I’m thinking you and Artie may be one in the same, you write awfully similar. No secret who you are, it’s no secret, but nobody really cares who you are, just like in HS.
Congratulations. You know that I write on sports boards. You’re, like, seven years late to the party. I must bother you enough to incite the response I do from you.

Feel free to say “hey” to me at the game Friday.

You are the one who keeps getting my posts removed. The truth I speak must bother you enough that you can’t stand it being up here. I go against what you say and it bothers you. I know who you are, don’t flatter yourself, you are pretty irrelevant in all things FC, football, life. But I do enjoy getting you fired up on here, getting my posts deleted, calling me a troll, and trying to guess who I am. When you said Luke, that was classic!

You are the one who keeps getting my posts removed. The truth I speak must bother you enough that you can’t stand it being up here. I go against what you say and it bothers you. I know who you are, don’t flatter yourself, you are pretty irrelevant in all things FC, football, life. But I do enjoy getting you fired up on here, getting my posts deleted, calling me a troll, and trying to guess who I am. When you said Luke, that was classic!
Actually, you’ve said you would delete your previous posts and actually did. You’ve even admitted that what you wrote was hearsay and chose to delete said posts when confronted. Interestingly enough, like Artie mentioned, you choose to write about teachers, the priests and the principals unprompted on a dang high school sports forum. What a weirdo. Take it to Facebook. Say hey when you see me Friday.

I never wrote about priests. Teachers and principals yes. They are a bunch of yahoos. I deleted some, yes, but some you had deleted. The ones way after our first exchange and recently the ones about recruiting and tuitions being paid. And that stuff is true. I can prove it.

I never wrote about priests. Teachers and principals yes. They are a bunch of yahoos. I deleted some, yes but some you had deleted. The ones way after our first exchange and recently the ones about recruiting and tuitions being paid. And that stuff is true. I can prove it.
My case in point. Worlds worst troll. Try again next season. See you Friday.

P.S. I deleted none of your posts.

Last edited:
Not a liar. What the hell would I write about priests? You report the posts and have them deleted. I know you do that for a fact. Oh buddy, if I called the press it would get pretty ugly for your beloved Irish. I have discredited myself? In your eyes, which means absolutely nothing

Not a liar. What the hell would I write about priests? You report the posts and have them deleted. I know you do that for a fact. Oh buddy, if I called the press it would get pretty ugly for your beloved Irish. I have discredited myself? In your eyes, which means absolutely nothing
Go right ahead. My beloved Irish? You yourself said you’re an alum, have served on the boards there. Or was that a lie?