2018/19 Centerville ELKS

I played eons ago for the Middletown Middies.... played with a chip... was not a good ball player...just hustled... got me in some tough situations... remember a tournament game in Oxford.... a fiery Asian ref told me before the game... cool it or I will throw you out... we shook hands, but I didn't challenge him at all because he had T'd me up twice during the regular season.

Probably Yoshimura. Sounds like something he would do. :laugh: He was a PHENOMENAL official!

I second that. If he replaced that slow down/speed up move with something more efficient, at least 55% of the time, I do not see why he does not pass Kennard and push Diebler’s record.

Ville has the coaching, the height, an all-state player surrounded by players that would be the go to guy at any other school in Ohio. What else could they possibly want?

Great year, Ville. Enjoy the upcoming ride. We know how fast it goes.

Kennard was 6'5" with not much talent around him playing D2/D3 basketball. Cupps will be lucky to hit 6'0" and has too much talent around him including 3 PGs on the roster already. Unless he gets bigger and stronger, I think it is most likely he will play JV and dress varsity. He might be the backup by year end.

Kennard was 6'5" with not much talent around him playing D2/D3 basketball. Cupps will be lucky to hit 6'0" and has too much talent around him including 3 PGs on the roster already. Unless he gets bigger and stronger, I think it is most likely he will play JV and dress varsity. He might be the backup by year end.

The youngster is in the best possible place he can be. His dad, and Coach’s circle friends/coaches, will manage him very well. With the out of conference schedule that Ville plays the JV time will be quality. Plus, he plays top quality AAU competition. It is all good.

The youngster is in the best possible place he can be. His dad, and Coach’s circle friends/coaches, will manage him very well. With the out of conference schedule that Ville plays the JV time will be quality. Plus, he plays top quality AAU competition. It is all good.

He will be a very good player without a doubt, and Cupps is a great coach. How he handles all of that talent while playing his kid will be interesting. Being the head coach's kid is a tough spot for the coach and the kid

Last edited:
Bizzaro world

He will be a very good player without a doubt, and Cupps is a great coach. How he handles all of that talent while playing his kid will be interesting. Being the head coach's kid is a tough spot for the coach and the kid

Will likely be the exact opposite of Staley and son. Good player played appropriately vs. terrible player played like daddy ball with an attitude. Ruin my (meaning Jim) last few years of legacy - well ok even if he cant guard anyone and jacks three from wherever.

Will likely be the exact opposite of Staley and son. Good player played appropriately vs. terrible player played like daddy ball with an attitude. Ruin my (meaning Jim) last few years of legacy - well ok even if he cant guard anyone and jacks three from wherever.

I agree. Cupps will have an "embarrassment of riches" for the next few years. I am excited to see what he can do when he can go 8-10 deep with little or no drop off. Feeling a state championship.

I agree. Cupps will have an "embarrassment of riches" for the next few years. I am excited to see what he can do when he can go 8-10 deep with little or no drop off. Feeling a state championship.

They will be good as they have been. But there are several other teams in area who will be just as good

Springfield & Wayne can compete but a combined Centerville will consistently beat these teams in HS.

We shall see. Just remember this senior class for Wayne lost maybe 1 or 2 games in middle school. This senior class for Springfield maybe won a total of 8 games in middle school a lot changes in 5 years

Springfield & Wayne can compete but a combined Centerville will consistently beat these teams in HS.

I watched the 8th grade final. CVille’s PG played a very good game, especially in the first half. When Wayne put the athlete (very good player) on him, at 100, the game changed. The Wayne athlete (PG)will have to be accounted for in the future. That is just comparing that one position.

SW Ohio basketball may be rising from the ashes.

Last edited:
I don't know about rising from the ashes. A lot of the perennial powers were just down this year after being loaded last year.

Middle school basketball is middle school basketball. You can read into it what you want; ultimately, kids have to continue to grow, get stronger/faster and further develop skills to continue winning. I can think of kids that were studs four years ago that you definitely wouldn't call studs now as juniors or seniors.

As cats mentioned, the Springfield senior class was not very good in junior high. I know this was a down year in SWO, but the same class ended up producing the two best players on a team that won league and district championships, and could very conceivably beat anyone in the region but Moeller. A lot can change, both good and bad, over four years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't know about rising from the ashes. A lot of the perennial powers were just down this year after being loaded last year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am referring to the whole region. Wayne was a power, no doubt, with Coach Trice. There are other teams, in my opinion, besides Springfield, Wayne, and the rest of the GWOC, in division 1, that make up the SW Region.

Is Coach Trice going to come back to boys basketball?

I don't know about rising from the ashes. A lot of the perennial powers were just down this year after being loaded last year

I am not sure I see how the SW OH region was down this year. Moeller should win D1, Trotwood should win D2, and Purcell Marian should win D3. It looks like a pretty strong showing to me.

Kinda hard to maintain 82-4 and 3 Final 4's in a row for Moeller and hopefully back-to-back titles. There will be a fall-off, but never count out Kremer and Big Moe, its not like the cupboard is bare.

I never said anything about counting moeller out. As a matter of fact, I have stated the obvious about their dominance and I have predicted victory. With that being said, no matter how much you think moeller deserves to win all of their games, due to their vastly superior coaches, vastly superior players, vastly superior work ethic, vastly superior basketball iq, vastly superior athletes, and vastly superior skill training techniques, the boys of moeller will come back to earth. Everyone will ask, you built it, why are they not coming?

I never said anything about counting moeller out. As a matter of fact, I have stated the obvious about their dominance and I have predicted victory. With that being said, no matter how much you think moeller deserves to win all of their games, due to their vastly superior coaches, vastly superior players, vastly superior work ethic, vastly superior basketball iq, vastly superior athletes, and vastly superior skill training techniques, the boys of moeller will come back to earth. Everyone will ask, you built it, why are they not coming?

I wasn't responding to you, unless your PhillyCat as well? Anyone with half a brain doesn't respond to you!

I agree with most everything here.

Except for the last sentence of course. GBM

Kinda hard to maintain 82-4 and 3 Final 4's in a row for Moeller and hopefully back-to-back titles. There will be a fall-off, but never count out Kremer and Big Moe, its not like the cupboard is bare.

I meant the fall off from the top regional teams in each division to the rest of the pack. All SWO teams would sweep the state championships and the region still be significantly down, as it is. Just because a single team is a state champion doesn't mean the rest after it aren't lacking in talent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk