Search results

1. M

Jeannie Rice Sets World Record in London

I know this isn't a high school story, but those who have been running in Northeast Ohio for the last 4+ decades probably know, or know of, Jeannie. She's always been amazing and keeps getting more amazing every year...
  2. M

Double Duals vs Tri-Meet

Why should Double Duals and Triple Duals count as multiple meets against the limit of 16 meets for season? How is this in the best interest of the sport? It's certainly not a safety issue for the kids since they run the same races either way. I only see it as hurting the kids since there are...
  3. M

Favorite Coaching App for iPad (technique work)

A quick survey... Do you use any coaching apps on an iPad to assist with technique work in sprints and field events? If so, what apps do you like?
  4. M

Milesplit XC Filters

Does anyone know what's going on with the filters at milesplit? They have cleaned up and reorganized all of the track filters but have completely eliminated the district, regional, and state filters for cross-country. Are they going to stop doing rankings for XC?
  5. M

Mohican State Park - Trails/Beach?

We're considering a day trip for some trail running and beach time. Mohican looks like it might be a decent option. Can anyone evaluate this loop for running and tell me if there's a decent beach/swimming at the Pleasant Hill Lake Park?
  6. M

Heat Sheets

It's noon the day before the DI Regional at Youngstown, so I am surprised that I cannot find heat sheets. Are they posted some where and I am just overlooking them?
  7. M

800 meter Sprint Medley (100/100/200/400) - is it always unfair?

In my experience, this relay is always run from 4x100 relay marks on the first lap, so when they finish the 2nd turn they have run the same distance. When the 200/400 exchange is also done in lanes, this creates two problems: The first is determining when the 400 athlete can break to lane 1...
  8. M

OATCCC Meet

I find it interesting that there is so little talk about this meet. The most recent thread regarding was started Feb 8th ("When was the first OATCCC meet?") and beyond the factual answer there wasn't much to that thread. I have never placed much importance on this meet and that seems to be...
  9. M

2005 DI Track and Field Regional Championship

Does anyone know where you can see the results from the 2005 DI Regional Track and Field meet at Austintown Fitch? A search at baumspage yields this: Thanks!
  10. M

OHSAA XC Preseason Meet

I had heard a rumour that the OHSAA XC Preseason Meet might become a night meet. Does anyone know if that's more than idle chatter?
  11. M

District Results by Mile

The Madison district provided splits at the one mile, two mile, and finish which enables being able to see the race progress. Here's the boys Div I race: I would love to see the other races/districts, but I've got to get onto other things. I was a bit surpised that there weren't bigger...
  12. M

Galion

I haven't taken a team to Galion in several years and was surprised to see there were only 11 teams in the DI race. It seems like there used to be two DI varsity races because there were so many teams. What gives? Why the dropoff? https://live.deltatiming.com/meets/18062/xc-events/656275/scores
  13. M

Amherst District to ???

The Northeast District Athletic Board site, nedab.org, still has the location for qualifiers from the Amherst District as TBD: Does anyone know for sure where these athletes are headed for regionals?
  14. M

Hytek Experts - Lane Assignments for Double Dual

Putting aside the level of importance you ascribe to dual meet, how are lane assignments supposed to be done in a double dual? In a typical dual meet, our conference uses alternating lanes. With an 8-lane track and three teams this causes a problem, which leads to my question: How are lanes...
  15. M

Hurdle width =/= Lane width

Is this legal?
  16. M

DMR in Ohio HS Indoor Meets?

Is the DMR run in any HS Indoor Meets?
  17. M

Newbury Park's Perfect Score at Southern Sectional

Not only were they 1-5, but their 6th man was 6th and their slowest guy was 12th in ~15:09. The course was very hilly. Is this the greatest HS XC team ever? They'll get no argument from me.
  18. M

PA State Championship

The algorithm at youtube just brought up the video for the PA State Championship Division AAA into my feed: I watched it to see how North Allegheny did. I am impressed by them every year at Boardman's Invitational. NA won easily, again. Their course seems much hillier and more on trails...
  19. M

Rocker vs L-Shape for HS hurdles?

I am thinking there are a variety of opinions on this and am interested in the reasons. If you were going to buy a complete set of new hurdles for a high school program would you buy Rocker hurdles or the L-Shape hurdles? Why? We are currently considering buying rocker hurdles. Over the last...
  20. M

Big Ten Men's 1500m

I absolutely hate watching this race. The athletes have every right to run it the way they want, but I think it's absurd how they turn it into an 800m race nearly every year. This year the leader hit 700m in 2:00.65, behind the women's champion, Olivia Howell (2:00.31), and 5 other women in...