2010 FB Lancers

TWILLKE

LaSalle picked to finish 1-2 in GCL again.........no respect from anybody so far in these posts eg: best 8 in D4 etc....I thought we were supposed to be #1 at worst #2 this year.in GCLS......what gives......some say 8-2 or 7-3 at worst which is it good team or not?

Most of the so called experts on the football forum are picking us to lose to Lakota West at the Skyline Crosstwon shootout. Now is Lakota West that good or is La Salle not as good as some would have us think.

Most likely the second one, or it is perceived as such. La Salle doesn't have a strong history of winning close games, so many posters will go the "safe" route by picking against La Salle now.

Any info on Lakota west's new transfer QB? According to maxPreps LW isn't that good, esp since they lost a lot last year.....but since all the good BB and FB players in West Chester try to go to Moe or LW, I guess we juyst nededf to wait and see..........LW almost always better than LE though, and since LE lost their best back last year, who knows?????????

Most of the so called experts on the football forum are picking us to lose to Lakota West at the Skyline Crosstwon shootout. Now is Lakota West that good or is La Salle not as good as some would have us think.

At least those that know we aren't playing WW this year:) :laugh:

LaSalle should beat Lakota West in Week #1.

West always has D-1 talent and underachieves. This year will be no different. Plus they lost a lot of really good players last year like Schloemer, Hicks and their Running Back.

I've heard the sophomore QB that is being super-hyped up has been okay in 7-on-7's but probably not quite to the level of his hype. He may not even start for them this year. And I'm not so sure the Lakota West staff will get the most out of a true pro-style QB.

Lakota East should have the better program in another 2 years.

I think the Lancers' lines are under-sized, both offensive and defensive.

That's not good if true, especially going against a GCL-S schedule. The senior class always looked like they had decent size when they were freshman and sophomores, but then again that was 2 and 3 years ago and I know Brandon Mitchell (complete beast), Andre Howard (although I thought he was terrible) and others have since transferred.

not sure they are as undersized as people are saying, only a couple of giants but the rest are big enough and athletic. may not be as big as some previous years but this class is used to winning and will get the job done. If the coach mixes up the run and pass to keep defenses off balance. They have the tools with the most experienced and solid QB and receivers in the GCL - 3 very good running backs and 4 very good recievers.

Back - 6'5" - 285 OL
McBee - 6'3" - 255 OL/DL
Chadwick 6'4" - 230 OL/DL
Crowley - 6'3" - 250 OL
Herth - 6'3" - 235 DL/OL
Leahy - 6'5" - 235 DL/OL
Ayoki - 6'1" - 300 DL

This team will beat X and Elder and will be a toss up against Moeller

According to the La Salle football practice schedule, the event Tuesday was not even called a scrimmage by La Salle. It was called a four way pracitice. Northmont was there as were Withrow and Mason. Coach Brian Castner of Mason did consider it a scrimmage and said this in a tweet, "Scrimmage went well !! We competed and stayed healthy!!"

Last edited:
Not sure where you're getting your information, but the scrimmage was held and La Salle won 3-0. It could have been 6-0.

Also, at the earlier scrimmage on Tuesday, La Salle beat Northmont, Withrow and Mason.

I think most everyone agrees the Lancers will have a good offense, not really sure at this point about the defense.

I think most everyone agrees the Lancers will have a good offense, not really sure at this point about the defense.

Centerville should be a good test, since they are again expected to be #1 or #2 in Dayton, and pretty much showed us the ropes last year same venue.....

Last edited:
Centerville usually has big lines like those we will face in the GCLS. While our offense has moved the ball well so far, it will be interesting to see what we do against a line like Centerville's.

OH boy.....after seeing tonight's game ...thanks to poor QB coaching (just about all balls passed by K were high and away, or missed their mark badly---except the 2 on the lone TD score), nary a running game in sight, a defense that will be only as good depending on how much time it's on the field.., it looks like another 5-5 or at best 6-4, since the Elks really took it to us as the night wore on
Tom G...it's time for you and your staff to give it up and let somebody, anybody, get a chance....same old plays, same old not well mixed up attack, essentially no usage of the tight ends, Screen Plays (i'm not sure there is one in his bag anyway)...comparing the Elks plays and ours...well, same old same old TG...............
yes, the season hasn't started, and maybe things will be different, but after seeing them against a very good team, I doubt we'll see LaSalle in that last game on the magnetic schedule they passed out...I really hope I am wrong, but watching TG these past few years, and seeing how he has wasted great talent in the past, I see little reason to be excited this year.....but I will still go to all the games, cheeer, support, and stay loyal
LIKE I SAID, I hope I am wrong..........

it looks like another 5-5 or at best 6-4, since the Elks really took it to us as the night wore on

Centerville says the score was 26-6. Their lines are huge. They should be a playoff team in R4.

Hmmm. Let's see how that predicted record might happen:
Losses to Elder, St. Xavier, Moeller, and St. Francis.
Possible losses to West at UC and at Lima Senior
Wins at home vs. Northwest, Cov. Cath, Walsh Jesuit, and at East.

I think this team has talent and will finish 7-3. As for the gcl-s games, they will beat elder.

No disagreement here on the talent....sadly all ther talent is with the players...There seems to be a paucity of that on the coaching staff....And lets face it, HS team successes play almost entirely on the skills and teaching ability of coaching staff---sure you need talented players, but I dare say--put any of our kids on the other GCL teams and I will betcha that they will perform better, be more disciplined on the field, and play at a higher level simply because of the coaching they would receive......that comes from a previous asst. coach for Moe and also from one from St. X---friends of mine anecdotal yes, but they know a thing or two about winning.....
But then, I thinkl we had this discussion last year...and the year before that...and.....

GO LANCERS

the score for varsity starters against varsity starters was 12-6.

centerville made it 19-6 when we put in our second string d and they kept in their first string o. then their second string beat our second string soundly due to their numbers and depth.

all in all not as horrible a showing for our varsity as some seem to think. they were very big and very good and we stood up well against them. one over thrown pass that should have been a TD, one slightly under thrown pass that should have been a TD and could have been very different outcome. QB will get better, receivers are very good and farrell showed everyone he can run so hopefully we will commit to the run and throw some screens which opens up the pass.

i am not sure we will see many teams as good as cernterville this year. so i still feel good about these kids. the coach is not going anywhere this year so lets try to stay positive.

Pre-seasson coaches poll in the Enquirer today has our Lancers ranked 7th in the city. At some of the coaches around the city have some respect for our Lancers even if our own fans don't.

LaSalle can have a very good year if the coach sticks to the best game plan since the game was invented: RUN THE BALL AND STOP THE RUN.

Pre-seasson coaches poll in the Enquirer today has our Lancers ranked 7th in the city. At some of the coaches around the city have some respect for our Lancers even if our own fans don't.

I have the utmost respect for the abilities of the players on this team. I only wish I could say the same for the coaches. I may be wrong, and will let the season play out and either prove me wrong or right. In any event, go LANCERS. Will be there at all 10 games....and hopefully #11 also...

By the way, If we're #7, by reason we lose to LW, E,X,M,....6-4...if the coaches are correct in their assumptions....let the games begin...

GO LANCERS

I hope to see two of our teams open their seasons Saturday. I'll be up at Wilmington College at 9:40 to see the cross country team open. Lancers will get an early test against Elder at this meet. Then I'm heading down to UC to see how our football team looks against Lakota West. I fully expect to see two wins Saturday: Cross country beats Elder and football beats West. Oh, how sweet that would be. I'm busy sharpening our lances now along with making sure our horses are well fed going into these contests. I can't wait.

I hope to see two of our teams open their seasons Saturday. I'll be up at Wilmington College at 9:40 to see the cross country team open. Lancers will get an early test against Elder at this meet. Then I'm heading down to UC to see how our football team looks against Lakota West. I fully expect to see two wins Saturday: Cross country beats Elder and football beats West. Oh, how sweet that would be. I'm busy sharpening our lances now along with making sure our horses are well fed going into these contests. I can't wait.

Why not make a weeekend out of it and see E v WW at Nippert Fri....should be #1 loss for E, if predictions prove out...any way you look at it a great weekend of football ahead...

Anybody know how the Freshman teams been looking. My nephew is on it.Ive been looking for a roster on the schools website but they still have last seasons roster up