2017-18 Buckeye Basketball

eastisbest

Ultimately, I think Painter probably made the most with the lowest recuits but he picked well and teaches his system well. Beilein certainly did a good job, team improved as the year went on but he does have high recruits. Same OSU but no way they were expected to recover so quickly.

Can't argue against Holtman. Regardless how much paid, regardless it was a correct estimate or not, they were expected to be bottom of the barrel but they were a couple plays away from taking regular season.

WHo has done better nationwide, let alone conference?

Stirred not Shaken

OSU def. the jack rabbits but struggled mightily. SDSU basically played a box and one on KBD, and let Jackson, Dackich, and Wesson shoot uncontested 3's. For OSU to def. the Zags their going to have to shoot much better.

Michael Bluth

Those guys aren't good shooters so expecting anything different was dumb on OSU's part. Could have helped to play Kaleb Wesson more than four minutes. Completely ridiculous that he didn't get a chance to play just because they were packing the defense in

EagleGuy

He knew the end was imminent. (I almost had to google that last word. Sheesh!)

MLB starts 03/29, I believe. First time ever for this date and first time all teams will play on opening day. 1227 will be back on Tito before too long. :(

FormerWildcat

Yappi Supporter
I was proud of the effort the Bucks made in the second half, especially after starting the game down 15-0. They just ran out of gas down the stretch making the comeback; nothing to be ashamed of there.

They certainly exceeded anyone's most optimistic expectations by a long shot. Unfortunately, I think the expectations will be too high going into next season without Williams, Tate, and Bates-Diop.

Unless guys like Potter, Young, and Jallow really improve in the off season, I don't see how this team makes the NCAA tournament again next season. I didn't see nearly enough improvement in those three of the course of this year to make me believe they can be a reasonable supporting cast to Jackson and the Wessons going into next year.

EagleGuy

Impostor.

Next year may be the year we expected this year. Would be nice to be wrong though. Inch by inch...

Raymo

I think he goes after the players that he likes,after what he did this year I'm sure it will be better than we think.

nwwarrior09

Florida State's C.J. Walker is transferring to Ohio State. Two years of eligibility after sitting next year. Really nice get.

Huge couple days for recruiting between getting Walker and Gaffney.

FormerWildcat

Yappi Supporter
Florida State's C.J. Walker is transferring to Ohio State. Two years of eligibility after sitting next year. Really nice get.
What's even better is that Walker is a true PG, which the Bucks have been missing for a long time now.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/chopping-block/os-sp-fsu-cj-walker-transfer-20180327-story.html

It's amazing how important the grad transfer rule has become.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/04/what_cj_walkers_transfer_means.html

Ohio State will still go after a graduate transfer guard who can play next season.

Albany's Joe Cremo -- an academic All-Conference selection who averaged 18 points, 4 assists and 4 rebounds last year -- would be a perfect fit for what Ohio State is looking for. But he's a perfect fit for a lot of teams, and the Buckeyes are merely in the mix at this point as Cremo sorts things out. Holtmann and assistant Ryan Pedon visited with Cremo last week.

Ohio State is pursuing Wake Forest graduate transfer Keyshawn Woods (11.9 points; 2.5 rebounds; 1.9 assists last year), and will host UAB transfer Nick Norton (7.6 points, 4.8 assists, 2.8 rebounds) next week. The Buckeyes have also been in contact with Texas A&M Corpus Christi guard Ehab Amin (16.9 points, 6.6 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 3.4 steals per game in 2016-17).

EagleGuy

Beat me to it! LOL

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180424/ohio-state-mens-basketball--wake-forest-transfer-keyshawn-woods-commits-to-buckeyes

With the addition, the Buckeyes have a full roster for the upcoming season and are likely done adding players for this season. They were set to host Samford graduate transfer Christen Cunningham for an official visit starting Wednesday, but that visit has been canceled. It remains possible that the Buckeyes would add one more impact-type of conventional transfer player who would have to sit out a season.

For now, though, Woods appears to be the final piece of the puzzle for the Buckeyes as they aim to return to the NCAA Tournament.