2019 Bengals

Given the track record, who could have possibly foreseen this franchise getting slaughtered on MNF...especially against the Steelers.

This team's offensive line is absolutely putrid. Andre Smith and Bobby Hart may as well be interstate highway construction barrels. If they do end up with a top 3-4 pick this year instead of targeting Tua or Herbert hopefully they land UGA's Andrew Thomas so he can be paired with Jonah Williams next year as replacements for those two bums. The offensive line needs to be fixed before they address anything else.

Run it while Mixon's young and build a line.

Given the track record, who could have possibly foreseen this franchise getting slaughtered on MNF...especially against the Steelers.

This team's offensive line is absolutely putrid. Andre Smith and Bobby Hart may as well be interstate highway construction barrels. If they do end up with a top 3-4 pick this year instead of targeting Tua or Herbert hopefully they land UGA's Andrew Thomas so he can be paired with Jonah Williams next year as replacements for those two bums. The offensive line needs to be fixed before they address anything else.
That’s why the Dalton hate irritates me. The OL sucks so bad, no QB could be successful behind them. You want to throw Ryan Finley into the fire? Why? So he can get his brains beat in too?

That’s why the Dalton hate irritates me. The OL sucks so bad, no QB could be successful behind them. You want to throw Ryan Finley into the fire? Why? So he can get his brains beat in too?

One of my favorite sayings in support of many Bengal QB’s, “really hard to hit guarded moving targets from your a** crack!

FREE PBOY!!!

One of my favorite sayings in support of many Bengal QB’s, “really hard to hit guarded moving targets from your a** crack!

FREE PBOY!!!
Every dumb who knows almost nothing about football will want to put it all on Dalton bc it’s the easy thing to do. And he does bare a lot of that responsibility, but how can anyone think any QB would be successful behind that OL?

I can't imagine throwing a rookie QB into the fire behind this OL. The offense has to have a couple upgrades up front before replacing the QB makes any sense.

I can't imagine throwing a rookie QB into the fire behind this OL. The offense has to have a couple upgrades up front before replacing the QB makes any sense.

The OL and LBs need to overhauled before the QB. Id also trade AJ Green even if I could get a 1st Rnd pick, maybe even for 2nd Rnd at this point.

May as well clear out any remaining assets for draft picks at this point. Holding on to guys like Green, Dunlap and Atkins seems silly at this point when they are most valuable to the bengals as trade bait.

AJ Green should absolutely be traded, but I don't see anyway they get a 2nd rounder for a guy who is on the backside of his career and hasn't been able to stay healthy recently.

Trading him sounds all well and good but Mike Brown will never do that. He's one of the few guys on the team that may still put some fans in the stands.

May as well clear out any remaining assets for draft picks at this point. Holding on to guys like Green, Dunlap and Atkins seems silly at this point when they are most valuable to the bengals as trade bait.
Correct. It’s a tough pill for an angry fanbase to swallow, but it’s the only way they’ll be competitive in the next 5 yrs

AJ Green should absolutely be traded, but I don't see anyway they get a 2nd rounder for a guy who is on the backside of his career and hasn't been able to stay healthy recently.

Trading him sounds all well and good but Mike Brown will never do that. He's one of the few guys on the team that may still put some fans in the stands.

There’s a difference bw what they SHOULD do and what they WILL do.

I mean, I don’t think Dalton is a great qb, but he is certainly serviceable enough with talent to helm a playoff caliber team. The problem is the rest of the team is average to below average when healthy and complete garbage when they have injuries as they are way too thin.

For all the talk about the DL being a strength, they perform at a poor level and the secondary of high draft pics is worthless. And the LB corp looks exactly like a LB corp would look if a poor drafting team completely ignored upgrading it.

I said this last offseason.

You laughed and mocked as usual.

Why are you always so late to recognize the reality of the situation?

Dalton only makes sense for a competitor that loses their QB and needs a guy to help them tread water.

Maybe Dallas if they don’t want to pay Dak Prescott. They have all of the pieces in place to where an average QB can be successful.

Good point. My thought dealt more with the situation of a mid-season trade.
Got it, I’m looking long term. The only thing is I’m not really high on Tua or Herbert. I’d much rather them get a sure fire stud like Chase Young or Grant Delpitt. Most draft experts seem to have them as the biggest locks for being stars in the NFL.

I'm always apprehensive about those long-term projections and amused at how quickly a kid can go from a can't miss to a mid-rounder. Seems like just yesterday Connor Cook was a junior at Michigan State and the top QB and certain early first rounder from his class. After an iffy senior year, he ended up a fourth rounder and now isn't even in the league.

I'm always apprehensive about those long-term projections and amused at how quickly a kid can go from a can't miss to a mid-rounder. Seems like just yesterday Connor Cook was a junior at Michigan State and the top QB and certain early first rounder from his class. After an iffy senior year, he ended up a fourth rounder and now isn't even in the league.

Some positions are easier to project than others. Quentin Nelson was the most pro ready player in the 2018 draft as a G and now he’s an All Pro.

There’s a learning curve at every position going into the NFL, but QB is by far the steepest. As an Edge rusher you might have to change up certain things in your technique, but at the end of the day, you’re still doing the same thing you were in college.

Got it, I’m looking long term. The only thing is I’m not really high on Tua or Herbert. I’d much rather them get a sure fire stud like Chase Young or Grant Delpitt. Most draft experts seem to have them as the biggest locks for being stars in the NFL.
Agree because Dalton isn’t the biggest issue on this team.