2019 GCL Coed

If post play "struts/flexes" were one of the factors for deciding player of the year, then yes he would be a finalist. The other Jr linebacker Maxwell is more deserving in my opinion.

And, it is usually a few hundred dollars cheaper. My nephews and nieces went there and my sister claims that Carroll kills you with extra fees. CJ has the most financial aid available, although Alter is known to give specific families really great tuition deals.

Is that a product of the public school options in that part of Dayton?

Has to be lol. Look at where Carroll sits, next Riverside (Stebbins), Belmont (Dayton), Fairborn, just to start naming a few. Carroll is surrounded by bad districts minus Beavercreek. Alter has to deal with Centerville, Bellbrook, Fairmont, and Oakwood. Fenwick is in the middle of Springboro, Waynesville, Lebanon, Lakota. CJ is a little different. They get kids from Kettering, Oakwood, and Dayton, and everything north of downtown.

Mason Henry maybe does for Alter, but being 1-4/2-3 in the league won't help. Minor will be POY if CJ sweeps the GCL. Alter really doesn't have that much to nominate except Henry and McDonald. If you don't win, you don't get the votes. Alter will be loaded the next two years and should run the table in the upcoming years at the all league selection. First year in awhile where Coach Domsitz is going to go into a league meeting and not have anything to say.

Has to be lol. Look at where Carroll sits, next Riverside (Stebbins), Belmont (Dayton), Fairborn, just to start naming a few. Carroll is surrounded by bad districts minus Beavercreek. Alter has to deal with Centerville, Bellbrook, Fairmont, and Oakwood. Fenwick is in the middle of Springboro, Waynesville, Lebanon, Lakota. CJ is a little different. They get kids from Kettering, Oakwood, and Dayton, and everything north of downtown.
Often wondered the area looks a little sketchy I’m glad they have Carroll as an option. Mcnick sits between Turpin and Anderson which I’m told are very good HS. Also Milford is good , another district Mcnick touches. We live in West Clermont (still Glen Este when my kids were in HS) so the choice was easier for us.

Mason Henry maybe does for Alter, but being 1-4/2-3 in the league won't help. Minor will be POY if CJ sweeps the GCL. Alter really doesn't have that much to nominate except Henry and McDonald. If you don't win, you don't get the votes. Alter will be loaded the next two years and should run the table in the upcoming years at the all league selection. First year in awhile where Coach Domsitz is going to go into a league meeting and not have anything to say.
Correct, Henry for Alter, not CJ. That is who I meant. And yes the only reason he may not win it would be their record.

CJ fans are so arrogant even when they needed a transfer from Stebbins (!) and Ponitz (!!!!!!) to make them relevant. Trotwood will eat them alive.

Meadowdale, not Ponitz. It is still crazy that if someone didn't leak that Minor was participating in CJ off season football activities while still attending Stebbins, he would not have had to sit out last year because OHSAA wouldn't have found out. Regardless, should be a good game Friday. An Alter win proves they could turn things around and make the playoffs. A CJ win shows that the Eagles are like what Fenwick was in 2015 and above everyone else this year.

CJ has been on the good and bad side of transfers over the years. Don't give me that BS.

It doesn’t matter what side of transfers you are on, you are getting transfers. That’s like Massie going and getting Juhtan McClain from Fairfield or some stud from Wilmington to come play on the team. Or Wapakoneta going 10 minutes east and grabbing an All-Ohio DE from St. Mary’s. Most public schools have homegrown kids. I understand if kids from different feeder schools attend a certain high school, that’s completely different. The problem is when schools are going to other high schools to get kids to play for their football team. That shows that a program can not succeed with the players they are given and cannot develop said players. They have to go out and find it.

CJ has whomever they have. Alter’s challenge is to overcome the best team in the GCLC this year. It can be done, against the odds. Go Knights!

It doesn’t matter what side of transfers you are on, you are getting transfers. That’s like Massie going and getting Juhtan McClain from Fairfield or some stud from Wilmington to come play on the team. Or Wapakoneta going 10 minutes east and grabbing an All-Ohio DE from St. Mary’s. Most public schools have homegrown kids. I understand if kids from different feeder schools attend a certain high school, that’s completely different. The problem is when schools are going to other high schools to get kids to play for their football team. That shows that a program can not succeed with the players they are given and cannot develop said players. They have to go out and find it.
Get your point, but citing your Wapakoneta team grabbing players from surrounding communities is absurd. Don't know much about the WBL, but from what I hear, Wapak couldn't pay kids from those communites to transfer over. Let's just say Wapak is not very well liked. I work with a Hughes High father and they are very excited about possibly making the playoffs, but hopes to play anybody but Wapak. Has nothing to do with the game either, but with how opposing teams are treated before, during and after the game. Not a pleasant experience he says. In fact he says the last playoff game he went to at Wapak there was about as many fellow other WBL schools cheering on the opposing team as there were the opposing teams fan.

Get your point, but citing your Wapakoneta team grabbing players from surrounding communities is absurd. Don't know much about the WBL, but from what I hear, Wapak couldn't pay kids from those communites to transfer over. Let's just say Wapak is not very well liked. I work with a Hughes High father and they are very excited about possibly making the playoffs, but hopes to play anybody but Wapak. Has nothing to do with the game either, but with how opposing teams are treated before, during and after the game. Not a pleasant experience he says. In fact he says the last playoff game he went to at Wapak there was about as many fellow other WBL schools cheering on the opposing team as there were the opposing teams fan.

The actions of a few don’t represent the many. I’m sure you are referencing the incident in 2016 when there were some trailer park kids in bikes riding around the field with confederate flags against Trotwood. We were accused of being racist even though we had two black kids starting that year. This year one of our best players is black and he is loved by the community. These accusations of Wapak being racist are ridiculous.

He was not aware of that incident, but is now. The game he went to was against Belmont about 4-5 years ago. They were in the parking lot having a good time, he said probably too good, and were confronted 2-3 times in a rather unfriendly manner. Mentioned nothing about a racist tone, just thought the people were a**holes in general.

I also went to that game. Belmont was a solid team that I don’t think Wapak was as prepared for as they should have. but I have not lived in Wapak my entire life, but I can understand the incident. It seems the common theme of rude people in the town are old women and middle aged men still living in their “glory days” who were 2nd team all league but could have went pro if they didn’t hurt their knee in middle school. There are a plenty of a**holes in this town, but there are everywhere. All I can say is that the players and coaches are first class. I’m sorry your friend experienced that incident because it does not represent the community of Wapak.

Wapak still has the poor rep from playing Trotwood and having their little klan rally before the game. Wapak fans didn't have much to say last year when they played Alter. Wapak HS was a great host for the Alter-Norwalk game.

If you think Marcus Colvin, or anyone on his staff, are actively recruiting players from other high school teams to come to CJ then you are delusional...if you think any coach at any school will turn down a kid from another high school that is a good player AND CAN MEET ADMISSIONS and comes to seek an unsolicited meeting with any member of the athletic department to talk about transferring you are again delusional...transfers happen all the time...kids on the team try to recruit their buddies from grade school or the neighborhood to come play with them, or a kid (or kid's parents) decide they may have a better opportunity at another school...as long as the coaches are not recruiting them or telling their kids to recruit them then I think it's fine...in fact, I think every student-athlete should get 1 transfer without penalty for whatever reason they want...conversely, if a coach is caught actively, or even indirectly recruiting from another high school then they should lose their coaching position...so, if you're going to say a coach "grabbed" a player from another high school team, then you better be able to back that up with something other than hearsay or your opinion...if you cannot, then best to keep slanderous/ libelous rumors to yourself.

I know some kids on the CJ team. The QB worked out with the CJ team at weights, etc for a couple of months before he transferred. That doesn’t seem quite right to me. Almost like a tryout by the kid and coaches. Of course he eventually registered. That said I am inclined to agree with Slampoint on the whole transfer deal. One year, no questions asked makes sense. My biggest complaint is that Fenwick is one of the schools who rarely gets a legitimate transfer who really helps one of our teams. The tuition issue is hard to overcome. Financial Aid is scarce down here.

Good day for Alter beating CJ and clinching a playoff spot. Shame CJ couldn’t complete the comeback but Week 11 offers a chance to even things. On a side note: #24 for Alter should not be allowed to cover Kenyon again.

Pretty classless of CJ players stomping on Alter football players hands and twisting ankles that lead to a couple of injuries for Alter. Eventually, #67 got tossed for CJ. CJ coaches also didn't shake hands with Domsitz and others. Great game overall, tale of two halves for sure. Looking forward to a Week 11 rematch.

Stop crying Knight, I was down in the end zone and it was going both ways all game. Some former Youth Eagle football players now playing for Alter were running their mouths all night. Especially when up big at half.
Minor tried to go CJ as a Frosh, but his parents couldn't do it, finally Ed Choice scholarships were available to riverside families and it made it easier. Quincy played in the youth program since 3rd grade, The Henry brothers, both transferred from Meadowvale because their mom wanted them and could get them an actual education. CJ doesn't recruit, the facilities they built helped, but they don't. Every year we lose a ton of kids from the youth program because they just cant get in CJ, and like someone else mentioned we have lost some pretty big transfers also.
Trotwood fans better not be talking about Transfers either, one of the most active recruiting schools around next to Wayne.

As far as the game went, Alter punched CJ right in the mouth to start , and CJ helped them with terrible decisions late in the half that led to two big TD's (kicking to McDonald and leaving 50 seconds and the ball at midfield for Alter)
2nd half was a whole different story as CJ woke up, but down 28 was too much. Alter is good now that they are healthy. But Alter should never talk class. Nor transfers.

You give up 35 points at home in the 1st half at home you deserve to lose. Most especially when ,going in , you are a 2 TD favorite..There has NEVER been anything polite about a Chaminade-Alter game and hopefully never will be. Nobody wins a pissing contest among parochial schools about who outwits whom in regards to recruiting allegations. Point blank CJ offers the best opportunity in the city of Dayton for kids who want an education and a chance to compete athletically. The Marianists should be applauded for holding place in town when it would have been far easier to roll north of town and build out a new campus. By the same token Alter defies the "soft" suburban stereotype a lot of people assume is the school's DNA. A whole lot of gym banners suggest otherwise..So they go at it again next week. The coaches have leaks to patch