Votes: 7 10.3%
  • 2-8

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 1-9

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 0-10

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
That is an interesting perspective. I thought Gahanna was the best, then Centerville, Mt. Healthy, and Butler. I thought the Elks rolled Butler when its first team O and D were playing. Elks will not have a dynamic running game again this year with a new OL. It looks like the offense will need to use the pass to set up the run. Elks will need to score 28+ per game to win this year.
I agree. I thought Gahanna was the best team in the scrimmage without a doubt and the order that you stated was spot on. I think Gahanna has a really good quarterback and skill. As far as the elks, I think a 6-4 season.

Last edited:
I agree. I thought Gahanna was the best team in the scrimmage without a doubt and the order that you stated was spot on. I think Gahanna has a really good quarterback and skill. As far as the elks, I think a 6-4 season.
Gahanna looks like a playoff team, but is in a tough Columbus Region

Gahanna likely finishes no better than 6-4 but probably 5-5 more realistically . 4-6 wouldn't surprise me either ? Coffman handled them last year not easily but comfortably and Rocks have more back than they do, Elder will beat them , Hartely will be interesting , Westy Central has some very talented D-1 players and a good program , Pick Central ? nuff said , Pick North will beat them also . QB played last year and is talented and they usually have some athletes, but I think their schedule is really hard this year as it usually is .

I was at the Trotwood-Centerville Jamboree scrimmage yesterday evening, Trotwood won 20-0, the scrimmage ended after 3 quarters, and Trotwood had the ball on Centerville's 1 yard line when it ended. Trotwood also had 2 long td runs called back because of penalties. For you Centerville fans,hopefully they were holding something back, because they looked pathetic.

I was at the Trotwood-Centerville Jamboree scrimmage yesterday evening, Trotwood won 20-0, the scrimmage ended after 3 quarters, and Trotwood had the ball on Centerville's 1 yard line when it ended. Trotwood also had 2 long td runs called back because of penalties. For you Centerville fans,hopefully they were holding something back, because they looked pathetic.
Some of the worst tackling Ive ever witnessed. What happened to the Elks? One on the 10 largest schools in the state. And always had a tough well respected football program.

Some of the worst tackling Ive ever witnessed. What happened to the Elks? One on the 10 largest schools in the state. And always had a tough well respected football program.
I heard the starters only played the 1st quarter. Defense has struggled against the run all preseason. I hope that the Elks were holding back too. This is disappointing news

I heard the starters only played the 1st quarter. Defense has struggled against the run all preseason. I hope that the Elks were holding back too. This is disappointing news
Your starting offense did play the first quarter and came back at the end of the first half (1:23) to attempt a hurry up offense that went backwards. Another thing that shocked me was how poor the Elks kicking game is. Two missed field goals and bad punts. That is not the Elks I remember. They couldnt stop the running game and here comes Jutahn McClain from Fairfield and David Afari from Lakota West. ?

They fired the coach for being tough. My bad because he couldn’t get to state/ off the field situations ??‍♂️??‍♂️

They fired the coach for being tough. My bad because he couldn’t get to state/ off the field situations ??‍♂️??‍♂️
I don't think the coaches being tough is the issue - maybe lack of talent. I am concerned that the Elks D has not been good the last 4 seasons with the exception of the 1 year Puckett came back for the 2017 season.

Your starting offense did play the first quarter and came back at the end of the first half (1:23) to attempt a hurry up offense that went backwards. Another thing that shocked me was how poor the Elks kicking game is. Two missed field goals and bad punts. That is not the Elks I remember. They couldnt stop the running game and here comes Jutahn McClain from Fairfield and David Afari from Lakota West. ?
McClain had 7 TDS against them last year. But, that is old news.

The ELKS came on strong at the end of last season, playing a competitive game against Wayne, shutting out Fairmont and blowing out Beavercreek. So this is surprising to me that the ELKS are doing so poorly in these preseason games. I hope that the ELKS can turn back to form like they did at the end of last season.

The ELKS came on strong at the end of last season, playing a competitive game against Wayne, shutting out Fairmont and blowing out Beavercreek. So this is surprising to me that the ELKS are doing so poorly in these preseason games. I hope that the ELKS can turn back to form like they did at the end of last season.
Elks will be better this year so trying not to put too much weight on the Trotwood scrimmage. Elks were competitive with Coffman, Pick Central, and Gahanna. We will know for sure in 1 week against Fairfield.

Elks will be better this year so trying not to put too much weight on the Trotwood scrimmage. Elks were competitive with Coffman, Pick Central, and Gahanna. We will know for sure in 1 week against Fairfield.
I hope that CVille has a better year. I would not project what kind of season it will be by what happens at Fairfield.

C-Ville I heard was OK in the Coffman PC three-way{ couldn't make the scrimmage} but wouldn't beat either team in a real game which is no shame as PC is definitely state level { final four is expected and they are big strong athletic and experienced } and Coffman has high expectations as well in the weaker R-2 where they lost in the final last year and have some talented folks back . Gahanna is probably a 500 team this year at most but have a tough schedule , if they couldn't stop them defensively ? C-Ville after looking at the schedule seems to be a 500 team which is an improvement over last year .

Proud tradition and going in a good direction may be but I thin Elk Strong might want to amend his initial prediction of a regional title in R-2 . Just making the play-offs seems like a stretch .

In all fairness to the punter,when you have to play shortstop twice and take the snap on one hop off the turf,that will affect the outcome

C-Ville I heard was OK in the Coffman PC three-way{ couldn't make the scrimmage} but wouldn't beat either team in a real game which is no shame as PC is definitely state level { final four is expected and they are big strong athletic and experienced } and Coffman has high expectations as well in the weaker R-2 where they lost in the final last year and have some talented folks back . Gahanna is probably a 500 team this year at most but have a tough schedule , if they couldn't stop them defensively ? C-Ville after looking at the schedule seems to be a 500 team which is an improvement over last year .

Proud tradition and going in a good direction may be but I thin Elk Strong might want to amend his initial prediction of a regional title in R-2 . Just making the play-offs seems like a stretch .
Elks are going in a better direction but still have a lot of young players. I thought the Elks could beat Coffman and Gahanna with a few defensive stops. Like be a Cleveland Browns fan, I will always start with optimism. R2 gives a chance with the GWOC down a little this year.

Elks are going in a better direction but still have a lot of young players. I thought the Elks could beat Coffman and Gahanna with a few defensive stops. Like be a Cleveland Browns fan, I will always start with optimism. R2 gives a chance with the GWOC down a little this year.

I can respect your optimism Elk I really can . But Coffman would roll C-Ville this year . Mike Drennan alone would outscore them , he didn't play in that scrimmage . C-Ville isn't beating Coffman and Gahanna would give them a good go . I wish you luck though, 5-5 is a good building block after last years disaster.

I can respect your optimism Elk I really can . But Coffman would roll C-Ville this year . Mike Drennan alone would outscore them , he didn't play in that scrimmage . C-Ville isn't beating Coffman and Gahanna would give them a good go . I wish you luck though, 5-5 is a good building block after last years disaster.
If we can make the playoffs, maybe our young guys will have grown up to give Coffman a run for their money in the playoffs.

If we can make the playoffs, maybe our young guys will have grown up to give Coffman a run for their money in the playoffs.

You know, you could be right , kids get some confidence , improve are coachable ? Good things can happen . I point back to 2013 to underscore this dynamic Elk. The Coffman 2013 team had a Senior group that didn't win much at all in Middle school or Frosh year. Their Senior year they got crushed by C-Ville in a scrimmage in Dublin . I witnessed it . the JV portion Coffman did well but the varsity got rolled . Fast forward 12 weeks later ? Coffman beat C-Ville pretty good as a lower seed on the road . Now Coffman and C-Ville didn't partake in that one on one scrimmage this year and Coffman didn't crush them , but you have a point. A lot can change over that amount of time in HS Football . I will be rooting for you guys to make the play-offs and may be that match-up will happen.

You know, you could be right , kids get some confidence , improve are coachable ? Good things can happen . I point back to 2013 to underscore this dynamic Elk. The Coffman 2013 team had a Senior group that didn't win much at all in Middle school or Frosh year. Their Senior year they got crushed by C-Ville in a scrimmage in Dublin . I witnessed it . the JV portion Coffman did well but the varsity got rolled . Fast forward 12 weeks later ? Coffman beat C-Ville pretty good as a lower seed on the road . Now Coffman and C-Ville didn't partake in that one on one scrimmage this year and Coffman didn't crush them , but you have a point. A lot can change over that amount of time in HS Football . I will be rooting for you guys to make the play-offs and may be that match-up will happen.
Is that the Coffman team that was narrowly defeated by the St X team that would go on to win State? That was a hell of a game. One of the best that I have ever watched.

End of season summary
1. Projected 7-3 and finished 4-6. Disappointing final record - didn't expect losses to Fairmont & Lakota West.
2. Elks D gave up 25 points & 313 yards/game this year (vs. 26 points & 324 yards in 2018)
3. Elks O was better at 25 points & 368 yards/game this year (vs. 17 points & 284 yards vs. 2018)
4. 5 of 6 losses were to D1 playoff teams (Springfield, Springboro, Fairfield, Lakota West, & Northmont)
5. 2019 was better than 2018 overall, but scoring defense and OL/DL play has got to be better in 2020.

Positives for 2020
1. Elks return 9 of 11 offensive starters including WR Linkhart, QB Harrison, WR Smith. Need to find new RB and improve OL play
2. Elks return 7 of 11 defensive starters including LB Bruder, FS Graveline, DE Artis. Need to improve DL and DB play.
3. Elks frosh class has some dudes that will need to impact varsity next year.
4. Elks had the ball only down 6 points (28-34) with 3 minutes to play in the 4th Q @ Springfield so can play with anyone.

2020 Schedule
Fairfield, Mason, Open, @Miamisburg, @Beavercreek, Wayne, @Fairmont, Springfield, Northmont, @Springboro
GWOC will be another meat-grinder, but expect the Elks to be better again in 2020 - only lost 5 SR impact players.
Springfield, Northmont, Fairfield, Springboro, & Mason lose a lot to graduation
Early projection: 7-3 & playoffs. Elks could do better with improved OL, DL & DB play.

This will be Ullery's 4th year? 5th? This is Centerville football...Centerville! Anything less than 9-1 and a region 2 (not 4 anymore) championship will be a failure too me. Not a disappointment...a failure. I have the highest expectations...There, I said it. Deal with it...

This will be Ullery's 4th year? 5th? This is Centerville football...Centerville! Anything less than 9-1 and a region 2 (not 4 anymore) championship will be a failure too me. Not a disappointment...a failure. I have the highest expectations...There, I said it. Deal with it...
2020 will be Ullery’s 4th year. I like your expectations but I don’t see 9-1 next year (hope you are right). I still think you win with a dominant OL/DL which the Elks should have for 2021 season. With Springfield winning Region 2 this year and how the Elks played the Cats at Springfield, I do believe the Elks can contend for the region next year.

Centerville never quit at Springfield. Springfield also played the worst 2nd half they played the entire season that game. Lets remember that game was 27-0 at one point and on verge of being 34-0 before a fumble happened. Elks also gave up 550 yards that game as well. I think they will probably be favorites for league this year especially if Linkhart and Harrison continue to develop. Have to fix the defense though gave up 312 yards/ game and 25 points. Good luck to Elks next year hope they stick with Ullery even though word around is some others don’t feel the sameway about him