State Dual results?

Yeah it is always interesting to look at records. I applaud going against stronger competition. You can always tell a difference come tournament time of who is battled tested. I feel like some teams really go out of their way to wrestle those tougher teams. I tend to ignore the records of some teams like Lasalle and Centerville because they wrestle tough schedules. Of course St. Eds and a few others are even at a higher level. You have to have the horses though to do that.

Agree and by no means am I throwing shade at Wyoming's schedule. They have wrestled a couple of D1 schools I believe but trying to compare results of the two is rough and my statement was a general statement regarding schedules from the info I was able to find. This year in particular makes it tough.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-084859_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-084859_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Guessing the reason for only 2 mats at each site is due to Covid & only wanting 4 teams in the gym at the same time (see schedule in link below)
  • Wish they could have run 4 mats so that they could run a full wrestle backs (maybe next season)
  • Looking at the time schedule I'm guessing the 1st round losers wrestle when the semi on their side of the bracket is going on
  • Thank you OHSWCA for putting this on

Last edited:
See link in post above. Looks like it's $10 per session but I'm guessing it will be limited to parents of wrestlers
I heard 2 tickets per wrestler for top 8
Finals match will be open to public to purchase or have more availability- at least for some divisions. But - that was from a HS kid so take it w a grain of salt

I will say this. I believe strongly that it should be Mason and Centerville going based on results. With that said Lasalle has by far the most heavy hitters to deal with the some of the other teams like they recently showed up at Wadsworth. Mason wrestled Lasalle early in the season and I have no idea how full the lineup was at the time. However, this year we have little else to go on. Mason is a very solid team from top to bottom as the results have shown all year.

Would love to see a Centerville vs Lasalle matchup. Any mix of those three teams I would have been happy with seeing go up there. I may be proven wrong but I have to believe Centerville is the favorite against Mason this weekend. Going to be a huge SW matchup.

No matter who goes up from SW Ohio it is always a tall task to go up with the other top teams around the state. 8 of the best schools in one of the top 5 wrestling states in the country is always a major achievement. Maybe we can all just support SW Ohio whether it is State Duels or Individuals.

Now about that Ross team . . .

Mason beat LaSalle by 22 points this year in a dual.... wouldn't that factor in? I know LaSalle has some heavy hitters, but isn't that the beauty of a dual team vs. tournament team?

I didn’t see a box score, but was told LaSalle was missing a few guys. If they go strictly based on results...

1. St Edward
2. Wadsworth
3. Brecksville
4. Dublin Coffman
5. Mason
6. LaSalle
7. Elyria
8. Marysville

1 thru 6 have all beaten the team right below them.

I didn’t see a box score, but was told LaSalle was missing a few guys. If they go strictly based on results...

1. St Edward
2. Wadsworth
3. Brecksville
4. Dublin Coffman
5. Mason
6. LaSalle
7. Elyria
8. Marysville

1 thru 6 have all beaten the team right below them.

What was the score of the Coffman vs Mason match?

I think you really have to go with results at this point and not a "what if" sort of rankings. Any match a team could have injuries or COVID issues. I don't think most matchups these days are full lineup vs full lineup. If I remember correctly Eds wrestled someone down 6 starters. If you have head to head you have to use those and then you can kind of base things off of records and level of competition. With that said this looks about right.

I've heard rumors of a second round matchup for those that lose in the first round so hopefully they can make new matchups that have not happened during the season. Those top 4 are going to be tough to beat. Dublin Coffman is the real deal.

1. St Edward
2. Wadsworth
3. Brecksville
4. Dublin Coffman
5. Mason
6. LaSalle
7. Elyria
8. Marysville

What was the score of the Coffman vs Mason match?
Mason hasn't wrestled Coffman. Mason did beat LaSalle however LaSalle line up was off as it was earlier in the season and LaSalle had wrestlers not able to compete.

Mason however lost today to Centerville & Westerville North.

I guess the question is... What is the seeding criteria for State Duals? Isn't it usually based on returning DQ & SQ? If that's the case the seeding may not have Mason as high... They only have 2 SQ returning & 4 DQ returning. LaSalle has 5 SQ & 6 DQ.

Last edited:
1. St Edward
2. Wadsworth
3. Brecksville
4. Dublin Coffman
5. Mason
6. LaSalle
7. Elyria
8. Marysville

Mason however lost today to Centerville & Westerville North.

So, did Centerville opt out do to having the conference tournament this Saturday? I'm not asking you, in particular, but I'm guessing that this has a lot to do with them not going.

D1
Top Half
#1 St. Edward vs. #8 Marysville
#4 Dublin Coffman vs. #5 Elyria
Bottom Half
#3 Brecksville vs. #6 LaSalle
#2 Wadsworth vs. #7 Mason

DII
#1 Graham vs. #8 Licking Valley
#4 Ashland vs. #5 St. V.
Bottom
#3 Steubenville vs. #6 Lisbon Beaver
#2 Louisville vs. #7 Buckeye

DIII
#1 Edison vs. #8 Sandy Valley
#4 Waynedale vs. #5 Versailles
Bottom
#3 Delta vs. #6 Rootstown
#2 Legacy Christian vs. #7 Barnesville

Last edited:
D1
Top Half
#1 St. Edward vs. #8 Marysville
#4 Dublin Coffman vs. #5 Elyria
Bottom Half
#3 Brecksville vs. #6 LaSalle
#2 Wadsworth vs. #7 Mason

DII
#1 Graham vs. #8 Licking Valley
#4 Ashland vs. #5 St. V.
Bottom
#3 Steubenville vs. #6 Lisbon Beaver
#2 Louisville vs. #7 Buckeye

DIII
#1 Edison vs. #8 Sandy Valley
#4 Waynedale vs. #5 Versailles
Bottom
#3 Delta vs. #6 Rootstown
#2 Legacy Christian vs. #7 Barnesville

Should be some exciting duals taking place this weekend. I will miss not having all 3 divisions together but are glad that we're even getting to have a dual championship this year.