2019 GCL Coed

Your info on Carroll wrong. Their top RB is not going to play and when or if he does come back he will not be carrying the ball. He has multiple knee surgeries and another major knee injury this year. On top of that, their backup RB is probably not going to play either after getting injured last week. Not sure what your referring to with the Offensive Tackles, they have played every game. I assume your referring to their Center who has been out for the last 3 games. He will not play this week either. The QB may play, but I would not count on it. They also lost a starting linebacker with a torn ACL week 2. Carroll has been on a steady decline since a close loss to DeSales week 1. Lack of depth and inability to run the ball keeps their struggling Defense on the field. Hopefully they can get things turned around against a very good C-J team tomorrow.
I’m glad to hear that when Jon comes back he won’t run the ball...he’s got next level ability at the LB position and I’d hate to see him get dinged up again... injury bug hasn’t left him alone...I was told the O tackles were ejected late during the Watterson game and may have had to sit some last game...I apologize if my info was wrong...if the QB is out and the RB is too it could get real ugly real quick...injuries suck

This is why I think Badin has a chance this week.....Badin has a very strong secondary. The ability to play 1-1 effectively is key. This will allow Badin to put as many 9 men in the box. Badin’s ends have been playing well and are physically capable. If Badin can shrink the field and make Alter run only between the tackles, that will allow possibly 5 Badin players on the second level to fill the holes. Alter is great at getting to those 2nd level guys, but when there is 5 instead of 3 or 4 it can be a different story. Which means McDonald will go 30 carries for 250 yards ?

Badin...…..unbelievable. In all reality I was just trying to convince myself the rams had a chance, Good chance Alter still wins the conference, but never thought I would see a running clock on the Knights. Lordy, Lordy, what do you think of Coach Yordy

Congrats to Badin. They came to play, Alter didn’t. Never saw an Alter team consistently play an entire game with such a lack of execution. Brandon played hard. Cale played hard. LBs played hard. Lines sucked. How can you play man coverage and have so many guys get so open? If my Knights don’t wake up they won’t be in the playoffs to the first time in memory. At Alter that’s a disastrous season.

Good luck to the Rams going forward.

All I can say is wow!! Hell must be freezing over with this cold front since Alter got whooped and Fairmont managed a win.

I was at the game tonight and Badin straight dominated Alter I haven’t seen an Alter team look that lost throughout an entire 4 quarters of a game since Fenwick in the 2015 regular season game I’m still in shock what I witnessed tonight

Switzer had a career night and destroyed our defense. Tipped hat to him... Badin absolutely embarrassed Alter. Badin is not a state power by any means and they took Alter to the woodshed. The Knights looked undisciplined, outcoached, and outplayed the whole game. The offensive line and fullback are a joke to watch. Fumbles, missed tackles, several dropped passes/TDs, etc. Alter's secondary is so bad. I don't know someone can be a 5 star recruit and get torched all night and fumble 2 kick returns. The special teams were a disaster. The returners on kick return and punt obviously don't listen to what they're coached to do. The opening kick return, the one returner picks it up at the 15 yard line when's going to go out of bounds so they had the ball on the 20 instead of the 35. The other times, the returners fumbled it or didn't pick the ball up. Punt return was a joke to watch because Alter let it bounce and roll several times inside the 10 yard line instead of catching/fielding it at the 20 yard. The special teams coordinator needs to get his stuff together or the mistakes will continue.

I may sound harsh, but the descriptions were accurate. Alter will lose to CJ in week 10 and miss the playoffs unless Domsitz starts canning players, a couple of useless coaches, and getting a few more kids to play both ways that actually care and give effort. I don't even know if 8-2 will get them in this year since they aren't getting any help from second level computer points.

Last edited:
Overrated or just a bad game? Outside of recruiting sites I hadn’t heard much about him.

I've watched 5 of the 6 Alter games this year and he has not had any eye opening or big time plays. I know he's a sophomore and played a lot last year as a freshman but he struggles at coverage big time. I know eventually he will probably be a great player for Alter but it's been frustrating to watch someone with the type of exposure and hype he's getting from these 24/7 sports type rankings.

I've watched 5 of the 6 Alter games this year and he has not had any eye opening or big time plays. I know he's a sophomore and played a lot last year as a freshman but he struggles at coverage big time. I know eventually he will probably be a great player for Alter but it's been frustrating to watch someone with the type of exposure and hype he's getting from these 24/7 sports type rankings.

I agree. He is likely rated on measurables or what kind of player he could turn out to be? I dunno. Bottom line, Alter's lack of ball security and pass defense is costing them games and run the risk of missing the playoffs if they don't tighten up.

Switzer had a career night and destroyed our defense. Tipped hat to him... Badin absolutely embarrassed Alter. Badin is not a state power by any means and they took Alter to the woodshed. The Knights looked undisciplined, outcoached, and outplayed the whole game. The offensive line and fullback are a joke to watch. Fumbles, missed tackles, several dropped passes/TDs, etc. Alter's secondary is so bad. I don't know someone can be a 5 star recruit and get torched all night and fumble 2 kick returns. The special teams were a disaster. The returners on kick return and punt obviously don't listen to what they're coached to do. The opening kick return, the one returner picks it up at the 15 yard line when's going to go out of bounds so they had the ball on the 20 instead of the 35. The other times, the returners fumbled it or didn't pick the ball up. Punt return was a joke to watch because Alter let it bounce and roll several times inside the 10 yard line instead of catching/fielding it at the 20 yard. The special teams coordinator needs to get his stuff together or the mistakes will continue.

I may sound harsh, but the descriptions were accurate. Alter will lose to CJ in week 10 and miss the playoffs unless Domsitz starts canning players, a couple of useless coaches, and getting a few more kids to play both ways that actually care and give effort. I don't even know if 8-2 will get them in this year since they aren't getting any help from second level computer points.
So me credit to Badin at all except the QB had a “career” game? Badin kicked their , get over it

Alter's O-line and defensive backfield are their weaknesses. Badin's coaches outcoached Alter and exposed every since weakness they had. They should have just put hellen keller out there at DB. Would have been better. For as much as that 5 star has been hyped up, he hasn't done anything this year.
Badin struggled to run the ball, but they sure as he11 passed it. Heard Switzer has been picking up some offers and rightfully so.
Alter teams are alleged to jam the ball down your throat on offense. Not so much anymore...

CJ's running back put up 5 touchdowns against Carroll. Looking forward to watching Badin v. CJ. It is sure to be an offensive showdown.

I would guess that had to be one of the worse regular season losses for Alter in 20+ years. Impressive win by Badin, this is a statement win for their program and it had to be a great feeling for the Seniors. The league championship seems like it's anyone's at this point. After 18 consecutive playoff appearance it's hard to believe that Alter has only a 43% chance of making the playoffs per Drew Pasteur's site.

have watched Alter for a number of years and this team is good ,but not state worthy. the 'bone works when it does and when stuffed looks as obsolete as it is. this team can be tweaked enough to win out up to the C-J game. the tweaks would be: Use the big running back on certain downs as a rush end, move the safety over to the offense and slot him wide creating a deep threat to open up the field. this team lacks a speed threat. use the standard play action, but instead include a qb rollout with 2-3 quick reads (flood) in front of him. alter has always had a relative weakness in its dbs.it's usually where they letter upperclassmen who stuck with the program. the technique for man has always been sketchy,don't know why this is so but it's consistently true.t..he d is typical for a run-based system. it mirrors the offense it practices against and sees on film..people are intent on bashing the soph safety because he has measureables.fact is he's only a sophomore won't see the field as if he were a senior. ergo he shouldn't be totally faulted for not being able to patch up all coverage flaws Badin so smartly exploited...

Badin Defense has give 14 points in the last 4 games, that is against Kiner and McDonald. I see Badin’s defense being the best in the league, but stopping CJ’s offense will be a challenge.

have watched Alter for a number of years and this team is good ,but not state worthy. the 'bone works when it does and when stuffed looks as obsolete as it is. this team can be tweaked enough to win out up to the C-J game. the tweaks would be: Use the big running back on certain downs as a rush end, move the safety over to the offense and slot him wide creating a deep threat to open up the field. this team lacks a speed threat. use the standard play action, but instead include a qb rollout with 2-3 quick reads (flood) in front of him. alter has always had a relative weakness in its dbs.it's usually where they letter upperclassmen who stuck with the program. the technique for man has always been sketchy,don't know why this is so but it's consistently true.t..he d is typical for a run-based system. it mirrors the offense it practices against and sees on film..people are intent on bashing the soph safety because he has measureables.fact is he's only a sophomore won't see the field as if he were a senior. ergo he shouldn't be totally faulted for not being able to patch up all coverage flaws Badin so smartly exploited...

I don't find to much to argue about on this assessment. When i first read it I thought you were proposing the RB play both ways, that would be tough with the bone since the RB is either getting the ball, or blocking. Body takes a beating. But sporadic DE or LB would be interesting. Give opposing teams something they haven't seen from Alter. I'm a little bit old school though. Take your strength's, make them stronger, and who cares if they know what you are doing. Do it so good, it doesn't matter. I remember going up against Moeller. It seems like they ran the same freakin 5 plays over and over. Knew right where they were running the ball, but crap, everyone did what they were suppose to, so it didn't matter. I also like the Sr loyalty. If a kid busts his butt for 3+ years, try to find him a place to play. I'm guessing the Coed wasn't much of passing conference in years past, so that's where those seniors played.

Big game this week between Badin and CJ. What is everyone’s predictions and who will have to step up to get their team the win?

Big game this week between Badin and CJ. What is everyone’s predictions and who will have to step up to get their team the win?
If Badin can handle CJ’s Wr #3 and #4 one on one, then I give the edge to them. They can load the box again in early downs and hopefully force some 3rd and longs. If not, I have a feeling CJ’s QB will exploit Badins comparatively lack of speed and spread the field. In a shoot out, CJ 35, Badin 27.

If Badin can handle CJ’s Wr #3 and #4 one on one, then I give the edge to them. They can load the box again in early downs and hopefully force some 3rd and longs. If not, I have a feeling CJ’s QB will exploit Badins comparatively lack of speed and spread the field. In a shoot out, CJ 35, Badin 27.

While you make a valid point. I still think Badin’s defense will show up and be able to contains CJ’s offense to a certain degree. Badin has a solid group of LBs and DBs. They have to make CJ drive on them and not give up any big plays. I think the difference in this game will be if Badin’s offense can stay consistent in the passing game. Having successful passing game is hard to do in high school, so the question is how consistent can they be. Big game for both teams.

Badin will be a significant challenge for CJ, but I think in order to beat CJ you need a big powerful O and D line with power backs on offense and pass rushers on defense...sort of like Hartley had...I think CJ has the edge this week for a few reasons: #1 Badin may have an emotional let down after their huge win against Alter and come out flat on the road, #2 CJ just played Carroll, and as bad as Carroll is, their offense executes the spread pretty well and gave CJ a good look for the style they will see this weekend. #3 Badin has a good secondary, but they will be challenged by the skill players of CJ in space and finally, I think Quincy will have more room to run against Badin even though for the most part the Rams shut down Alter's big back. Alter didn't have any real threat to stretch the field, so Badin put 8-9 guys in the box for most of the night...they won't be able to pull that off against CJ...It stinks our starting RB is out for the year, that was a nice two-headed monster, but I still think Q runs for 100yds on the way to a 35-24 win. Go Eagles!