2019 GCL Coed

Very impressive performance by Badin. Game was not even as close as the score. Thoughts and prayers to # 6 on Fenwick. Gruesome arm injury. Theisman like for those old enough. Wondering if their is some bad blood between Yordy and Haverkamp. Surprising on side kick by Badin up 34 with a running clock. That usually only happens for a purpose. Heard some Badin fans grumbling about it also

Too bad for Alter, does this begin a bigger slide into mediocrity? Similar scenarios in woman’s basketball and volleyball. Very hard to replace such a huge graduating class from last year with what like 10 seniors this year. I do believe Domsitz shelf life is wearing thin but at the end of the day players win games and these kids just not getting it done. Predict 5-5 finish

Not many GCL Coed programs feeling bad for Alter. It is what it is. Their dominance over the past 20 years is impressive. Hard to keep up that pace. I expect they will always be in the conversation with up years and down years.

Very impressive performance by Badin. Game was not even as close as the score. Thoughts and prayers to # 6 on Fenwick. Gruesome arm injury. Theisman like for those old enough. Wondering if their is some bad blood between Yordy and Haverkamp. Surprising on side kick by Badin up 34 with a running clock. That usually only happens for a purpose. Heard some Badin fans grumbling about it also
I don’t think the onside kick was called from the sidelines. It looked to be a scouted/game plan play. Fenwick had nobody in the vicinity. I doubt if they game planned enough to say don’t do it if you are up so much. That being said, I don’t think Yordy and Haverkamp are going out to lunch on a regular basis. Schools are too close and compete for a number of the same kids.

Too bad for Alter, does this begin a bigger slide into mediocrity? Similar scenarios in woman’s basketball and volleyball. Very hard to replace such a huge graduating class from last year with what like 10 seniors this year. I do believe Domsitz shelf life is wearing thin but at the end of the day players win games and these kids just not getting it done. Predict 5-5 finish

I wouldn't count that out across the board: girls volleyball is really young and their star senior was out the whole year. Plus their old coach who just retired played favorites and drove out a lot of girls. Girls basketball has some good talent rolling in with the junior high/frosh/sophomores but it will be another year or two before they're good again.

I believe Alter has 16 seniors and I know they only have 10 freshmen right now. The feeder program and junior high is stacked right now with big numbers. Domsitz should pass on the whistle to someone else before the incoming kids roll in because there is some serious talent in the 7th/8th grade.

Alter probably will not win another game this year. I can't understand why Alter was in shotgun and throwing the ball with 1:30 left in the game and they were picking up first downs in the wishbone. Terrible offensive play calling all night... I do like the future of Alter's defense because they had 9 underclassmen on the field including 6-7 sophomores most of the game.

I wouldn't count that out across the board: girls volleyball is really young and their star senior was out the whole year. Plus their old coach who just retired played favorites and drove out a lot of girls. Girls basketball has some good talent rolling in with the junior high/frosh/sophomores but it will be another year or two before they're good again.

I believe Alter has 16 seniors and I know they only have 10 freshmen right now. The feeder program and junior high is stacked right now with big numbers. Domsitz should pass on the whistle to someone else before the incoming kids roll in because there is some serious talent in the 7th/8th grade.
That’s funny you know that. McNicolas, for instance, has no idea who is coming in 2-3 years.

I don’t think the onside kick was called from the sidelines. It looked to be a scouted/game plan play. Fenwick had nobody in the vicinity. I doubt if they game planned enough to say don’t do it if you are up so much. That being said, I don’t think Yordy and Haverkamp are going out to lunch on a regular basis. Schools are too close and compete for a number of the same kids.
Even is there was bad blood between the two, no way yordy called an onside kick up 34 with a running clock. Yordy is a class act and wouldn't do that to the fenwick players regardless of what he thought about havercamp. When you say a burifect like play, do you mean dirty? Was there a penalty? An ejection? That's a pretty lofty statement to throw at a high school kid.

The Carroll loss shouldn't entirely be laid on the staff.Some consistent self-inflicted wounds.Couple examples: muffed punt Carroll recovers, stupid penalty w a blocking flag on a wr behind a run down inside the 2. 3 shots at field goals missed, fumble just outside the Carroll 20,Carroll recovers. 1:30 mark receiver drops a scoring pass out to the 50 wide open. Carroll goes 65 yards after the punt w 2 timeouts remaining.Alter rushed 3 played contain and played that series w/o deep safety help. Just a poor adjustment .Thought the wr subbing in his 1st game as qb stepped up considering. Then again Carroll had the right alignments ,a good game strategy,created turnovers and hung in. Pats deserved the win..

Even is there was bad blood between the two, no way yordy called an onside kick up 34 with a running clock. Yordy is a class act and wouldn't do that to the fenwick players regardless of what he thought about havercamp. When you say a burifect like play, do you mean dirty? Was there a penalty? An ejection? That's a pretty lofty statement to throw at a high school kid.

He didn't. It was clearly a squibb that was mishandled. Fenwick returner nearly housed one a few kick offs before that.

Unfortunately yes. 7-10 yds away from the ball. Picked him up, spun him around, full weight of the body on #6. I respect it was a teenage kid, will not name him or his #, and yes Yordy is a class act and I’m sure he addressed it. Heat of the moment play, but should not have occurred.
WRONG. The kid that got hurt was the quarterback. He dropped back to pass and was spun around and at some point fumbled the ball. Another defender hit him and drove him into the ground - i believe unaware that the ball was loose. The Fenwick running back picked the ball up about a yard away from where the hit occurred and ran it for 15 yards. To say this happened 7-10 yards away from the play is wrong.

Dump Domsitz! He's too old. He's way out of touch. What has he done lately? When's the last time Alter even made it to the State Championship game? (Oh yeah...last year...never mind.)

Alter fans, be careful what you wish for. Sounds similar to the "dump Petro" campaign in basketball from several years ago. I'm still waiting on all those state championships for Alter in boys basketball now that Petrocelli is finally gone.

Domsitz has an outstanding track record. This year hasn't been the best. It happens.

Dump Domsitz! He's too old. He's way out of touch. What has he done lately? When's the last time Alter even made it to the State Championship game? (Oh yeah...last year...never mind.)

Alter fans, be careful what you wish for. Sounds similar to the "dump Petro" campaign in basketball from several years ago. I'm still waiting on all those state championships for Alter in boys basketball now that Petrocelli is finally gone.

Domsitz has an outstanding track record. This year hasn't been the best. It happens.

Alter made a bad hire in basketball... lol

That’s funny you know that. McNicolas, for instance, has no idea who is coming in 2-3 years.

Don't know if that is sarcasm or not... Alter has a solid 3-4 feeder schools and feeder programs that have a pretty high turn out that will eventually end up at Alter.

Ohhh no. Don’t dump the Dom. Bad years happen sometimes. It’s part of the game. Next year looks bright

Alter's defense is going to be really good in the next couple of years. They are consistently playing nine sophomores and juniors on the field.

Alter will be back to form next year. The program will prove out. Rest of the league is getting some frustration licks. It’s like winning the super bowl for them this year. Just gearing for another 20 years of dominance. Coach D is fine.

Good call.

Outside the MAC, Colerain, Massie, Mentor, Alter can be lumped together with about 4 other Catholic schools in Ohio that have had similiar success stories the past 20 years. 17 league titles, 2 state titles, 3 state runner ups, 10 regional titles... For midsized schools, Alter is definitely a top 5 powerhouse since 2001.

Don't know if that is sarcasm or not... Alter has a solid 3-4 feeder schools and feeder programs that have a pretty high turn out that will eventually end up at Alter.
Wasn’t sarcasm. Just saying the Mcnick feeder schools (including the one across the street) are also Moeller and X feeder schools so Coach Orlando has no idea who might be coming to Mcnick. If they think they might be D1 college prospects they probably are not.

What are our early thoughts on this Badin-Carrol game?
Rams are tough...probably playing best ball in GCL right now...Carroll offense will struggle with their length and ability to cover on defense, and Badin will move the ball on Carroll with their size up front. I’d go with Badin by 17.

If Badin can cover the pass and create turnovers, which they can, then they shouldn't have a problem only allowing Dayton Carol 7-14 points. Rams offense should be able to move the ball well and have plenty of opportunities to score, allowing them to put nearly 25-32 points on the board.

25-32 is a weird scoring range