2010 FB Lancers

great game, although again, 2 minutes to go 1st and 5 coach calls Kummer run....end up punting and they score.....Lancers win in spite of Grippa.......

wouldn't it be nice if the OSHAA really did monitor the officials....they were horrendous tonight.....wonder how many of them went ot X

Next up: MOE stop Skove just like we did Hundley and it can be a W also........great D!!!!

GO LANCERS

Actually they sort of are monitred. Coaches at the end of games fill out a report on the refs that gets turned into the OHSAA.

How sweet to beat X. Maybe this will humble the arrogant fan base of X and start giving our Lancers the respect we deserve. This game should not have been as close as it was.

How sweet to beat X. Maybe this will humble the arrogant fan base of X and start giving our Lancers the respect we deserve. This game should not have been as close as it was.

Considering trhe type of individual that generallty goes to X, they will never be respectful of any other teams until they actually get into the real business world and realize we are all basically the same. That ususally doesn't occur until the 40's in age...seen it so often, and by then they really appreciate other teams...Just let it drift off the back---at least Elder has a few more respectful fans among them..

BTW the missed FG should have been 7 but for some ??? calling of plays in that series....and how did he catch that ball at the end??? Isn't that what Rodriquez is back there for??

Final should have been no better than 35-17.... We didn't just squeek by as the Enquirer would suggest.....

Moe will be a bit tougher....

GO LANCERS

REGARDING REPORTING REFS: In all my year of knowing refs, I have never heard of ANY FB ref being disciplined for calling a bad game---and that's 25+ yrs....nothing ever happens to the refs because they NEED each and every one of them or some games would not be played or they would be played on different nights with some Refs doing a 2 a weeker...........what has been told told to me

:stirthepot:

Thanks for the update.........are they reffing this year???

The guys this past friday shouldn't ref another either....they were horrible

Thanks for the update.........are they reffing this year???

The guys this past friday shouldn't ref another either....they were horrible

I was at the game,on the LaSalle side, am not a ref and didn't hear much complaining about the refs at the LaSalle - St X game. In fact, the refs, except for a couple of plays were pretty inconspicuous. Certainly, there were no blown calls on either side that impacted the final result.

didn't watch the same game i did,,,,,refs missed many a hold on X that was the problem---the no calls on obvious holds from mostly the X Left side esp the big tackle----got away with murder...----and if you were indeed in the stands, you SHOULD have heard the noise from the La Salle side....makes no diff now----Moe will get a lot of no calls also---La Salle win the GCLS???????not if it's up to the refs.....wait and watch----

THERE SHOULD be a rule that no ref can ref a game he has personnal ties to---either having went there, having sons or daughters that go there, or have in some way a business tie to that school-----or there should be some sort of disclaimer that they indeed DO have some tie to them---

-ask the coaches---they made a point of telling the refs about some MISSED calls---even ask Dr. Burger---he was flat out mad about a bunch of missed calls---you could see it on the sidelines and he made a point of letting the refs know about it too..........

GO LANCERS BEAT MOE in spite of TG and Refs.....

didn't watch the same game i did,,,,,refs missed many a hold on X that was the problem---the no calls on obvious holds from mostly the X Left side esp the big tackle----got away with murder...----and if you were indeed in the stands, you SHOULD have heard the noise from the La Salle side....makes no diff now----Moe will get a lot of no calls also---La Salle win the GCLS???????not if it's up to the refs.....wait and watch----

THERE SHOULD be a rule that no ref can ref a game he has personnal ties to---either having went there, having sons or daughters that go there, or have in some way a business tie to that school-----or there should be some sort of disclaimer that they indeed DO have some tie to them---

-ask the coaches---they made a point of telling the refs about some MISSED calls---even ask Dr. Burger---he was flat out mad about a bunch of missed calls---you could see it on the sidelines and he made a point of letting the refs know about it too..........

GO LANCERS BEAT MOE in spite of TG and Refs.....

If the refs called holding as you're saying, there would be a holding call on almost every play. Personally, I think the refs were fair, and if they missed a few, that's OK, as long as they miss a few both ways. By the way, I was in the stands on the 50 yard line on the LaSalle sideline right behind the bench. I didn't hear anything I usually don't hear at a game and there were not any calls that significantly impacted the game.

I agree with you about keeping refs away from games where they might have some sort of personal involvement. Just the perception of impropriety should keep that from happening. Are you saying there were some St X alums or parents among the referee crew? If so, they called a pretty good game.

so was I we saw the game differently and it was the NO CALLS that were the problem......like I said, ask the coaches---yes I know they are a biased group-----lets see what Friday brings

By the way, with Northmont beating Centerville, it throws Harbins into a spin--and may make it harder for Syc., Ham., and Anderson to make it

Also La Salle #6 in State right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's DO A RED OUT for the folks in the stands..--------students do what you want.........

Stop Skove, stop Moe..............last week was a fluke----their passing game is usually not that great----but they like the crossing patterns a bunch....

Moe will go with a YELLOW OUT Most likely----that's seems to be their fan color this year....

Good luck Lancers Frriday night. This would be a huge win if we can pull it off. A packed house of red is a must!!!!!!

BIG upset Wayne 34-3 over centerville tonight.....centerville keeps this up and they may not make the playoffs----and it puts wayne in a much better shape to break the top 4, much less the top 8 epending on what happens in the next few weeks---STAY TUNED!!!

Guess the D1 QB has decided to finally start playing!!

GO LANCERS

A couple of questions:

I missed the play where David Zumvorde recovered a Moeller turnover. Was it off of a squib kick of some sorts???

Lastly, can someone tell how Ben Ingle lost his tooth? I know he had a serious tooth injury from wrestling a few years ago that may have contributed to the injury. Ingle is a tough kid either way.

Southwest Guy, was that you standing along the fence wearing a Colerain sweatshirt on the La Salle side?

Let's hope the Colerain - La Salle matchup if it happens is for the regional title. It will all depend on how R4 finishes up.

A couple of questions:

I missed the play where David Zumvorde recovered a Moeller turnover. Was it off of a squib kick of some sorts???

Moeller over shifted to deep left, so Schuster kicked it middle right, and while the Moeller player did misplay it a bit on the bounce, the La Salle players were right there to get it at about the 25.

St. X La Salle Game

To clear the air. The Ref's were not from St. X. That group is from the Westside! Purple Blood!

TWILLKE:
Not a personal attack here...but on the Moeller board you wrote the following that I noticed "Hey, Moe, since your not so endeared with your coaches, how about we switch Grippa for Roe and the rest of your coaching staff?? Don't ask for something you really don't want. You'all a little spoiled over there....see you Friday"

What's your issue that you have taken with Tom Grippa and his staff? If you made it public it to the Moeller crowd that you are not endeared to our coach(s), would you be specific with the La Salle fans as to what is the problem?. I honestly have a hard time figuring it out at this course of the season. Is it really necessary?

A couple of questions:

Lastly, can someone tell how Ben Ingle lost his tooth? I know he had a serious tooth injury from wrestling a few years ago that may have contributed to the injury. Ingle is a tough kid either way.

On moellers first drive ben ingles helmet go ripped off. Apparently one of the moeller players took a cheap shot and hit him in the mouth and he lost his tooth. He then pushed the moeller player back to the ground. That was the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which extended moellers drive and led to their first score

TWILLKE:
Not a personal attack here...but on the Moeller board you wrote the following that I noticed "Hey, Moe, since your not so endeared with your coaches, how about we switch Grippa for Roe and the rest of your coaching staff?? Don't ask for something you really don't want. You'all a little spoiled over there....see you Friday"

What's your issue that you have taken with Tom Grippa and his staff? If you made it public it to the Moeller crowd that you are not endeared to our coach(s), would you be specific with the La Salle fans as to what is the problem?. I honestly have a hard time figuring it out at this course of the season. Is it really necessary?

Moe has a lot of tradition in many areas, but they also have a TON of politics when it comes to coaching staffs---everybody knows that---just ask our O line coach about it...quite a story behind him comning to La Salle....and I hope he stays....he has shown that he is a good one.....my issue with TG (see my earlier posts from this blog way back when we started) simply stems from his ability to coach teams where the ability of the players is less than stellar....with this group of kids, he should be 8-0 and end up 10-0 and go deep into the playoffs...my issue as I have said in earlier posts-is his ability to get the best from all...see the many years we have had good players yet ended up 5-5 +/- 1....Elder state look at his players he had....what happened in Fairfield.....The proof will be next year when ALL his magic will have graduated except for Joey B., and a few others....are we in for another 5-5 +/- 1 season for the next few years???
As for Moe FB, in their eyes anything less than State Champ is a wasted season---they need to come down from the mountain and realize they don't always have the best each year, and that the glory days of the 70's and 80's are gone---just like the Big Red Machine....will Cincy be celebrating the BRM at the 50th anniv of the 75 season??? don't know but wont be surprised if Moe still has their Politics in their sports programs...BTW, let me get my tongue outta my cheek----think Moe can take a litle jab?:stirthepot:

GO LANCERS see you in the big Cow town midstate---ie Columbus

DeSales 5-3, lost big the last two games------let's make up for last years loss!

BTW.....where are all the posts after my little "jab" on Moe's site? boy, I hope they didn't take it too personnal??? I was a joke!!!!!

playoff picture very interesting:

Middies: 10-0
Colerain: 10-0
La Salle: should be 10-0
Moe: 7-3 or 8-2
X: 5-5 or 6-4
Northmont: 7-3
Wayne: 7-3
Centerville: 7-3

wrong year for Mason, Anderson, West Hi, and Hamilton to have had great years!!

Next 2 weeks should be very interesting!!

Only opponent from our first seven that won this weekend was Walsh Jesuit over Benedictine 35-7. We, of course, will get L2 points for Moeller's six wins. Btw, St. Francis de Salles is not 5-3. They are 4-4 with their lastest loss to Bishop Watterson

Last edited:
Princeton gives very little to Colerain, same with Middies over FF. we should be #1 Harbins, or very close to it....and see no reason why we won't stay there...Coach Liebert (great pick up---he'll be busy the next few years with whomever is coming up behind Kummer)---QB coach sorry.....

Re: DeSales---must have read the records wrong

Sycamore might give C some trouble, but should be a win for them
Middies: 2 easy wins and very little points: Lakota East and Princeton.......

7 teams still battling for the final 3 spots

MaxPreps: #22 nation.....can only get better

Hey Peterson: Hope we play St. Ed's in Canton----then you can see firsthand just how good this team has become----and how much Kummer has developed this year!

GO LANCERS

Last edited:
Do we get to bring our own refs?????

Hey everybody--hop on the bus and enjoy a fun filled 8 hours of travel at someone else's expense (driving) and enjoy the game...........let's fill up 3-4 bus loads. These days may not come again for awhile..........

:party: