Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Struthers

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Lakeview

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Hubbard

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
Terrible ooc for Poland with the exception of Canfield but I have reason to believe Canfield will be down for a while….

is Poland going to be good this season? No idea what they bring back.
Poland is likely to drop down to DV next year. Canfield at DIII will be solid and Firelands DIV was a playoff team last year and should be better this year. And I have to believe that Howland (DIII) and Salem (DIV) will be better than last year. Both were really bad.

I think Poland slips a little but the cupboard isn't bare. They won't go 9-1 like last year but I think that they can be solid.
I think Poland's season will depend upon a handful of solid upperclassmen and the development of a very strong Sophomore class. Poland has some very solid classes coming through the pipeline. Will be curious to see how they develop over the next few years.

Poland is likely to drop down to DV next year. Canfield at DIII will be solid and Firelands DIV was a playoff team last year and should be better this year. And I have to believe that Howland (DIII) and Salem (DIV) will be better than last year. Both were really bad.
Howland won’t be better anytime soon, Coach Jones has put together a nice staff but the cupboard is beyond bare and it’s become a soccer school. The best athletes aren’t playing football and they only had 16 players last season participating in the jr high program

Howland won’t be better anytime soon, Coach Jones has put together a nice staff but the cupboard is beyond bare and it’s become a soccer school. The best athletes aren’t playing football and they only had 16 players last season participating in the jr high program
I watched them only a couple times last year, but was impressed with the staff and the Perry kid at quarterback/safety, but you are absolutely right about the rest of the roster compared to their competition level. Is the 16 kids 8th grade only or a combination? If its a combination of both middle school grades, then I see no way that a turnaround can take place there. On top of that, they now have to contend with a reinvigorated Harding that will pull any athlete for the foreseeable future. It's crazy how far programs can fall in a short period of time. It wasn't that long ago that I remember watching Deveon Smith run wild over the competition.

I watched them only a couple times last year, but was impressed with the staff and the Perry kid at quarterback/safety, but you are absolutely right about the rest of the roster compared to their competition level. Is the 16 kids 8th grade only or a combination? If its a combination of both middle school grades, then I see no way that a turnaround can take place there. On top of that, they now have to contend with a reinvigorated Harding that will pull any athlete for the foreseeable future. It's crazy how far programs can fall in a short period of time. It wasn't that long ago that I remember watching Deveon Smith run wild over the competition.
Combined 7/8 it’s beyond sad of what has become of the program

Were they close to the d4 cut off last season or something?

Range is supreme until someone knocks them off and I still don’t think anyone will.
Raiders won't graduate nearly as many seniors this year. Some of those were key players, Ewert, Crumbacher, Aquisto, Valentine, etc. They also have some really good talent returning. If they're going to be successful next season, the effort right now, in the weight room will factor in the equation. They'll have to replace two guards & two tackles on offense and all but one down linemen on defense. Line coach will get to show his stuff.

Has Struthers picked up a week 3 yet? I heard that they reached out to Lorain Clearview recently. Not sure that Clearview will play them.

Has Hubbard picked up a week 2 yet? I haven't heard anything on that one yet.

Has Struthers picked up a week 3 yet? I heard that they reached out to Lorain Clearview recently. Not sure that Clearview will play them.

Has Hubbard picked up a week 2 yet? I haven't heard anything on that one yet.
Perhaps we were counting on Canton South hosting us, but that ship has probably sailed.
Clearview would work, just a bit of a haul from our area.
This is two years in a row scrambling to fill games.
Our AD needs to be on it and have the schedule early.
Wouldn't be surprised with a bye however. That's how we roll nowadays.

I think Poland's season will depend upon a handful of solid upperclassmen and the development of a very strong Sophomore class. Poland has some very solid classes coming through the pipeline. Will be curious to see how they develop over the next few years.

I know they have some talent. Who is going to be their QB this year?

I've been saying this for a while now. It would be a good gate at either place. I don't know if there have been any talks between the two but there should.
Both will be really good next season, but it’ll never happen. The fact that reardon did whatever he could to make dukes ineligible is freshmen year is a sticking point for me. That was a low thing to do idc who you’re a fan of that’s low

Both will be really good next season, but it’ll never happen. The fact that reardon did whatever he could to make dukes ineligible is freshmen year is a sticking point for me. That was a low thing to do idc who you’re a fan of that’s low
What was Reardon's beef with Dukes?

Went to Struthers in 8th grade, went to Ursuline in the off season and came back to Struthers at the last minute
I thought the start of 9th grade you go where you want anyway. After that is when the transfer rules come into effect. Maybe I'm wrong though