#1 Georgia vs #3 TCU

I'm sure Georgia was geared up to stop the passing game. That's why it was so big when Harrison went down.
Thanks for making my point. OSU main backs were not playing so Georgia could concentrate on the passing game. OSU best receiver goes out of the game and Georgia was able to sneak out a win over a team missing 5 of their top offensive performers. How much would have a healthy OSU team would have scored?

Thanks for making my point. OSU main backs were not playing so Georgia could concentrate on the passing game. OSU best receiver goes out of the game and Georgia was able to sneak out a win over a team missing 5 of their top offensive performers. How much would have a healthy OSU team would have scored?
Probably 41.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

So why did Michigan pound Ohio State at the Horseshoe? I didn't make your point. I just pointed out that Ohio State's strength is their passing game. In fact, when the CAN run the ball the choose not to many times. All I know is when Georgia needed to play perfectly, they did the last 10 minutes of the game, they did.

So why did Michigan pound Ohio State at the Horseshoe? I didn't make your point. I just pointed out that Ohio State's strength is their passing game. In fact, when the CAN run the ball the choose not to many times. All I know is when Georgia needed to play perfectly, they did the last 10 minutes of the game, they did.
Ohio State like everyone else in College football played a weak schedule. They never had their best offense all season long. They never had a fully healthy group of cornerbacks. Michigan was the only team that OSU faced that could exploit the weaknesses that OSU had on defense. The Bucks were able to work on those problems before the Georgia game. The Bucks were down to a converted LB as the main RB against Michigan.You don't see a problem with that? Did OSU take Michigan too lightly? I would say yes. They were OSU's TCU on that day.

Now Ohio State took Michigan lightly. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Stop embarrassing yourself, dude.

Ohio State like everyone else in College football played a weak schedule. They never had their best offense all season long. They never had a fully healthy group of cornerbacks. Michigan was the only team that OSU faced that could exploit the weaknesses that OSU had on defense. The Bucks were able to work on those problems before the Georgia game. The Bucks were down to a converted LB as the main RB against Michigan.You don't see a problem with that? Did OSU take Michigan too lightly? I would say yes. They were OSU's TCU on that day.
That's incredibly pompous of you. Believe me, I gave OSU the benefit of the doubt in '21. At Michigan, cold, snowy day, windy. But this year? In Columbus, ideal weather conditions and Michigan handed it to Ohio State, especially after halftime.

That's incredibly pompous of you. Believe me, I gave OSU the benefit of the doubt in '21. At Michigan, cold, snowy day, windy. But this year? In Columbus, ideal weather conditions and Michigan handed it to Ohio State, especially after halftime.
And which teams were playing the best ball at the end of the year?

Now Ohio State took Michigan lightly. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Stop embarrassing yourself, dude.

They would never take Michigan lightly. I think they took them far too seriously, with that ridiculous defensive scheme trotted out by Knowles for that one game being waaaay too respectful of Michigan's running game. It allowed Michigan to have a passing game with mediocre McCarthy. It was an abomination and should have resulted in Knowles dismissal.

Last edited:
Lol. So that game was a fluke is a logical argument, TCU beating Michigan on the field in a Playoff game, by stopping the run in a way Ohio State couldn't and that's illogical?
Michigan's QB took TCU lightly, threw a couple of interceptions early and dug Michigan a hole. Once Michigan woke up they almost came back to win the game. Michigan won their super bowl by beating OSU. They were looking ahead to the National Championship Game. Michigan still rushed for 186 yards against TCU without their best back. Michigan beat themselves more than TCU beat them.

Not a fluke, but I do believe some arrogance on UM's part played into their playoff demise. By the player comments I do not think they respected their opponent in the playoff prep process and bought in some to the common media narrative that they were going to be playing for the national title and TCU was an afterthought.

They don't have enough talent to overlook or disrespect anyone capable of playing themselves into the playoff picture.

Michigan's QB took TCU lightly, threw a couple of interceptions early and dug Michigan a hole. Once Michigan woke up they almost came back to win the game. Michigan won their super bowl by beating OSU. They were looking ahead to the National Championship Game. Michigan still rushed for 186 yards against TCU without their best back. Michigan beat themselves more than TCU beat them.
That doesn't mean TCU and by extension the Big 12 wasn't any good, which is the argument you've made based on said result of TCU beating Michigan, calling it a fluke for the better part of 3-4 pages.

Based on your logic we could conclude that Ohio State really wasn't any good because they lost their last two games of the year, only leading Georgia because the Bulldogs took them lightly for 3 Quarters. Don't you see how silly of an argument that is?

It doesn't really matter if Michigan took TCU lightly or not, the Frogs still had to make the plays to win the game. Teams just don't win Playoff/Championship Games by accident.

TCU did. Glad I could help(y)
I know it’s winter, but you Big Ten bumpkins might want to go outside and get some fresh air. Maybe it’ll clear your mind.

The Big Ten wasn’t good this year. Mid-chigan was exactly that: Mid. That’s why they lost to TCU. TCU’s defense took advantage and made game-changing pick-sixes that Ohio State’s Swiss cheese defense couldn’t when Mid-chigan was shredding them like a head of lettuce.

Ohio State’s defense got exposed in the second half of the season as embarrassingly overrated, versus underwhelming competition, no less. Mediocre Sean Clifford and Penn State’s offense lit OSU’s defense up like a Christmas tree to the tune of 482 yards. One-win Northwestern’s clogged-toilet offense spent most of the game running through OSU like the Germans going through Poland. Mediocre Maryland put up 400+ yards and outgained Ohio State. Then Mid-chigan punched right through Ohio State’s ribs, grabbed its heart, threw it down at midfield and drove its flag right through it.

Then Georgia took Ohio State lightly for three quarters and still put up 42 points, as well as lighting up Ohio State like a victory cigar to the tune of 210 yards and 18 points on its last three drives once they decided to start trying. And when you’re the king of the SEC, you have a right to take EVERYBODY lightly. Especially teams from the Lil Ten.

I know it’s winter, but you Big Ten bumpkins might want to go outside and get some fresh air. Maybe it’ll clear your mind.

The Big Ten wasn’t good this year. Mid-chigan was exactly that: Mid. That’s why they lost to TCU. TCU’s defense took advantage and made game-changing pick-sixes that Ohio State’s Swiss cheese defense couldn’t when Mid-chigan was shredding them like a head of lettuce.

Ohio State’s defense got exposed in the second half of the season as embarrassingly overrated, versus underwhelming competition, no less. Mediocre Sean Clifford and Penn State’s offense lit OSU’s defense up like a Christmas tree to the tune of 482 yards. One-win Northwestern’s clogged-toilet offense spent most of the game running through OSU like the Germans going through Poland. Mediocre Maryland put up 400+ yards and outgained Ohio State. Then Mid-chigan punched right through Ohio State’s ribs, grabbed its heart, threw it down at midfield and drove its flag right through it.

Then Georgia took Ohio State lightly for three quarters and still put up 42 points, as well as lighting up Ohio State like a victory cigar to the tune of 210 yards and 18 points on its last three drives once they decided to start trying. And when you’re the king of the SEC, you have a right to take EVERYBODY lightly. Especially teams from the Lil Ten.

No way did UGA take OSU lightly, so get off that ridiculous rant. UGA won a war of attrition and was helped by Ryan Day puckering the last two series on offense.

No way did UGA take OSU lightly, so get off that ridiculous rant. UGA won a war of attrition and was helped by Ryan Day puckering the last two series on offense.
Well, bob99 says Ohio State took Michigan lightly and then Michigan took TCU lightly, so the conclusion I have to draw is that when a team isn’t playing well, it has to be that they took their opponent lightly.

Well, bob99 says Ohio State took Michigan lightly and then Michigan took TCU lightly, so the conclusion I have to draw is that when a team isn’t playing well, it has to be that they took their opponent lightly.

He’s right about Michigan vs TCU. Michigan got what it deserved for having player’s disrespect TCU leading up to the game.

He’s wrong about OSU taking Michigan lightly. One, that will never happen. Two, they actually respected Michigan’s run game waaaay too much with that silly panic mode defense Knowles trotted out for that game. If he plays it straight, OSU probably wins.

The bottom line is the Ohio State team that played Michigan and the Ohio State team that played Georgia were not the same teams. At the end of the year Georgia and Ohio State were the two best teams in the nation. The proof was played out on the field and anyone with half a brain would have seen that. If Stover,Williams and Harrison wouldn't have been knocked out of the game we would have a different National Champion. TCU and Michigan didn't stand a chance the way they both played at the end of the season. The simple truth? Personnel wise they didn't have the horses to get the job done.

I’m going to watch, but there’s been several years where I haven’t made it all the way through the game without dozing off in the middle of it since I’d typically already be asleep by 11 or 11:30 on a Monday night to work early the next day.

The NFL only puts games on Saturdays once college football cedes it for the season. If the powers that be grew some balls and scheduled the title game for a Saturday night, the NFL would in all likelihood figure out a way to schedule around it.

Thursday night or Friday night also would be better than a Monday night. Almost anything is better than Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday nights.

College basketball has the same problem, by the way. The national title game often feels vastly inferior to Final Four Saturday.

The national championship should have been a best of seven series between UGA and Ohio State.

The national championship should have been a best of seven series between UGA and Ohio State.
Presented with that scenario, a quarter of the Buckeyes would’ve opted out and another quarter would’ve picked up an injury over the course of their four losses.

And as I thought....title was last Saturday night. Some day I will understand how we lost that bad to scUM.....didn't bring it....period
I humbly submit that ANYONE who loses to MEEEchigan, should give up football, FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGA is UNDEFEATED against the watermelon heads. And their first win was in Vince Dooleys second season at UGA, AT ANN ARBOR against the defending Rose Bowl Champions.

Presented with that scenario, a quarter of the Buckeyes would’ve opted out and another quarter would’ve picked up an injury over the course of their four losses.

OUCH, that comment MUSTA left a mark!!!!!!!!!!! :stirthepot: