$20 to Park?

at zanesville saturday night. is that the highest anyone has paid?

This is from OHSAA's 2014 Football Tournament Regulations -

6. Concessions and Parking
All concessions and parking will be operated under the direction of the game manager. Income from
those sources will not be considered as game receipts. Sites may charge up to $3.00 for parking.
The OHSAA Commissioner must approve higher parking charges.

It sounds like you paid someone who wasn't officially handling parking for the site.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf

rv. it was on school grounds, next to the baseball/softball fields...

I'm assuming this is a pretty long RV instead of one of those little rigs that looks like an obese van. Depending on how many parking spots the RV occupied, $20 isn't beyond the realm of outrageousness, but that's just my opinion.

Just use The Working Man's Park-for-Free Guide:

Show the guy all you have is a $100 bill and he won't want to make change for you!

*I do support by paying for parking...this just happened to be the case last week*

But if it was $20 then he may have had change...

I'm assuming this is a pretty long RV instead of one of those little rigs that looks like an obese van. Depending on how many parking spots the RV occupied, $20 isn't beyond the realm of outrageousness, but that's just my opinion.

small rv. parked next to 2 large coach buses that were charged the same. this is where the traffic directors sent us. i think zanesville, or any other location, that does this should be eliminated from consideration for hosting..

Back in the day I was a stringer for the local newspaper, and I probably covered somewhere around 100-120 postseason football, volleyball, and basketball contests. I thus had access to the media parking lot, and I can count on one hand the number of times I had to show my credentials.

But don't try this at home, kids. :)

Totally agree. I don't $20 is outrageous for an RV at all. Even is they are only the length of 2 cars, they tend to take up a lot more than 2 cares worth of space.

Back in the day I was a stringer for the local newspaper, and I probably covered somewhere around 100-120 postseason football, volleyball, and basketball contests. I thus had access to the media parking lot, and I can count on one hand the number of times I had to show my credentials.

But don't try this at home, kids. :)

...Years ago I went to Zanesville for a game & when we pulled into park I was right behind the school bus that had the team band members on it & when they got waived through and I was next, so I told the guy we were with the band (no instruments nor uniforms) and got waived right through.

...so yes, feel free to try this anytime you think you can get away with it! :)

One year down at Cowboys Stadium I had to pay for "oversize" parking. $50/day instead of $10. Though I didn't need a hotel. The parking lot for RVs and buses were the furthest lot from the stadium. Ended up being better just taking a car, getting a hotel, and parking in the main lots by the stadium.

rv. it was on school grounds, next to the baseball/softball fields...

Just be happy you got out Zanesville with your RV. You're lucky someone didn't mistake it for their house and try and take it from you or claim squatter's rights!!!

This is from OHSAA's 2014 Football Tournament Regulations -

6. Concessions and Parking
All concessions and parking will be operated under the direction of the game manager. Income from
those sources will not be considered as game receipts. Sites may charge up to $3.00 for parking.
The OHSAA Commissioner must approve higher parking charges.

It sounds like you paid someone who wasn't officially handling parking for the site.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf

so what are the odds of $3.00 parking at osu?

so what are the odds of $3.00 parking at osu?

OSU will claim all the lots and garages nearby aren't part of the stadium complex, therefore free to charge what they normally would charge.

I always did the $10 pass in Stark County, but what was the per-car price for one game? Was it $3 as well, or was it $5?

Due to some other events, the available lots are different each day, with Friday having the most limited close-up parking.

If one took an RV I am assuming you have a couple/few families in there. Each family pitch in 5 bucks and you are home free.

...Years ago I went to Zanesville for a game & when we pulled into park I was right behind the school bus that had the team band members on it & when they got waived through and I was next, so I told the guy we were with the band (no instruments nor uniforms) and got waived right through.

...so yes, feel free to try this anytime you think you can get away with it! :)

Sooooooooooo cool. You cheated some high school organization out of $5, you gotta be proud of that! :wallbang:

There are plenty of locations that are $5.00 cash only. Check out the OHSAA's website for maps as the parking changes each day to coincide with OSU functions.