State Dual results?

2 or 3 years is a lot, considering they have been the best this year and the past two years. You guys at Liberty weren't even that good that long with all your transfers and move in's you had back with Brady, Lawson's (2), Greiner, Meade, and Saito. #Quit Hating

If by “not even that good” you mean the best team in the history of the Central District, then yes you are correct, they were really not that good...

So to get back to topic, can we post a listing of what teams have already qualified for the state duals final 8?

D1
Wadsworth
Marysville
Dublin Coffman
Brecksville
St. Edward
Elyria/Olmsted Falls
LaSalle/Fairfield
Centerville

D2
Louisville
Beaver Local
Lake Catholic/SVSM
Steubenville/Minerva
Buckeye
Ashland/Wauseon
Graham/Jonathan Alder
Licking Valley/Wyoming

D3
Rootstown
Milan Edison
Waynedale
Delta
Sandy Valley
Barnesville/Marion Pleasant
Versailles
Legacy Christian

Last edited:
So to get back to topic, can we post a listing of what teams have already qualified for the state duals final 8?

D1
Wadsworth
Marysville
Dublin Coffman
Brecksville/Mayfield
St. Edward/Oregon Clay
Elyria/Olmsted Falls
LaSalle/Fairfield
Elder/Centerville

D2
Louisville
Beaver Local
Lake Catholic/SVSM
Steubenville/Minerva
Bellevue/Buckeye
Ashland/Wauseon
Graham/Jonathan Alder
Licking Valley/Wyoming

D3
Rootstown
Milan Edison
Mogadore/Waynedale
Delta/Eastwood
Shenandoah/Martins Ferry
Allen East/Versailles
Legacy Christian/Mechanicsburg

I think it will be a Wadsworth- St. Ed's final for D1. Have these two schools wrestled each other this year?

I think it will be a Wadsworth- St. Ed's final for D1. Have these two schools wrestled each other this year?
Yes. 28-28 with St Ed winning on criteria. Neither team was at full strength but I think Wadsworth was closer.

D1
Wadsworth
Marysville
Dublin Coffman
Brecksville/Mayfield
St. Edward/Oregon Clay
Elyria/Olmsted Falls
LaSalle/Fairfield
Elder/Centerville

D2
Louisville
Beaver Local
Lake Catholic/SVSM
Steubenville/Minerva
Bellevue/Buckeye
Ashland/Wauseon
Graham/Jonathan Alder
Licking Valley/Wyoming

D3
Rootstown
Milan Edison
Mogadore/Waynedale
Delta/Eastwood
Shenandoah/Martins Ferry
Allen East/Versailles
Legacy Christian/Mechanicsburg
Did Mason opt out?

4 state placers?
DeSales was named the Team of the Decade by Mr Brakeman for the 70's and that included all the Divisions.
3 State Titles and 2 Runner-ups.

71 Team had 3 State Champs and a 5th ( Tom Bauer, Joe Gordon, Tim Wilson ) Tom Bauer went on to become a Pilot in either AF or Navy and took Tom Cruise up for experience in a fighter plane for his role in Top Gun.
74 Team had 6 State Placers and 2 State Champs among them ( 2x Tom Herold and OSU Wrestler Andy DiSaboto )
77 Team had 6 State Placers and 2 State Champs among them ( 4x Mark Zimmer and Tim Palermi ) Tim Palermi couldn't make the line up until his Senior Year then went undefeated .

Last edited:
Yea but that’s D3, is that even real wrestling? Do they have the same rules there? ?
Graham wins D1. ME would be 2nd or 3rd in D2. LC would also be top 5 in D2 and I would guess that there would be several other D3 schools that can beat D1 and D2 schools. Delta is a very good program that has beaten quite a few D1 and D2 programs this year also. All the D3 schools listed in the 8 for state duals are good programs along with many that didn't get in. Painting D3 as an inferior division is simply unfair. One of the best college wrestlers ever came from D3 Monroeville.

Mason and Perrysburg were two of the biggest surprises being left out, but obviously no scoring system is ever perfect.

Graham wins D1. ME would be 2nd or 3rd in D2. LC would also be top 5 in D2 and I would guess that there would be several other D3 schools that can beat D1 and D2 schools. Delta is a very good program that has beaten quite a few D1 and D2 programs this year also. All the D3 schools listed in the 8 for state duals are good programs along with many that didn't get in. Painting D3 as an inferior division is simply unfair. One of the best college wrestlers ever came from D3 Monroeville.
The poster was just messin' with me. Pugluv gets 'it.'

D1
Wadsworth
Marysville
Dublin Coffman
Brecksville/Mayfield
St. Edward/Oregon Clay
Elyria/Olmsted Falls
LaSalle/Fairfield
Elder/Centerville
Centerville beat Elder 39-28 on December 19 to claim the spot.

State Qualifier 10pts
District Placer 8pts
District Qualifier 6pts
Thank you for clarifying. A couple of questions.....What is the difference between a district placer and a state qualifier? Is a district placer count for 5th & 6th and a state qualifier top 4? Do you get placer points for them too? Is a district qualifier individuals that place 1st-4th? Did they only count underclassman?

The formula for the 2021 state duals invitational was based on the underclassmen from a team's roster in the 2020 individual district tournament. State qualifier (1-4 at district) was 10 points, district placer (5 & 6) was 8 points, district qualifier (participant) was 6 points. Individuals could only earn one of the three point categories. That simple.