2018/19 Centerville ELKS

ELKS Strong

I haven't heard much noise about Centerville this year. Sitting at 6-5, they seem to be under-achieving based on what I heard about them. No quality wins unless you count Lasalle or St. X, but maybe a good loss to Springfield by 4. Any feedback?

I haven't heard much noise about Centerville this year. Sitting at 6-5, they seem to be under-achieving based on what I heard about them. No quality wins unless you count Lasalle or St. X, but maybe a good loss to Springfield by 4. Any feedback?

They have an average big man. They have a good athlete that is a good defender. Other than that, the others are average.

They have an average big man. They have a good athlete that is a good defender. Other than that, the others are average.

I have said that more than once over Cupps tenure at Centerville and yet somehow he seems to get the kids ready for a tournament run. They have been close in each loss this year except Moeller. The Springfield game on 2/1 @Springfield will be more telling about their progress. The parts seem to be there if Cupps can put it all together. We will see.

I have said that more than once over Cupps tenure at Centerville and yet somehow he seems to get the kids ready for a tournament run. They have been close in each loss this year except Moeller. The Springfield game on 2/1 @Springfield will be more telling about their progress. The parts seem to be there if Cupps can put it all together. We will see.

I hope that they get better. SW Ohio needs more excellent teams.

Off topic and on the wrong thread: congrats to the CVille girls varsity. It appears as if they are going to be really good for the next couple of years. That win at MND was quality.

The Elks looked very good against Oak Ridge. I am not sure how good the opponent was. #0 controlled the game. The big guy has a long way to go.

hardcorps, i think someone said oak ridge was the 9a state champs last year in florida. Not sure how good that is, but that's what i heard.

The Elks looked very good against Oak Ridge. I am not sure how good the opponent was. #0 controlled the game. The big guy has a long way to go.

Elks looked and played very well last night. #0 Marchal was outstanding handling the ball pressure and hitting clutch free throws down the stretch. I also thought Snead was really good last night. I thought the DDN said it right that the Elks will be a tough out. I am looking forward to the rematch with Wayne and Springfield

Elks looked and played very well last night. #0 Marchal was outstanding handling the ball pressure and hitting clutch free throws down the stretch. I also thought Snead was really good last night. I thought the DDN said it right that the Elks will be a tough out. I am looking forward to the rematch with Wayne and Springfield

I thought that Marchal played the best game of the day.

ELKS win 5th in a row

Elks are starting to roll now. Winners of 5 straight and should beat Northmont and Purcell Marian. Elks play @Springfield on Feb 1 and should be a good one

Not so fast on Purcell. They will be in Columbus in D3, and they play a great schedule also. Don’t be misled by D3.

Not so fast on Purcell. They will be in Columbus in D3, and they play a great schedule also. Don’t be misled by D3.

It should be a competitive game, but give the Elks a slight edge. On head-to-head matchups (especially St.X game), Elks should win if play well. They have enough athleticism to handle PM. If the Elks play like they did at FTTH, they win. If they play like the 2nd half of Fairfield game, PM can win. It should be fun.

It should be a competitive game, but give the Elks a slight edge. On head-to-head matchups (especially St.X game), Elks should win if play well. They have enough athleticism to handle PM. If the Elks play like they did at FTTH, they win. If they play like the 2nd half of Fairfield game, PM can win. It should be fun.

I would be surprised if Centerville beats PM. IMO PM is the 2nd best team in Cincy this season.

I would be surprised if Centerville beats PM. IMO PM is the 2nd best team in Cincy this season.

I agree there. Not sure why anyone would think Centerville would beat Purcell this year when Purcell went to Centerville and beat them last year.

I agree there. Not sure why anyone would think Centerville would beat Purcell this year when Purcell went to Centerville and beat them last year.

The Centerville fans go all out for Centerville, no matter how good/average/bad they may be. I am not criticizing that.

Elks beat St.X by 16 and PM beat St.X by 13. Like I said, it should be competitive but give the Elks a slight edge. Seems reasonable to me

It looks like the Elks won its 7th in a row. Based on the box score, it sounds like it was a great game. I heard the Elks controlled most of the game, but almost gave it away with late 4Q turnovers. @Springfield this Friday should be interesting too. Go ELKS!

It looks like the Elks won its 7th in a row. Based on the box score, it sounds like it was a great game. I heard the Elks controlled most of the game, but almost gave it away with late 4Q turnovers. @Springfield this Friday should be interesting too. Go ELKS!

Elks controlled the first quarter. Pretty much even after that. Purcell hit a shot with 6 secs left to go up 2. Elks hit a 3 from the corner in a scramble at the buzzer to win by 1.

Congrats on a great win! Buzzer beater 3 to win it had to be exciting. I'm curious now to see how PM will match up with Moeller next week. Maybe East, Taft, or Hughes is the 2nd best team in Cincy. :shrug: It should be a crazy tournament.

Congrats on a great win! Buzzer beater 3 to win it had to be exciting. I'm curious now to see how PM will match up with Moeller next week. Maybe East, Taft, or Hughes is the 2nd best team in Cincy. :shrug: It should be a crazy tournament.

We played both. I think Moeller beats PM by 20+. Moeller has to be the favorite to win state in D1.

Coach Cupps and staff do a good job preparing for the tournament.The schedule reflects one of the most challenging in the GWOC & all schools competing in Ohio.:thumb:

Coach Cupps and staff do a good job preparing for the tournament.The schedule reflects one of the most challenging in the GWOC & all schools competing in Ohio.:thumb:

The gwoc is weak. SW Ohio, besides Moeller, is weak. Getting 2 victories in the tournament is nothing to write home about. CVille does alright with their pretty smart, arrogant approach.

The gwoc is weak. SW Ohio, besides Moeller, is weak. Getting 2 victories in the tournament is nothing to write home about. CVille does alright with their pretty smart, arrogant approach.

Weak compared to who? Moeller lost by 2 in the state championship game last year, ranked #1 this year, and blowing out very good teams.
I would like to see the Elks win Districts this year. I am not sure they have enough overall size to go deeper. Elks will be much bigger next year and might be able to make a serious state title run in a couple years.

Weak compared to who? Moeller lost by 2 in the state championship game last year, ranked #1 this year, and blowing out very good teams.
I would like to see the Elks win Districts this year. I am not sure they have enough overall size to go deeper. Elks will be much bigger next year and might be able to make a serious state title run in a couple years.

Not to be a smart*** but Moeller won state last year. Two years ago they lost in the title game by 2. I imagine we will see them in the final four for the 3rd straight year
I disagree with Hardcorps, SWO might have the state champion in Division 1 and 2, not sure how that is "weak"