1 officer charged in the death of Breonna Taylor

Some facts from today's press conference:

1. The one cop charged with wanton endangerment is charged for shooting into the apartment NEXT DOOR that had three people inside. One charge for each person in that apartment. He shot into apartment 4 but hit the wall connecting to apartment 3. Those 3 in apartment 3 are the "victims" for the charges being filed.

2. The police did knock.

3. The police did announce themselves.

4. Breonna Taylor was NOT asleep in her bed when she was shot.

5. The shooter shot the police first.

6. The police returned fire at the shooter.

7. The State of Kentucky ruled that the two police officers in the doorway were justified in the shooting because they were shot at first.

Maybe it is time to go back and look at all the articles written that got the facts wrong in this case. The lie about not knocking or announcing. The lie about her being shot sleeping in bed. These lies made alot of good people make bad decisions. This was not a case to riot over. It was a preventable tragedy if her boyfriend didn't make such a poor choice.
The City of Louisville should hire Nick Sandman's lawyers and go after the media to recoup the $12 Million they just paid to Breona Taylor's family.

Still, I hate all of this. I hate how this is creating more and more racial divide in the country. I say this bc I have no doubt there are ppl who enjoy this chaos.

Why are you slandering a woman who was murdered in her sleep?
This is the lie the MSM perpetuated for months.

I think the bigger question in this whole thing is why was she in the hallway? There was enough time for the shooter to get his gun and position himself in the shooting position against the police. Why didn't the shooter tell his girlfriend to go hide in the closet or under the bed? Why was she right next to him? Bad decisions all the way around. Never shoot at the police. It is never justified.

Still, I hate all of this. I hate how this is creating more and more racial divide in the country. I say this bc I have no doubt there are ppl who enjoy this chaos.
Yes, Democrats. They believe it serves their purposes and they could not care less that it is tearing our country apart. It is like I said in the "Abusive Husband" thread I started; the Democrats stir up all of the violence and civil upheaval and then blame Trump for it like an abusive husband blames his wife for making him hit her.

WTF? a cop gets shot at from inside the house..returns fire. Kills women sleeping with felon and he gets charged?

Doesn't mean he gets convicted. They can charge anything, the question is can they prove it to a jury? How many times over the last 20 years have we seen prosecutors charge people for show and seen it go nowhere?

a cop gets shot at from inside the house..returns fire. Kills women sleeping with felon and he gets charged?
The cop is not charged for shooting into Breonna Taylor's apartment. He is charged for shooting into the apartment next door. The three inhabitants of the apartment next door are the "victims". Watch over the next few hours as the rage increases because of this distinction. People are starting to get very mad because they are realizing that none of the charges are because of Breonna Taylor's death.

A side of me thinks the officer charged is the scapegoat here, how convenient the information gathered in the investigation can not be released to the public because there is a three count indictment that may rise to a maximum of three consecutive terms of five years each? However, the expected result of a finding of guilty for a class D felony in Kentucky is probation , not prison time.

I would like to hear the officers side of the story, it does seem like he wantonly fired shots without clear sight of the target. I predict he either pleads it down to a misdemeanor or fights it , is found guilty and is sentenced to a couple years but sentence is suspended.

Now to the money, the family got 12 million. The officer who was charged did not hit her. The other two were simply returning fire and she was struck. How does that earn you 12 million?

Momma told me years ago when I hung out with a couple bad dudes ( one had driven 38 in a 35 and the other had unpaid overdue library books in his possession), " you lay down with dogs, your gonna get fleas." Breonna got a bad case of the fleas that comes with hanging with criminals.

IDK, there’s so much conflicting information floating around, it’s impossible to distinguish fact from fiction. I think charges were warranted, but I don’t know if they should’ve gone as high as manslaughter. They certainly don’t rise to murder.
Did you realize that the "No Knock Warrant" was a complete lie ? The cops knocked, identified themselves as cops, and her boyfriend started shooting.

Or that she had been fired as an EMT for dealing drugs, and that the warrant was for her apartment specifically, in part, because of that ?

The media has been misleading us about this case for months here.

This is one of the lies that has been perpetuated by instigators. She was awake and in the hall next to the shooter.
Instigators with press passes and hiding behind the First Amendment. Journalists my asz. There have been many weeks to verify what they write, yet all they do is lie and spin.

That’s the big issue, more and more misinformation. The story all along was this was a no knock warrant with the cops at the wrong house. I still don’t believe she deserved to die, it’s a shame how all of this came about.
Wanton and reckless misuse of press priviliges, and LeBron Twitter, are to blame for inciting riots if it goes off.

Again, getting pissed off... did the cops knock & announce themselves or not? I’m f’n sick of constantly getting difft messages

Some facts from today's press conference:

1. The one cop charged with wanton endangerment is charged for shooting into the apartment NEXT DOOR that had three people inside. One charge for each person in that apartment. He shot into apartment 4 but hit the wall connecting to apartment 3. Those 3 in apartment 3 are the "victims" for the charges being filed.

2. The police did knock.

3. The police did announce themselves.

4. Breonna Taylor was NOT asleep in her bed when she was shot.

5. The shooter shot the police first.

6. The police returned fire at the shooter.

7. The State of Kentucky ruled that the two police officers in the doorway were justified in the shooting because they were shot at first.

Maybe it is time to go back and look at all the articles written that got the facts wrong in this case. The lie about not knocking or announcing. The lie about her being shot sleeping in bed. These lies made alot of good people make bad decisions. This was not a case to riot over. It was a preventable tragedy if her boyfriend didn't make such a poor choice.

Oh, those pesky facts......

It seems some ppl are eager to “rub” this in as a “victory” while others will plainly ignore any information that doesn’t fit with the original story. It’s all a big f’n mess

Also, was her name on the god dam warrant or not? Tired of the f’n lies upon lies.